Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Freedom of speech does not include the right:

• To incite actions that would harm others (e.g., “Shout[ing] ‘fire’ in a crowded theater.”).
    Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919).
  • To make or distribute obscene materials.
    Roth v. United States, 354 U.S. 476 (1957).
  • To burn draft cards as an anti-war protest.
    United States v. O’Brien, 391 U.S. 367 (1968).
  • To permit students to print articles in a school newspaper over the objections of the school administration.
    Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier, 484 U.S. 260 (1988).
  • Of students to make an obscene speech at a school-sponsored event.
    Bethel School District #43 v. Fraser, 478 U.S. 675 (1986).
  • Of students to advocate illegal drug use at a school-sponsored event.
    Morse v. Frederick, __ U.S. __ (2007).

What part of that limits what I can say? How am I wrong? I can literally say anything I want. I could stand on a street corner and yell racial names at everyone I see. Like I said I don’t agree with the people that are doing that but always want that right protected. Limiting speech is such a slippery slope considering how quickly society’s can change their values. Ultimately limiting free speech always seems to help the politicians as in your case.

And the gun is issue is hilarious to me. The anti gun idea is completely dead at the moment. The left realized all the sudden due to the protest they might need guns and started stocking up. They flipped on the issue. If you strip out about 100 square miles of this country, the gun murder rate fall to almost zero. These crimes are extremely concentrated to certain areas.

Like I said you don’t know anything about this country except what your news source tell you.

Any yes free speech is what makes this the best country in the world. It doesn’t exist anywhere else. Zero places except here.

Edit. No clue how to get the strikeout off.
Apologies for late response, was out for a few days driving the Mustang in the countryside.

Your freedom of speech sounds like a living hell, anyone can say anything they like to whoever they like not matter how offensive or untruthful and that's a good thing? Kinda does explain why your Covid infection rates are going in the wrong direction at record breaking pace and everyone is so angry and looking out only for themselves. Fine, that's your world so enjoy it.

However the rest of the world disagrees with America being the best country in the world, in fact the UK is rated higher (no idea why but it is) and Switzerland is rated as being the Best Country in the world, 4th year running no less.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You didn’t actually take the time to read the studies the article cited, did you?
The simple fact that the author had to (in one instance particularly) use a very poor study conducted on a whopping total of 32 people, should kind of give the game away. It’s called scraping the bottom of the barrel in order to find evidence to suit your conclusion.
There’s a myriad of other issues in the citations, not the least of which being that some of them actually suggested masks WERE effective...
I guess the author was hoping for a less sceptical audience. Seems to have found the target.
You’d be used to this type of quote-mining though, as it’s quite prevalent in the climate science denial sphere.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
You didn’t actually take the time to read the studies the article cited, did you?
The simple fact that the author had to (in one instance particularly) use a very poor study conducted on a whopping total of 32 people, should kind of give the game away. It’s called scraping the bottom of the barrel in order to find evidence to suit your conclusion.
There’s a myriad of other issues in the citations, not the least of which being that some of them actually suggested masks WERE effective...
I guess the author was hoping for a less sceptical audience. Seems to have found the target.
You’d be used to this type of quote-mining though, as it’s quite prevalent in the climate science denial sphere.
Poor Bucky missed the fact that there are NO studies showing masks work.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Poor Bucky missed the fact that there are NO studies showing masks work.
But but but he knows everything...... :giggle:
It’s funny that you would accuse me of knowing everything whilst at the same time asserting that there’s NO studies that show masks work.
I’ll ask you how you know this, unless of course you know EVERYTHING.
Logic clearly isn’t your strong suit.

Oh, and here’s ONE. In case counting is also above you, 1 > 0.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2#Sec3

Never mind that it’s published in a well respected peer-reviewed journal, rather than your garden variety predatory online journal, where they will literally publish ANYTHING if you pay the right amount of money.
You’re welcome.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Any yes free speech is what makes this the best country in the world. It doesn’t exist anywhere else. Zero places except here.
Sorry, but nothing could be further than the truth. It’s comments like this that gain the United States the title as the most arrogant country on earth.
https://medium.com/s/liberal-illiberalisms/free-speech-in-a-global-context-c5534b5eec25

And as far as the best country to live in we do not even make the top 10.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/best-countries-to-live-in

Honestly, I believe that if the founding fathers were to come back today they would rip up the Constitution and Bill of Rights and start all over.

I enjoy living here but I also see the bad right alongside the good. It is unfortunate that the bad today is overwhelming the good. It’s still out there but it is getting harder and harder to find.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
By the way, watch this. This episode aired in 2012, long before our current administration. It was fact checked at the time and found to be accurate. Even though this was an Aaron Sorkin show the main character was a Conservative Republican.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Here’s a second one.
Was REALLY difficult to find. Had to use google and everything....
I wonder how many more I might need to dig up before NONE becomes “Oh wow, I was wrong as usual”
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/
Because wearing something that doesn't stop the expelling or inhalation of droplet size sufficient to infect you makes perfect sense. Because the web is now flooded with ads touting how easy their masks are to breath through and are guaranteed not fog your glasses. Because uncountable cases of bacterial pneumonia from people wearing their mask day after day is really great. And on and on Bucky.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Because wearing something that doesn't stop the expelling or inhalation of droplet size sufficient to infect you makes perfect sense. Because the web is now flooded with ads touting how easy their masks are to breath through and are guaranteed not fog your glasses. Because uncountable cases of bacterial pneumonia from people wearing their mask day after day is really great. And on and on Bucky.
The problem with the "Masks don't work" argument, is that it is a 100% or nothing argument. You are correct in asserting that cotton masks, especially, do not work 100% of the time. That does NOT mean that they do not work at all. COVID-19 particles, are not considered and aerosol, as we understand it today. This means that it requires larger particles in order to move around.

Here is a practical example of how droplets disperse with and without different kinds of masks done by the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
https://news.wisc.edu/coughing-visualization-illustrates-the-benefits-of-wearing-a-good-mask/

While the example here does not specifically speak the fact that COVID-19 is not considered an aerosol at this time, it does demonstrate the way in which droplets disperse.

One thing that people need to remember, is that no one is saying that wearing masks prevents coronavirus. What people ARE saying is that wearing a mask helps control the spread. Those are two very different things. Even a 20% drop in spread and transmission would be huge for ensuring our ICUs aren't overrun with people needing breathing assistance.]

The argument you're making is like saying since seat belts don't prevent 100% of deaths, we shouldn't have them in cars. Or that because anti-lock brakes don't stop 100% of accidents we shouldn't use them. It is an argument that is flawed by design and not addressing the actual question.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
It’s funny that you would accuse me of knowing everything whilst at the same time asserting that there’s NO studies that show masks work.
I’ll ask you how you know this, unless of course you know EVERYTHING.
Logic clearly isn’t your strong suit.

Oh, and here’s ONE. In case counting is also above you, 1 > 0.

Never mind that it’s published in a well respected peer-reviewed journal, rather than your garden variety predatory online journal, where they will literally publish ANYTHING if you pay the right amount of money.
You’re welcome.
Thank you almighty! We bow down to your supremacy! :handsinair:

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
The problem with the "Masks don't work" argument, is that it is a 100% or nothing argument. You are correct in asserting that cotton masks, especially, do not work 100% of the time. That does NOT mean that they do not work at all. COVID-19 particles, are not considered and aerosol, as we understand it today. This means that it requires larger particles in order to move around.

Here is a practical example of how droplets disperse with and without different kinds of masks done by the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
https://news.wisc.edu/coughing-visualization-illustrates-the-benefits-of-wearing-a-good-mask/

While the example here does not specifically speak the fact that COVID-19 is not considered an aerosol at this time, it does demonstrate the way in which droplets disperse.

One thing that people need to remember, is that no one is saying that wearing masks prevents coronavirus. What people ARE saying is that wearing a mask helps control the spread. Those are two very different things. Even a 20% drop in spread and transmission would be huge for ensuring our ICUs aren't overrun with people needing breathing assistance.]

The argument you're making is like saying since seat belts don't prevent 100% of deaths, we shouldn't have them in cars. Or that because anti-lock brakes don't stop 100% of accidents we shouldn't use them. It is an argument that is flawed by design and not addressing the actual question.
The size droplets you see being expelled are almost immediately removed by gravity. The droplet size that stays airborne and can infect you laughs at your mask. Everyone in China wore a mask because of the horrible pollution and other health risks, it went through them like shit through a goose.

Dense concentrations of people are the issue.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
meanwhile in breaking news from the weekend, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53453077 so much for freedom of speech now the US have snatch squads. Aye, that sounds a great place to live.

If the rest of the world catches up with the US infection rates then we deserve everything we get so hopefully that wont happen!
Sponsored