Sponsored

Moving From GT350 to GT500

navbtcret

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT 500
I recently sold my 2017 GT350 in order to buy a new GT500. My local dealer is giving my their 2021 allocation at sticker but I have a few questions before the order banks open up.

The seats, how do the Recaros in the 500 compare to the 350. I am getting older, 58 but I am still in good shape, I run regularly. I had the Recaros in the 350 and I really liked them but I have driven a 500 that had the heated/cooled seats and liked them also. I will be tracking the car a bit 4-6 events a year and drag racing too. So I guess the question is how well do the leather seats hold you while at a track event? I am leaning toward the comfort of the leather seats.

Next question is how bad is wheel hop on these from the factory when launching at the strip? I plan on doing some suspension mods to eliminate wheel hop but curious how bad it is.

I have a set of two 19" wheel that I have DR's mounted on for the 350, does anyone know if they will fit the 500 or should I sell them and purchase a new pair for the 500.

That is about it for questions, looking forward to getting the 500 in the spring. Thanks.
Sponsored

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Congrats on planning to leap into the greatest modern mustang...

I love the base seats as I am a driver with zero track plans. The butt warmer/cooler is one thing, the other is the seat memory function that reverses for exit, to give more room and then moves to your last setting, or 1 of your 3 programmed settings upon starting. With that said, on a spirited drive on a back road, the base seat keeps me in place, if I had to reach for the shifter, maybe less so?

The 350 wheels will not fit the 500 due to the rotor/caliper size being massive...but @50 Deep has an "in" on the Signature Wheels line being used by Ford Performance Racing School, and many members here have made the upgrade.

On the wheel hop point, while it is there, I cant speak to the issue from a strip viewpoint, so I'll leave it to others with the direct experience.

So what's the planned order expected to look like CFTP, color, etc.?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Recaros are recaros. As for the wheels? I bought a 20" set for the 500. I thought I read that the 19's will work, but I'm not going to mess with that. The car was built for 20's so I got 20's.

I cant speak for wheel hop. I've only had the car in my possession for a very short time. It has been in the shop for almost the entire time I have had it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I absolutely love the Recaro’s, but that’s gonna be a personal preference thing.
I have zero wheel hop in my car. I do have Steeda inserts, and braces now, but had zero hop before that.

The car I drove at the track had zero hop as well.

OP
OP
navbtcret

navbtcret

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT 500
Congrats on planning to leap into the greatest modern mustang...

I love the base seats as I am a driver with zero track plans. The butt warmer/cooler is one thing, the other is the seat memory function that reverses for exit, to give more room and then moves to your last setting, or 1 of your 3 programmed settings upon starting. With that said, on a spirited drive on a back road, the base seat keeps me in place, if I had to reach for the shifter, maybe less so?

The 350 wheels will not fit the 500 due to the rotor/caliper size being massive...but @50 Deep has an "in" on the Signature Wheels line being used by Ford Performance Racing School, and many members here have made the upgrade.

On the wheel hop point, while it is there, I cant speak to the issue from a strip viewpoint, so I'll leave it to others with the direct experience.

So what's the planned order expected to look like CFTP, color, etc.?
I plan on the handling package, leaning towards the grabber yellow but want to see the color first. If not yellow then maybe silver or white. My 350 was white with blue stripes. I plan on getting it without stripes but adding them myself. I am less than impressed with Ford's striping job on the 500.

I guess I will sell the 19's and get a set of 20's for DR's at the strip.

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Speaking for the seats, I have the comfort in my 350 and my dad has recaros in his 500. In the heat, I love the cooled seats, but those recaros just hug you. After sitting in both, I wish my 350 had them as well

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I guess I will sell the 19's and get a set of 20's for DR's at the strip.
As others have said, the Recaro’s are the same. The 19” DR rims will likely fit the rear. But 19’s certainly won’t fit the front.
Sponsored