Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Wish you the best with your results.

I know several people that are in similar situations.

My parents and brother are telling me to come visit in my downtime but I’m extremely hesitant to jump on a plane right now and IF by a small chance I have been exposed and carrying asymtompatic I don’t know how I’d live with myself if I passed it on to my parents or niece/nephew who are very young.

These are truly scary times.
Thank you for the good wishes. I think you are right to steer clear of your loved ones. It is better to be safe than sorry right now.
Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
OP...where you at?

Do you still think this pandemic is bull?

I am sold..in fact I was sold 2 weeks ago.

Speaking on selling ..any thoughts on those members of gov't who sold stock in hotels and time share companies last month after the breifing on how serious this waa going to be?

Should the punishment fit the crime?

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
^^ thats shocking but not surprising, the world over is full of these people :punch::curse:

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
New York is getting hammered
Screenshot (1065).png

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
What I think is really come to light is that our healthcare system, long looked at as the best in the world, is crumbling before our eyes. How did this happen, how do we fix it for the next time? And there will be a next time.
Not sure anyone thought ours was the best in the world especially given the world rankings...we were something about 30ish if I remember.

What were regarded as the best in the world have been shown to be overwhelmed...just look at Italy.

What we do have that I consider the best is the resources and companies to do the research necessary to come up with vaccines and materials if needed but it does take time.

If the Chinese had been forthcoming instead of hiding it for two months I believe most of this pain could have been avoided.

Our country like most is very social despite the electronics age upon us and it shows how contagions could be used to cause extreme havoc.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You think?????? Are you rich? Only reason I can think that your brother and parents want to get rid of you. :giggle:
Bwahaha. Far from it and even further now. Thanks COVID-19!

Thank you for the good wishes. I think you are right to steer clear of your loved ones. It is better to be safe than sorry right now.
Agreed.. no problem.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I’m a firm believer in its natures way of thinning the herd.

I don’t mean it to be disrespectful or an excuse to go spread it, also a firm believer in Karma.

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Holy crap at the New York numbers! They are 10 times higher than my whole country right now.
The only reason NY has huge numbers is because we are doing so much more testing. California, Washington, would all have huge numbers as well if they did as much testing. This crap is everywhere. The numbers NY has posted is probably 10X to low for how many cases are actually out there. Same goes for rest of the US.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Again, no one is denying it is more contagious than the flu (although it might not be since we have had years to develop resistance/flu shots).

No one is also denying it is more dangerous. Current mortality rate worldwide is 1 in 100 versus 1 in 1000 for the flu (again with many years to develop resistance).

What is in dispute is the actions being taken and whether it is appropriate to do so. President Trump and other world leaders have taken the stance that people trump economy. As in you cannot replace the dead but you can rebuild the economy.

History will decide if this has been a major over reaction or the correct reaction. What we do know is that if this lock down is more than a couple or weeks the damage to the economy and people's livelihoods might be irreversible or take a very long time to correct. Which will beg the question as to whether it was worth it.

The only benefit I see is that it now brings to light our ridiculous dependence on China that will hopefully now get bi-partisan support to fix.
The only reason NY has huge numbers is because we are doing so much more testing. California, Washington, would all have huge numbers as well if they did as much testing. This crap is everywhere. The numbers NY has posted is probably 10X to low for how many cases are actually out there. Same goes for rest of the US.
We're basically in the blind right now, hardly anyone has been tested. Like they say, people who have it usually wouldn't even notice any symptoms, and if they did, it would be minor. That's the worst part, potentially and unknowingly infecting others, and then it's just an exponential nightmare.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
What are the odds of dying from Corvid-19? The way I look at it. There are approximately 330 million people in the US, we are three weeks into the 1st case being reported but the virus has likely been here longer. Out of 330-million potential victims in a 3 week period we have a little over 300 deaths, most of which had serious medical issues to begin with.

Lets look at other odds:
Odds of getting hit by lightning once - 1 in 700,000
Odds of getting hit by lightning twice - 1 in 9 million
Odds of winning PowerBall - 1 in 292 million
Odds of being in a plane crash - 1 in 9 million
Odds of dying of cancer - 1 in 7
Odds of dying of heart disease - 1 in 6
Odds of dying in stroke - 1 in 28.
Odds of being diagnosed with Autism - 1 in 59

For this we are destroying our entire economy, loosing our jobs, and spending trillions of dollars. We all need to relax and take a deep breath.

Last edited:

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Thanks I was wondering if New York had a more aggressive testing regimen. I think that explains some of it but not all of it when you look at the number of deaths. They are pretty high as well though not as high as the average mortality rate which shows the testing is ahead of that right now. I agree the real number of folks infected everywhere is likely 10x higher than what has been discovered. Yikes!

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
What are the odds of dying from Corvid-19? The way I look at it. There are approximately 330 million people in the US, we are three weeks into the 1st case being reported but the virus has likely been here longer. Out of 330-million potential victims in a 3 week period we have a little over 300 deaths, most of which had serious medical issues to begin with.

Lets look at other odds:
Odds of getting hit by lightning once - 1 in 700,000
Odds of getting hit by lightning twice - 1 in 9 million
Odds of winning PowerBall - 1 in 292 million
Odds of being in a plane crash - 1 in 9 million
Odds of dying of cancer - 1 in 7
Odds of dying of heart disease - 1 in 6
Odds of dying in stroke - 1 in 28.
Odds of being diagnosed with Autism - 1 in 59

For this we are destroying our entire economy, loosing our jobs, and spending trillions of dollars. We all need to relax and take a deep breath.
If you consider how much the USA has jumped in a 1week time frame in cases (and we are scarcely testing the population) and compare that to other countries who were hit earlier then us, who are now suffering immensely there is reason to be concerned and worried. Believe it or not Italy has good health care system, just caught off guard. So do some of the other countries being hit.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
If you consider how much the USA has jumped in a 1week time frame in cases (and we are scarcely testing the population) and compare that to other countries who were hit earlier then us, who are now suffering immensely there is reason to be concerned and worried. Believe it or not Italy has good health care system, just caught off guard. So do some of the other countries being hit.
Sponsored