Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I'm not concerned about cases. How many people are actually dying? Dwell down deeper of the 300 who died how many may have perished from a simple flu?

Each year there is a flu virus that hits us all, many get sick and some unfortunately pass. During peak flu seasons of past how many deaths were there per month?

Remember we are destroying our educational system for this year, destroying our economy, and millions are losing their jobs.
Sponsored

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I'm not concerned about cases. How many people are actually dying? Dwell down deeper of the 300 who died how many may have perished from a simple flu?

Each year there is a flu virus that hits us all, many get sick and some unfortunately pass. During peak flu seasons of past how many deaths were there per month?

Remember we are destroying our educational system for this year, destroying our economy, and millions are losing their jobs.
You wont know the actual stats until it is all well and truly over and under control.

For now you figures are skewed, you are using the total US population and the current 300 death rate. That 300 can easily turn to 3000 in a couple of weeks.

While I agree on certain aspects with the flu, you have to remember the flu is understood now, there are jabs that reduce your chance of getting it, and the public understand it. Covid hasn't hit any of those yet.
Time will tell if the economically damaging response was worth it I guess.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Anyone work at a hospital? What happens if you have 50-60 people show up a day with pneumonia so bad they need a respirator?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’m a healthcare provider.

This is real. Do not take it for granted. Please.

Seriously, just look st the magnitude of this situation!! How many countries? How many people? How much money?

It amazes me that people can overlook this whole crisis and feel that it’s being overblown.

Scares the crap out of me... this decision hasn’t hit where I’m at yet, but think about this as it’s happening RIGHT NOW in Italy and possibly near you; 20 patients in ICU needing a ventilator. You have 10 ventilators. Choose the 10...

Sorry... tired, stressed and afraid...

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has Patient Zero ever been identified in China?

What actions are being taken when a “Patient Zero” pops up in an area as a NEW statistic? Are they quarantining anyone who was around that new Patient Zero, or are those contact folks just out and about in public OR if already sequestered, coming in contact with whomever may be in their residence?

———

Here is the link to the most accurate real time data from the John Hopkins map (genuine link, not fake):
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

If one is looking at the overall map, look at the highest concentrations between Europe and US; those concentrations are located where there are Ports (shipping) and Airports (and many popular Cruise destination routes). This COVID19 has been in play since December 2019 before it went totally ballistic. From Dec 2019 until about Feb 2020, the amount of people who traveled between those highest concentration points - were probably MILLIONS. This virus was already on the move before any declaration of Emergency was announced by the WHO, let alone any country.

The argument (or discussion) spawned by the OP was (or is) the misinformation that was being spread by the media - which spawned nothing but PANIC. The Markets were not crashing (or being widely affected) until rumors, tons of misinformation, fake news/stories/heresy being posted on XYZ Social Media accounts, etc. The matter wasn’t helped by the fact that Govt was not being 1000% transparent and truthful to the public but telling everyone “it’s a hoax, we have it totally under control, it’s not coming here, business as usual”...

Dec 31 2019 was first reported instance of COVID19 to WHO. How many days or months prior to Dec 31 was COVID19 being transmitted amongst humans? Even if we say start date was January 1, 2020 - the virus was already in transmission for THIRTY ONE DAYS... more than enough time to be transmitted amongst quite a few humans between continents.

From the WHO website:
The outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020
United States March 13 2020, National Emergency Declaration signed and put into place due to COVID19 outbreak.

Jan 30-31, Feb 1-29, Mar 1-12; 43 days it took for the US to recognize this as an emergency...

And still.... Even after actual Press Conferences where State Governors are giving factual information for almost 1-1.5 hrs, the local News Stations and the online News sites continue to either ad lib, take info out of context OR are just adding their own take on what was just announced to the Public via the minutes old live Press session...

——
Now to the question of the unloading of Stock before anyone knew what was about to happen, this article has the most facts that I’ve seen so far, including the NYSE CEO who sold off millions of shares:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nyse-j...y-stock-ahead-of-coronavirus-market-meltdown/

IMO they all should face insider trading charges...and face the same penalty as Martha Stewart. While folks are having their 401k’s and any other investment accounts being sucked f’n dry, these people KNEW well in advance - and they used insider knowledge from the many high level contacts they have due to their own high ranking positions. The NYSE CEO should step down. Those in the Senate, Congress or any other Govt held position who did the same using insider knowledge should resign or be pulled from their seats.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve read at least 50% of the responses on this post and it just absolutely amazes me at how poorly some people seem to grasp the basic concept of this pandemic and it’s implications.
Some are saying that it only affects the elderly. WRONG!
Pre-existing conditions increase the risk VASTLY.
I have friends who are undergoing chemo. Any idea how likely they are to survive if they contract it? Me either. That’s why they’re isolating their entire families in their homes.
What about grandparents? Do we no not care about people over 65 anymore?
Is it ok if they die because a certain percentage of the population just don’t either give a fuck or aren’t bright enough to comprehend that it’s not about their own personal well-being?
As I write this, the State Govt. of Victoria (Australia) has decided that school is off for the next month, despite the Federal Governments reluctance to take such measures.
Essential services will continue, other services are at serious risk. We are simply trying to flatten the curve so that those who need treatment can actually get it.

Trump certainly hasn’t done the US any favours from what I can see.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
USA as a country did all the wrong things that Italy did, they so far have lost 5,000 of their 60 million people.

Doing the math the means the USA will lose 27,000 people, taking into account that the USA population isn't as old or sickly as Italy's, one could still be looking at close to 20,000 deaths in USA..

Granted out of the USA population of 327 million that may not seem like a lot but tell that to the families of their lost loved ones.

TC

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
USA as a country did all the wrong things that Italy did, they so far have lost 5,000 of their 60 million people.

Doing the math the means the USA will lose 27,000 people, taking into account that the USA population isn't as old or sickly as Italy's, one could still be looking at close to 20,000 deaths in USA..

Granted out of the USA population of 327 million that may not seem like a lot but tell that to the families of their lost loved ones.

TC

Maybe add 1-2 0s to that 27k and you will have your number before this is all over.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

TC

The US will lose between 1-30 million people. That’s a huge range but we just don’t have enough information at this point. It’s about to get crazy folks. I expect a nationwide shutdown next week.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’m a healthcare provider.

This is real. Do not take it for granted. Please.

Seriously, just look st the magnitude of this situation!! How many countries? How many people? How much money?

It amazes me that people can overlook this whole crisis and feel that it’s being overblown.

Scares the crap out of me... this decision hasn’t hit where I’m at yet, but think about this as it’s happening RIGHT NOW in Italy and possibly near you; 20 patients in ICU needing a ventilator. You have 10 ventilators. Choose the 10...

Sorry... tired, stressed and afraid...
Thank you for posting and thank you for putting your life on the line for others. Please continue to post with anything you feel is pertinent. We’re all here for you :like:

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The US will lose between 1-30 million people. That’s a huge range but we just don’t have enough information at this point. It’s about to get crazy folks. I expect a nationwide shutdown next week.
Ok we are at 348 deaths as of this morning. Please show us your math where you arrive at 1-30 million, I'll be waiting.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Consider this:
According to the United Nations World Population Prospects report, approximately 7,452 people die every day in the United States. In other words, a person dies in the US approximately every 12 seconds.
I'm not saying the virus is not a big threat, I'm saying, lets keep things in perspective.

Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day. On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe add 1-2 0s to that 27k and you will have your number before this is all over.
Each year approximately 30,000 people die from the standard flu season.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ok we are at 348 deaths as of this morning. Please show us your math where you arrive at 1-30 million, I'll be waiting.
I’m sorry, but are you f-cking kidding me. You really want to argue how many people are going to die. This is one very sick conversation.

Each year approximately 30,000 people die from the standard flu season.
Have you not read or heard anything about this pandemic? You flat out cannot compare this novel Coronavirus to anything else. Forget the flu, car accidents, cancer, cigarette smoking, etc. Until we hit the peak of the curve, no one knows where this is going.
Sponsored