Sponsored

Have another seat, this keeps getting better....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So I was planning on getting the plastic louver vent for the CF hood and reached out to my dealership parts department. With an employee discount the flimsy plastic vent was $1,500.

I just wanted to say thank you to Ford for making the parts that are part of our cars cost prohibitive. There ought to be a way for people who own these cars to be able to obtain these parts at a reasonable price. I get part of the reason...... it makes it very difficult for the lots of people who want to imitate the GT500.

Ford, what you are doing in a round about way is screwing the people who paid a lot of money for the GT500. Ford continues to disappoint......
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Boy that sux potatoes, Tom and I couldn't agree more. If your name is attached to a purchased vehicle, you shouldn't be taken to the cleaners.

Heck, the AC vent probably won't be THAT much. <fingers crossed>

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
MSRP $2,266

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Jesus, at that price you could buy another hood. Hope they don't price things this way in relation to the AC/FP carbon fiber vent.

Speaking of air vents, had the vibration in mine (passenger top door card vent) fixed with a little bit of foam tape you can't even see. Wish such a simple fix could be had for your issues.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
This is preposterous! I agree with them not wanting people to imitate a 500. At the same time they are hurting themselves by not selling these parts at a reasonable price to people who can afford them. Hell maybe they don't give a shit.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Twenty two hundred ****ing dollars?

Ford, it's high time to have a meeting where you don't talk but instead just sit there and listen. No bottled water to sip on, and no cell phone to play candy crunch with. Just hours of common sense talk from real people and not the poorly chosen focus groups that you somehow think actually represents actual owners.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, the replacement on I got months ago was priced at $2,500 AND its unpainted. Mine was replaced under warranty due to missing paint on a few of the louvers.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
And here is a guy trying to improve on the 4100 pound pig that Ford was forced to put out on a compromise.

You want to put a CF hood on the car? Well, you are going to have to do one of two things......

Either pay the inflated price for spare parts or scavenge them off your old hood. I like to keep my stuff all original. Why should I be forced to give up on a project because Ford priced me out of it?

Does anyone realize how far Ford has their head up their ass?

Ford..... you delivered to me a car with multiple defects. For that lack of quality control you should be ashamed. Now here I am trying to improve upon your heavy design and you make it almost impossible.

JFC, do any of you Ford people realize how far out of touch you are?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I get part of the reason...... it makes it very difficult for the lots of people who want to imitate the GT500.
Except if buyers are imitating, they'll wait for a knock off from the Pacific Rim for $200, that will probably be [mostly] indistinguishable from the OEM part. - the manufacturers of said parts will find a source for the OEM specs to properly replicate it.

A buddy of mine bought some M3 parts off AliExpress, showed up, beautiful carbon fiber, perfect fitment, and vs. the <high_end_tuner> brand, it was about 1/10th the price.

They __should__ make it reasonable for people who want to own OEM part(s) and support the brand - that price has some an asinine artificial price inflation.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Except if buyers are imitating, they'll wait for a knock off from the Pacific Rim for $200, that will probably be [mostly] indistinguishable from the OEM part. - the manufacturers of said parts will find a source for the OEM specs to properly replicate it.

A buddy of mine bought some M3 parts off AliExpress, showed up, beautiful carbon fiber, perfect fitment, and vs. the <high_end_tuner> brand, it was about 1/10th the price.

They __should__ make it reasonable for people who want to own OEM part(s) and support the brand - that price has some an asinine artificial price inflation.
They don't realize it, but they are killing innovation and their own brand. So let's see..... they are putting out defective products (my car is a classic example) and anyone who wants to improve upon the design is subject to the aftermarket. Keep in mind the aftermarket project I am working on is dependent upon the various parts that ford sells that has no aftermarket equivalent.

If i was Anderson Composites, I'd be pissed. Its no wonder these hoods are not flying off the shelves. Nobody can afford to pay twice the hood price to finish the project.

It makes zero sense.

Sponsored

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
They don't realize it, but they are killing innovation and their own brand. So let's see..... they are putting out defective products (my car is a classic example) and anyone who wants to improve upon the design is subject to the aftermarket. Keep in mind the aftermarket project I am working on is dependent upon the various parts that ford sells that has no aftermarket equivalent.

If i was Anderson Composites, I'd be pissed. Its no wonder these hoods are not flying off the shelves. Nobody can afford to pay twice the hood price to finish the project.

It makes zero sense.
I completely feel your pain! I had about 4700 in parts to buy the oem hood w/raintray, and at the time ford had said this stuff was made out of aluminum. I was completely shocked when the hood came in smc and rain tray was plastic for that price!!!!! Then I thought the hood locks came with bases for that crazy price, which they didn't. The icing on the cake was the nuts to hold locks In for 83 a piece and have to buy 4 when you only need 2!

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
What's lighter; plastic or carbon fiber?

lol but yeah that's nuts pricing.

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
I thought Anderson was supposed to release a CF version of the hood vent, maybe I wished it to be so........

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I thought Anderson was supposed to release a CF version of the hood vent, maybe I wished it to be so........
They are supposed to via FP I thought.

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
:headbang: Well .....surely that will be cheaper. lol
I guess this is what we get for being early adopters
Sponsored