Any GT Performance Pack convertibles out there

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Yeah, that's great, I got mine before the price bump when it was only ~$2500 (then it went to ~$3K and now it's ~$4K!)

So you did / are doing the Perf Package: dash+gauge cluster, radiator, springs, shocks, bigger swaybar, strut tower brace, K-brace, the 6/4 Brembo setup[?]

I guess the only other major item is the TORSEN rear (and possibly better gearing), the MY18+ autos with the PP now come with it and 3:55 gears in the PP, might be a good score to find a junked car with a cheap rear, go all out :D
Yes that's the plan. The strut tower and kbrace came with the car and have gathered up most on the other parts. Waiting on the PP1 radiator find next.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yes that's the plan. The strut tower and kbrace came with the car and have gathered up most on the other parts. Waiting on the PP1 radiator find next.
Neat! Look forward to reading about the progress.

From 2015-17 Yes but manual only.
Ford actually introduced the PP as an option for convertibles starting in MY16. :)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Sorry my bad. Good to know
No biggie, it was a pretty awesome, since I was ready to buy (like needed to buy, sold my car in 24 hours :D), however, it was tough to track down, orders were taking months, so I found one in MD, and had it shipped to my door. I think generally, convertibles tend to be more "cruiser" type cars so far fewer manuals (and even less PP optioned).

Though to be honest, if I were buying new today, I'd be hard pressed to not go with a 10-speed + PP, love my car, the manual is a ton of fun, but it does create the occasional issue with me and the wife not being able to swap cars (since she doesn't drive manuals).

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
No biggie, it was a pretty awesome, since I was ready to buy (like needed to buy, sold my car in 24 hours :D), however, it was tough to track down, orders were taking months, so I found one in MD, and had it shipped to my door. I think generally, convertibles tend to be more "cruiser" type cars so far fewer manuals (and even less PP optioned).

Though to be honest, if I were buying new today, I'd be hard pressed to not go with a 10-speed + PP, love my car, the manual is a ton of fun, but it does create the occasional issue with me and the wife not being able to swap cars (since she doesn't drive manuals).
I live in So Calif. and cant have a manual so hence the mods. Also a 18 GT PP1 drop top is about $53k and I am building this 1 for less than $40k

Sponsored

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I ordered the car W/ the 3.55LS knowing I was going to build this PP1.
Good thing you did, the auto equipped PP1 cars get 3.55's from the factory. But all PP cars get the torsen diff, not the LS. But unless you are going to track the car a lot it's not worth the cost and effort to switch to the torsen.

Also in 17 the PP cars, coupe and verts had the factory spoiler delete on the trunk lid. Just an FYI if you are planning on making it as accurate as possible.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
Good thing you did, the auto equipped PP1 cars get 3.55's from the factory. But all PP cars get the torsen diff, not the LS. But unless you are going to track the car a lot it's not worth the cost and effort to switch to the torsen
Well close as I can get

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
For street driving you will never notice the difference between the LS and the torsen. I would install the rest of the PP parts and enjoy the car.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
For street driving you will never notice the difference between the LS and the torsen. I would install the rest of the PP parts and enjoy the car.
That's the plan getting the parts all set a well as the mechanical and video team all set. We are going to shoot it in my garage all in 1 day.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
Good thing you did, the auto equipped PP1 cars get 3.55's from the factory. But all PP cars get the torsen diff, not the LS. But unless you are going to track the car a lot it's not worth the cost and effort to switch to the torsen.

Also in 17 the PP cars, coupe and verts had the factory spoiler delete on the trunk lid. Just an FYI if you are planning on making it as accurate as possible.
Thanks for all the info. Really like the spoiler so It's going to stay

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
In Australia Ford call it a Performance Pack, but don’t think it’s identically specced to yours.
All verts in Oz are Auto.
Shipping, Export Reg’s and Right Hand Drive program mean they’re looking to cut corners and minimise variations.

Not complaining- got my V8 Auto in Lightning Blue. Forever
76642FA6-EE75-4F9A-A4FA-6CDA6775526E.jpeg
454CB882-E1A2-4923-A8AE-62296D3B940C.jpeg
F610E006-7031-4AE6-80C3-AE98416784BE.jpeg
7A567023-30F2-4BFF-ACDD-0CBA89F6788A.jpeg
F4A78CE6-984F-4078-96F2-9FADD6B14931.jpeg
4DF97852-FD24-45B6-8EBB-B0BB55B16E8C.jpeg

OP
OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It's not just Australia, the euro spec GT's are all PP1's too. The major difference that I can see is the export models don't get the two extra gauges above the radio like we do here in the states. Also I remember reading back in 15 when the S-550's came out that the Aussie govt would not allow the factory line lock on the GT's in Aussie land. But from what I understand, all other countries get it except you guys down under.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Really would like those two gauges.

Nanny state forbid line lock here - no problem, I drive like Nanna now.

First new car I bought for 46 years

shpion1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ruby Red GT Conv Prem, PP
Nice to see so many good lucking convertibles! It was hard to find a v8/6spd vert. I test drove one with PP before buying my '17 w/out PP. It wasn't the right color and had a few things that would bug me on a year old car with 5k miles.
is that a spoiler I spot? can you tell me which one it is and post more pics of it from different angles? i'd like to get one for my Ruby CV but can't decide on which one and hard to find pics of them. thanks
Sponsored