jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I’ve heard of the exhaust code on some, but anyone getting this code?? Dealership is starting a ticket with ford to figure this out, it’s happening way too often
F8E4A1FD-B54A-4604-BB4B-236D9E83FA05.jpeg
0E4CDB4D-3641-421E-AE55-3A20A4C0031B.jpeg
Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Looks like one of the magna-ride strut is defective, most likely they will have to replace the faulty strut. Or the sensor that sends the signal to the strut is faulting.

*EDIT* Or the pigtail connector could be loose.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What are the codes?

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
They found a position sensor that was bad the first time, and a connection on a rear with a bent connector on rear 2nd time. It’s a very intermittent fault? It might be good one time but bad next, could start fine but code this in the middle of a drive? Very frustrating!! Dealership is starting a ticket as they are unsure where to look next.
@Tomster , the code will come up suspension fault vehicle limited to 80mph and some times lock me out of drive modes and sometimes not. Plus sometimes locks me out of exhaust also.

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I will say this started after engine replacement, maybe a pinched wire? The condition has gotten worse. It used to happen just every now and then is happening every drive. Maybe what ever is failing will just fail and they find the problem.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I will say this started after engine replacement, maybe a pinched wire? The condition has gotten worse. It used to happen just every now and then is happening every drive. Maybe what ever is failing will just fail and they find the problem.
Engine replacement? Eesh, having heard that, now I'm wondering if the wire is pinched or too close to the engine block and the wire is broken in the housing and as the sleeve heats up and expands it seperates the wire enough to cause the wire from making contact which then causes the fault and when it cools the housing contracts and the wire makes contact again.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
They found a position sensor that was bad the first time, and a connection on a rear with a bent connector on rear 2nd time. It’s a very intermittent fault? It might be good one time but bad next, could start fine but code this in the middle of a drive? Very frustrating!! Dealership is starting a ticket as they are unsure where to look next.
@Tomster , the code will come up suspension fault vehicle limited to 80mph and some times lock me out of drive modes and sometimes not. Plus sometimes locks me out of exhaust also.
What code did your OBD reader throw out was my question

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
What code did your OBD reader throw out was my question
No clue what the actual official code is. I get no dash light except the message, or at times messages. I do not have a scan tool. According to the dealership on the first try to fix it, it was a positioning sensor.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'd at the very least pick up a budget scan tool as well as the factory service manual and look myself in addition to whatever the dealer does. Just me, but I already have both and would use this issue as an excuse to pick this piece up from FP.

M-12655-F.jpeg

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-12655-F

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I'd at the very least pick up a budget scan tool as well as the factory service manual and look myself in addition to whatever the dealer does. Just me, but I already have both and would use this issue as an excuse to pick this piece up from FP.

M-12655-F.jpeg

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-12655-F
Thank you for the link, I will get that on order. It would be nice to have.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Well now, that's an interesting gadget, Tob and I sure liked what I read..until,

"Country of Origin - China"

so I'm torn. I would very much like to have real time readouts once in awhile along with the data logging and, I realize that we may never be able to do the whole,

upload_2020-8-17_5-27-24.png

..thing completely but I guess I'm too old school and remember "Made in Japan."

But with the dramatic reduction in the cost of technology production, it's pretty much impossible to avoid.

I'll probably end up getting one or if I'm lucky, find a similar, Made in the USA, alternative.

Thanks.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Mag ride on my 2015 Chevy will not show codes on your 'standard' OBDII reader. It takes something a little more fancy to get the suspension codes. Not sure if that is the same across mfgr or not.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I just use Forscan. You don't have to buy a dedicated code reader. You just need to pick up an OBD interface. I agree.... everyone should have one.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Well now, that's an interesting gadget, Tob and I sure liked what I read..until,

"Country of Origin - China"

so I'm torn. I would very much like to have real time readouts once in awhile along with the data logging and, I realize that we may never be able to do the whole,

upload_2020-8-17_5-27-24.png

..thing completely but I guess I'm too old school and remember "Made in Japan."

But with the dramatic reduction in the cost of technology production, it's pretty much impossible to avoid.

I'll probably end up getting one or if I'm lucky, find a similar, Made in the USA, alternative.

Thanks.
If you are looking for real time readouts, use your OBD Bluetooth reader along with a tablet. There is an app in the play store that interacts with the reader and you can customize whichever parameter you want to monitor. You can build yourself an instrument cluster display and log the data.