Sponsored

Any dyno graphs with Comp cr Stg 3 cams?

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I have a cobra jet and plan to run 7900rpm. Even running to 7500 would be too much and that came from tech guy at Comp cams.
No, running even to 7800 wont do any harm plus I doubt they would ever advertise them as NSR 7500 rpm and then let the people blow theirs engines.
Like I said - spoke with Comp Cams as well and they said those are NSR up to 7500 rpm.

A shop guy would tell you everything as long it makes money for him - luckily I have my own brain...
Sponsored

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
No, running even to 7800 wont do any harm plus I doubt they would ever advertise them as NSR 7500 rpm and then let the people blow theirs engines.
Like I said - spoke with Comp Cams as well and they said those are NSR up to 7500 rpm.

A shop guy would tell you everything as long it makes money for him - luckily I have my own brain...
Haha well I wish you luck. And no this wasn't info from a shop that was making money from me. I sure am glad you have your own brain lmao, you must also be a cam guru

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
What a shit show for those of you wanting NA cams. Youd think company's would be trying to put out lots of info. It shouldn't be this hard for people, youd think by now people would know what they gain and dont. A ball was dropped in a big way i feel.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Haha well I wish you luck. And no this wasn't info from a shop that was making money from me. I sure am glad you have your own brain lmao, you must also be a cam guru
Actually I'm an engineer and I can read the data...lmao!

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Actually I'm an engineer and I can read the data...lmao!
lol that's fantastic. Do you not plan to rev past 7500 ? I'm manual and at the track I would need to to be in 4th gear to reach the end of it meaning about 7700 rpm or more. Did you engineer that or no hahah

Sponsored

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
What a shit show for those of you wanting NA cams. Youd think company's would be trying to put out lots of info. It shouldn't be this hard for people, youd think by now people would know what they gain and dont. A ball was dropped in a big way i feel.
I complete agree, comp seems to be a pile of shit. They tell one guy he's ok with stock springs and tell another he needs springs if he plans to rev higher with them. Zero real info other than tuners talking about valve float with the cams in data logging

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I complete agree, comp seems to be a pile of shit. They tell one guy he's ok with stock springs and tell another he needs springs if he plans to rev higher with them. Zero real info other than tuners talking about valve float with the cams in data logging
No, I think you just can't accept that there's other choice as you have chosen to go with...hence you BS and rant...I think in reality you made that conversation with Comp Cams up...

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
I cant believe anyone would use L&M for anything after they tanked their rep on svtp with how Badcompany was done.
Trashing people youve never worked with again i see huh?

Geezus dont complain when i frequently catch you in the middle of this nonsense.

If YOU personally have never worked with them how can you complain or is this heresay again!?

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
No, I think you just can't accept that there's other choice as you have chosen to go with...hence you BS and rant...I think in reality you made that conversation with Comp Cams up...
Trust me I'd love to run the comps, Im just not going to be a Guinea pig and find out they were all right, the ramp rates caused turbulence. Lmfaoo no I didn't make anything up. The tech told me what I already said. It's funny you would think I need to make a conversation up to post online to convince others of something I may do.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Trust me I'd love to run the comps, Im just not going to be a Guinea pig and find out they were all right, the ramp rates caused turbulence. Lmfaoo no I didn't make anything up. The tech told me what I already said. It's funny you would think I need to make a conversation up to post online to convince others of something I may do.
Trust you? - not a chance slick :lol:

The real reason there's so little data on those cams so far is that people just can't really justify spending 1500 on cams and 1000 on labor, not to mention approx 200 buck in bolts. If want a "complete" upgrade here you would want to install billet OPG and CS as the same time and at the end you are close to 3 grand. Which is what I'm going to do but I don't need to pay for labor...

Big money - small gains...nothing else. That's why most would just wait and save more money to go FA - and then they forget to change the OPG/CS and their engines blows...

No need to be a guinea pig here - there is little data but nobody said that there's no data at all. Those cams were installed, tunes made and it runs just fine.

Funny you are so convinced with OTHER cams?!? How the hell you can even tell that other cams will not "shatter" your valvetrain as well? :lol:

Sponsored

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
me personally im convinced the lack of people doing cams is partially the lack of tuners that know how to manipulate the vct and vvt properly to get the most out of the cams.

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Trust you? - not a chance slick :lol:

The real reason there's so little data on those cams so far is that people just can't really justify spending 1500 on cams and 1000 on labor, not to mention approx 200 buck in bolts. If want a "complete" upgrade here you would want to install billet OPG and CS as the same time and at the end you are close to 3 grand. Which is what I'm going to do but I don't need to pay for labor...

Big money - small gains...nothing else. That's why most would just wait and save more money to go FA - and then they forget to change the OPG/CS and their engines blows...

No need to be a guinea pig here - there is little data but nobody said that there's no data at all. Those cams were installed, tunes made and it runs just fine.

Funny you are so convinced with OTHER cams?!? How the hell you can even tell that other cams will not "shatter" your valvetrain as well? :lol:
I spoke with the guy that designed them, the shop that checks them. The L&M cams are same lift as stock with changed valve events. Lift doesn't make power on the coyote. Oh and the L&M cams were actually tested unlike the new comp cams. You say there is data but I can't find it which is why I made this thread so please help us all out and post it all up for us to see. If I see data that says they are safe I will run them in an instant. I'm not doing forced induction I'm staying NA. Only reason I'm doing cams is because I'll be in doing opg and sprocket.
Do you work for comp? Why so stuck on them and sure they are the end all cam? Why not go custom?

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
lol apparently you dont google very well..... the comp cams info is out there quite the opposite for L&M cam info umm excuse me where was that info posted?

Or once i get a chance ill find it myself.

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
lol apparently you dont google very well..... the comp cams info is out there quite the opposite for L&M cam info umm excuse me where was that info posted?

Or once i get a chance ill find it myself.
Haha cam specs sure real data nope. I want real results.
Get on svt performance forum and check it out. Real dyno results. Also track data. Gun is running mid 10s now with just intake cams and cobra jet.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I spoke with the guy that designed them, the shop that checks them. The L&M cams are same lift as stock with changed valve events. Lift doesn't make power on the coyote. Oh and the L&M cams were actually tested unlike the new comp cams. You say there is data but I can't find it which is why I made this thread so please help us all out and post it all up for us to see. If I see data that says they are safe I will run them in an instant. I'm not doing forced induction I'm staying NA. Only reason I'm doing cams is because I'll be in doing opg and sprocket.
Do you work for comp? Why so stuck on them and sure they are the end all cam? Why not go custom?
So you reckon that Comp Cams are not legit and were not tested whatsoever? Bollocks... :lol:
Talk to tuners - they did quite a few...

I've never seen L&M tests, never heard any "tuner" mentioning them yet I tend to hold my rant on them...do you work for L&M?

The L&M cams are same lift as stock with changed valve events - Comp Cams are what? :tsk:
P.S
You can't really change events in cams - you can change the duration/separation which has nothing to do with events...events are fixed in this engine...
Sponsored