Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Driving is a privilege in a society. It’s not required to work or survive. Going out into public is a right and making mask punishable by law makes people that don't wear them criminals. I do think that people should wear mask but capitalism can deal with this problem better than government. More and more major stores require mask. I expect all of them to require them soon Our governor mandated mask but the mandate has no teeth. It basically says please wear a mask but if you don’t there no punishment. Just shame from society.

Do you think not wearing a mask is a crime punishable with jail time?
I’m really not sure. Is yes and no a suitable answer?
I think we would both agree that fines hold different punitive value for different people. Eg. $1000 is a lot when you only have $1 but not much when you have several million dollars. Therefore, a financial penalty serves a very different function (if any whatsoever) depending on the disposable income/assets of the person in question.
Time on the other hand could be a far more equitable solution, providing at least some level of parity. A day is a day, no matter who you are. Even millionaires don’t typically laugh at the prospect of being detained where they might simply laugh at a “measly” fine.

There’s a tonne of issues in amongst all of it. Like most people, I’d prefer to see the proposal in full, it’s limitations, uses and outcomes before having any real “opinion” on its likely efficacy and the cost/benefit to the broader public.

As I assume you might know, Melbourne is now seeing a reasonably strong resurgence in infections. The state government has already put restrictions in place but at this stage, they don’t appear to be having any significant effect. Instead of waiting a few more weeks to see what happens, the state government has mandated masks for certain postcodes under certain icircumstances, broadly applying what you might call a “common sense” rule to it all. Yep, it’s kinda vague and I’d hate to be a cop trying to enforce it but it’s really fundamentally about changing peoples habits and mindset.

The state premier in his own words:
Sponsored

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery

Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Call me what you want... but I don't think this is a good idea.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/health/shutdown-us-contain-coronavirus-wellness/index.html

A couple of paragraphs from it..

More than 150 prominent US medical experts, scientists, teachers, nurses and others have signed a letter urging political leaders to shut down the country and start over to contain the surging coronavirus pandemic.

In addition, they say all non-essential businesses should be closed and restaurants nationwide should only provide takeout service. People should only leave their homes to get food and medicine or fresh air and exercise, and masks should be mandatory in all situations, the letter urged. Leaders should also ban interstate travel to help contain the virus.

Going a bit to far, IMHO.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Of course. CNN.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Call me what you want... but I don't think this is a good idea.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/health/shutdown-us-contain-coronavirus-wellness/index.html

A couple of paragraphs from it..

More than 150 prominent US medical experts, scientists, teachers, nurses and others have signed a letter urging political leaders to shut down the country and start over to contain the surging coronavirus pandemic.

In addition, they say all non-essential businesses should be closed and restaurants nationwide should only provide takeout service. People should only leave their homes to get food and medicine or fresh air and exercise, and masks should be mandatory in all situations, the letter urged. Leaders should also ban interstate travel to help contain the virus.

Going a bit to far, IMHO.
When your guy for president hides in a basement and won't take questions unless they are vetted from FRIENDLY reporters, you gotta make things as bad as they can be to help him out.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I guess we wait to see if we can develop a vaccine now. The cooperation rate among the free and the brave will keep us here until that happens. If there is no vaccine developed, then I would not have any faith in a plan B working here either. Pretty shitty situation given the fact that other countries have risen to the task. More restrictions and lockdowns are definitely on their way.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been stocking up on popcorn for the debates.
What were there, 12 Republicans in 2016? One by one, they all disappeared.
Repeat just once against a single 70% operational Joe Biden?
It might be easy stuff.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
They are going to keep him locked there if he is up in the polls. They will cancel the debates if nothing changes.
Isn't that sad? I wonder how many of his supporters actually know that he's chosen Bernie as his economic advisor, AOC as his energy czar, and Beto as his 2nd amendment guy.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isn't that sad? I wonder how many of his supporters actually know that he's chosen Bernie as his economic advisor, AOC as his energy czar, and Beto as his 2nd amendment guy.
I hope Joe knows he's a shill for the sadly changed democratic party who'll leave him just as soon as they use him up.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
They are going to keep him locked there if he is up in the polls. They will cancel the debates if nothing changes.
They won't be real debates, they will be carefully scripted with no interaction allowed and sleepy Joe will know in advance what the questions are.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
They are going to boot him as soon as possible. The VP pick is the presidential pick.

I think he has some serious issues mentally and the only way to keep that hidden is to keep him from going live.

Why the hell cant we just get two normal ass people to run for President?
Thank god for Trump, he kept his campaign promises (miracle!) and still takes any and all questions from a press corps that hates his guts. Sleepy Joe gets in and you'll never and I mean never see him take questions, and the press corps would suck his balls while asking.
Sponsored