Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There's not really any reason to think there won't be herd immunity. In fact there's substantial evidence of it already - for example the strong negative correlation between the size of the first and second "waves" in various states. I'd say a reasonable model for this disease is about 0.2% mortality across the population skewed HEAVILY to the elderly and very sick, with 60-75% infection rate required for herd immunity. Meaning the US as a whole is about 1/3 of the way there but some places like NY and MA are basically there, and sure enough there's no second wave in those places at all.
Read this from the Republican governor of Mississippi.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...erd-immunity-is-not-anything-like-a-realistic

Also no state has recorded a "second wave" at this point. The states with spikes are recording them as a continuation of the first wave. Honestly though, at this point, why does it even matter.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
For a point of comparison, flying about 5-10 hours of general aviation (not commercial aviation) has the same mortality risk as contracting COVID-19 as a 40 year old. Is everyone who gets in a Cesna "complacent" or are they just taking a risk they feel like taking?
Interesting analogy, but flawed.

A crash into a mountain....5 dead

upload_2020-7-16_10-23-37.jpeg

A crash into a city. 50 dead. This is COVID-19!

?width=630&version=2190873.jpg

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Man, that's crazy. Getting positive tests without even taking one. Makes no sense. This is South Carolina. That's the last thing the government would want. Who is/was doing the testing?
It is definitely not just SC...you see reports of this all over the country.

As far as who was doing the testing I could not say for sure but around here Prisma health owns about every hospital other than Lexington Medical Center.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Itā€™s going on the other direction in most countries. Japan just declared a level 4 (highest) health emergency. Itā€™s coming back almost everywhere.

The counties with low testing like Mexico might was well not publish their numbers. Check out Israel.

95D31E8C-56C3-44F0-8082-5863D2C05A8D.jpeg
Sad considering how far down after us you have to go to identify another "developed" nation. What are we comparing ourselves to?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Watching the NBC evening news last night, they report refrigerated trailers are parked outside of hospitals waiting for the dead as they pan a picture of a truck parked next to a building. It was a freakin' dry box as if we aren't smart enough to notice it didn't even have a reefer on it. Un f'ing believable.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Did you even read your article? The one pictured at the bottom is not in use. Unknown about the top pic as it wasn't in your article. Are those bodies in the truck or something else? Based on the stocking hat and winter coat, I'm just guessing that's probably not Texas in July. More like a pic from Cuomo's fiasco in NY a few months ago. Keep up the great work though. NBC has always got a spot for you.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Standard fare for stock photos used by media. Pictures used with military-related reports on all networks make me laugh, for example.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Did you even read your article? The one pictured at the bottom is not in use. Unknown about the top pic as it wasn't in your article. Are those bodies in the truck or something else? Based on the stocking hat and winter coat, I'm just guessing that's probably not Texas in July. More like a pic from Cuomo's fiasco in NY a few months ago. Keep up the great work though. NBC has always got a spot for you.
Oh snap! :cwl:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
1st photo was from a different report and marked as such: "Medical workers wearing personal protective gear remove a body from a refrigerator truck outside of the Brooklyn Hospital on March 31, 2020 in New York City. Getty Images"

"Refrigerated trucks were also used at the height of the outbreak in New York City, which was once the epicenter of the pandemic."

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
snip

And America is the greatest country ever. Itā€™s not even an argument. Is there anywhere else in the world you can say whatever you want and not be arrested? Nope. Not yours.
mmm pretty sure that bit in bold doesn't apply to America or any country actually, you have rights but you also have laws and limits to such rights. Tbh even if it was true, which of course it isn't and thus negates your entire argument, I would not want to live in place that allows such wanton stupidity.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Don't mind the US while we point fingers at China lying about their data while we attempt to cover up ours as well.

While we tell ourselves "the science should not stand in the way."

"To be a scientist is to be naive. We are so focused on our search for the truth we fail to consider how few actually want us to find it. But it is always there whether we see it or not, whether we choose to or not. The truth doesn't care about our needs or wants, it doesn't care about our governments, our ideologies, our religions. It will lie in wait for all time. And this, at last, is the gift of Chernobyl. Where I once would fear the cost of truth, now I only ask: What is the cost of lies?"

-

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Nope. In America you can say anything short of directly threatening violence upon someone(s). That alone makes this the best country in the world. Plus the guns thing of course.

The U.K. doesnā€™t have free speech. Not at all.

July 2011, highlights from The Daily Show, an American TV program, were not shown on Channel 4's More4 channel because showing coverage of the House of Commons in a comedic or satirical context in Britain is prohibited by parliamentary rules. American viewers were able to see the material.

In October 2011, 28-year old Stephen Birrell was sentenced to eight months in jail for engaging in Scottish sectarianism. He made posts to a Facebook page called "Neil Lennon should be banned" which insulted Catholics and the Pope. Sheriff Bill Totten stated "the right-thinking people of Glasgow and Scotland will not allow any behaviour of this nature".

In May 2012, 21-year old Liam Stacey spent 56 days in jail for tweeting ""LOL, F*** Muamba. He's dead." The line referred to English footballer Fabrice Muamba after a cardiac arrest which led to his retirement. After a large influx of criticism from other Twitter users, Stacey argued back with racial insults including "go pick some cotton". He was charged under the Public Order Act 1986 and apologized for the comments.

In June 2018, the television show Last Week Tonight with John Oliver was not permitted to broadcast a segment about Brexit in the UK, as the clip contained scenes of debate in the House of Commons. John Oliver, calling the restriction "genuinely insane and frankly antidemocratic", replaced the clip in the UK broadcast with Gilbert Gottfried reading three-star Yelp reviews of Boise, Idaho restaurants.

Most people here donā€™t realize in most of the world comments about hate or disagreeing with the mainstream view can get you locked up. While I may not agree with what those people say I absolutely support their right to say them.
where to start. Clearly you are not going to change your mind but you are still wrong.
https://www.uscourts.gov/about-fede...ational-outreach/activity-resources/what-does

The guns things, yeah it's a race to see which kills you all first. Guns or a pandemic. Strange times.

Stephen Birrell - yeah we have a problem with sectarianism and idiots like that should be locked up and never let out. The religious violence especially after football (soccer) games between Rangers and Celtic was shocking - Northern Ireland of course was the same religious intolerance scaled up to max and none of us would want to live in that.

Liam Stacey - quite right he got banged up for that. Which part of him being locked up do you have a problem with?

The House of Commons - yeah that is a strange one and is bonkers. To be honest, watching some of the press conferences you realise our politicians can make a right twat of themselves just by giving them air time and a mic. Does make us laugh / cringe / weep with shame.

Is the UK / Scotland perfect or even the best place in the world? Nope, far from it. We do have freedom of speech and we can disagree with what you would class mainstream views but we have limits that the vast majority of people are more than happy with and I'm sure some rules were in fact raised by public concerns.

What you say makes America the best country in the world is I suppose your freedom to say what you want and my right to completely disagree with you :like:

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Freedom of speech does not include the right:
  • To incite actions that would harm others (e.g., ā€œShouting ā€˜fireā€™ in a crowded theater.ā€).
    Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919).
  • To make or distribute obscene materials.
    Roth v. United States, 354 U.S. 476 (1957).
  • To burn draft cards as an anti-war protest.
    United States v. Oā€™Brien, 391 U.S. 367 (1968).
  • To permit students to print articles in a school newspaper over the objections of the school administration.
    Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier, 484 U.S. 260 (1988).
  • Of students to make an obscene speech at a school-sponsored event.
    Bethel School District #43 v. Fraser, 478 U.S. 675 (1986).
  • Of students to advocate illegal drug use at a school-sponsored event.
    Morse v. Frederick, __ U.S. __ (2007).[/S]
What part of that limits what I can say? How am I wrong? I can literally say anything I want. I could stand on a street corner and yell racial names at everyone I see. Like I said I donā€™t agree with the people that are doing that but always want that right protected. Limiting speech is such a slippery slope considering how quickly societyā€™s can change their values. Ultimately limiting free speech always seems to help the politicians as in your case.

And the gun is issue is hilarious to me. The anti gun idea is completely dead at the moment. The left realized all the sudden due to the protest they might need guns and started stocking up. They flipped on the issue. If you strip out about 100 square miles of this country, the gun murder rate fall to almost zero. These crimes are extremely concentrated to certain areas.

Like I said you donā€™t know anything about this country except what your news source tell you.

Any yes free speech is what makes this the best country in the world. It doesnā€™t exist anywhere else. Zero places except here.

Edit. No clue how to get the strikeout off
Looks like it was accidentally started with the S for Shouting fire in a crowded theater.
Sponsored