Sponsored

Any dyno graphs with Comp cr Stg 3 cams?

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
[MENTION=23439]Terminator2[/MENTION] Come on man near 200 on the dyno, whats the inherent risk...lol

Yeah im thinking 470 plus is doable on e85, just have to find a station or order a jug

I will say just the change to the 47lb injectors made a noticable difference in driveability and how fast timing ramps in (the 6 vs 4 holes are a def plus for fuel atomization)

Im expecting to eclipse the 500 mark with the cam swap on 93, and i may solidify that with a ported head setup (definetly achievable with just the cams and e85)
Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
:frusty: i never said the CJ isnt worth doing all im saying is id do other mods before it.

Rule # 1 never pay full price for parts.
Rule #2 never pay someone else to do what i can with my own 2 hands.

This is a bit blown out of proportion on the CJ trust me yes i understand the benifits of it and where it would shine again id be doing cams (opg upgrades) exhaust and e85 then intake is all ive been trying to point out from the get go.
Glad that we can agree that the CJ is a worth while mod. I have just been trying to get through to you that installing cams before an intake mani is a good bit more expensive no matter how you do it and will not be more beneficial from a performance standpoint. But different strokes for different folks. I am interested in your results with stock headers and intake. Installing them yourself will save you a good bit of money but I'm not sure where you will find them for near 1k let alone with opg/cg/dampner. Good luck brotha, I got nothing but love for my fellow stangers no matter which way you want to go!:cheers:

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I forget who made the comment that a H/C/I 5.0 on FTW would barely crack 500 wheel. As posted earlier in the thread, I hit 500whp on 93 with bolt-ons and cams. It's very doable.

Revauto said I'd pick up another 30-40whp with heads. 530-540whp isn't off the table, N/A. Yes, the right tuner and parts combo are essential.

Bang for buck for my 3.31 FD:
1) Intake/Tune
2) Headers
3) Manifold

For a 3.73 FD, I'd switch the manifold and the headers on that list. Running a big rpm mani on 3.31 is a waste.
I agree with everything you stated.:thumbsup: I do like my GT350 IM but I think the CJ will be a better choice to hit the numbers though. Headwork and compression bump would be for the most serious big money NA guys. I could definitely see some 550whp NA cars that are still streetable if you have the wallet to take it that far. I'm not so sure about 600whp with out really expensive fuel and crazy cams that are not too street friendly.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Glad that we can agree that the CJ is a worth while mod. I have just been trying to get through to you that installing cams before an intake mani is a good bit more expensive no matter how you do it and will not be more beneficial from a performance standpoint. But different strokes for different folks. I am interested in your results with stock headers and intake. Installing them yourself will save you a good bit of money but I'm not sure where you will find them for near 1k let alone with opg/cg/dampner. Good luck brotha, I got nothing but love for my fellow stangers no matter which way you want to go!:cheers:
i know where i can get custom spec cams and ported heads for about 3k.

Of course cams would be done as same time as opg upgrades. it doesnt make sense to me to replace the opg and be that far into the engine when really cams is barely any more work.

This whole debate to me results in the lack of proof of what gains are actually produced 1 mod at a time.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am lucky enough to have a good friend that has a dynojet in his home garage (he also has a 1400hp GTR and a 420whp Focus RS) so I have tracked gains per mod over my path. The only one I have not done personally is the cams. I have talked with a couple guys with cams, seen dyno sheets, and talked with tuners to gather intel on the comp 3's. You have a nice setup planned. Good luck.

Sponsored

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2000 C5, 2006 Eclipse GT, 2003 Evo 8
Ill update with dyno graphs, and slide by the shop at some point and do an overlay of all mods but here's a synopsis of my mods thus far:

Stock IM with tune and steeda: 392hp @ 6700

GT350 IM tune and steeda: 427 hp @ 7300

Added catted pypes long tubes: 445 @ 7300

Finally decided to tune myself and added timing/fuel and optimised the vct: 457 @ 7300

All runs were on the same dyno very close weather,conditions and on 93 octane, i have now added 47lb injectors and went back to a ported stock tb and the numbers from datalogs indicate slight gains over my previous tune (still on 93) plan on redynoing soon

Follow on plans include comp s3 cams...
you should have a very good set up. I would like to see if you hit 500whp on 93, make sure to update when you do.

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Will do....finally fed the horse some corn last night and thus far the car feels faster and datalogs support it....i will redyno on corn before cams after the install i plan on doing a 93 oct vs e85 dyno

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will do....finally fed the horse some corn last night and thus far the car feels faster and datalogs support it....i will redyno on corn before cams after the install i plan on doing a 93 oct vs e85 dyno
I can't wait for your results! I have been looking for a setup close to mine with a manual trans and the comp 3's for numbers. Dominant1 on here is pretty close but he has an auto and only made 477whp on 93. I am at almost 460whp on e85 without the cams. I was beginning to think it will not be possible to hit 500whp even with the cams on 93 with the GT350 IM. I have been thinking I will need to make the switch to the CJ. Your info may be a deciding factor if you can hit the magic number even on e85. Keep us posted!

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Show me someone making 70-90whp from cams on an S550. Please.

Sponsored

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
@Terminator2 Come on man near 200 on the dyno, whats the inherent risk...lol

Yeah im thinking 470 plus is doable on e85, just have to find a station or order a jug

I will say just the change to the 47lb injectors made a noticable difference in driveability and how fast timing ramps in (the 6 vs 4 holes are a def plus for fuel atomization)

Im expecting to eclipse the 500 mark with the cam swap on 93, and i may solidify that with a ported head setup (definetly achievable with just the cams and e85)
So you think the 47lb injectors are worthwhile even if sticking with 93? E85 is not easy to come by in NJ and I'm trying to get the most out of my N/A build.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on this thread? Spoke to Lund and got some rather vague and disconcerting information. Very likely I may not have understood his response 100% but cams in the S550 isn't as huge of a gain as some may think. It's gain, just not huge game changing gain. And I still didn't find out if using this stage 3 cam without limiters makes a difference on the low end.

Again, may have misunderstood the guy at Lund. The challenges of conversing over email.

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Any update on this thread? Spoke to Lund and got some rather vague and disconcerting information. Very likely I may not have understood his response 100% but cams in the S550 isn't as huge of a gain as some may think. It's gain, just not huge game changing gain. And I still didn't find out if using this stage 3 cam without limiters makes a difference on the low end.

Again, may have misunderstood the guy at Lund. The challenges of conversing over email.
You won't use limiters on the 2015+ GT. The tq should be much better without them. I was told the comps are to aggressive for our springs and you would need to replace them.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
So you think the 47lb injectors are worthwhile even if sticking with 93? E85 is not easy to come by in NJ and I'm trying to get the most out of my N/A build.
47lb injectors are far better then stock. Better throttle response, able to run e-85 at high rpm's safely, they don't tick under load like stock injectors. Even just running 91 or 93 its better then stock.

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0

Would you remote tune or dyno tune these cams? I would highly recommend getting a proper dyno tune.
Sponsored