Sponsored

Any Convertibles With PP Spoiler?

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
Given one gets $0 credit for the deleted spoiler, how much does a painted one cost?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Vert, 401A, Manual, PP1, MagneRide, AVE, B&O
Thanks. I'll have more pix up this weekend. I ordered the PP spoiler through the dealership and they did the install. Dealership still has some prep to finish up today (including a wash) and I'm picking up tomorrow.
Next on the list is a full front PPF (Xpel) and a 5+ year ceramic to help keep it shiny.
My todo list this weekend includes, Catch Can, Side Markers and a Stubby antenna

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Given one gets $0 credit for the deleted spoiler, how much does a painted one cost?
$750 painted and installed which was $250+ cheaper than all of my local dealerships.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
From Ford? I think around $2k suggested retail and ~$1,400 at discount dealers. So depending on what they go for used, it can make financial sense to NOT delete it when ordering a PP coupe if you don't mind the hassle of finding someone with any same color S550 and no spoiler to swap trunk lids and pay you $x. Of course for convertibles that's not an option.

But when ordering a PP coupe and wanting another spoiler that uses or covers the PP spoiler holes, it would be crazy to order with spoiler delete.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From Ford? I think around $2k suggested retail and ~$1,400 at discount dealers. So depending on what they go for used, it can make financial sense to NOT delete it when ordering a PP coupe if you don't mind the hassle of finding someone with any same color S550 and no spoiler to swap trunk lids and pay you $x. Of course for convertibles that's not an option.

But when ordering a PP coupe and wanting another spoiler that uses or covers the PP spoiler holes, it would be crazy to order with spoiler delete.
I meant on a PP convertible (the topic of this thread?). And I was being a bit sarcastic too, in that Ford doesn't give PP convertible buyers any credit for the forced delete of the PP spoiler, but will happily charge us thousands if we still want one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Brand new freshly painted and install for $750.
https://accessories.ford.com/exterior/spoilers/kit-rear-spoiler-12012.html

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That link isn't for painted. So the $750 could be more or less depending who paints and installs. But its about time they offered them someplace but the parts department. Until recently that was the only source and still over a grand unpainted from the discount dealers:

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spoiler-jr3z6344210ca

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I meant on a PP convertible (the topic of this thread?). And I was being a bit sarcastic too, in that Ford doesn't give PP convertible buyers any credit for the forced delete of the PP spoiler, but will happily charge us thousands if we still want one.
But Ford does a great job filling the holes in the trunk lid when one buys the spoiler delete option. :like:

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I've been seeing, it appears the issue is with the vert radio antenna clearance when opening and closing the trunk. However, a Stubby should fix the issue.
Much thanks for the clarification!! :clap:

I had read that the reason the GT convertibles can't have the PP spoiler, was due to the antenna. I was (wrongly) assuming it was the satellite antenna, being it moved from the roof on the coupes, to the truck lid on the convertibles, and being on the truck lid, the interference was between the satellite antenna and the PP spoiler's center pedestal. Glad that is not true. :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Much thanks for the clarification!! :clap:

I had read that the reason the GT convertibles can't have the PP spoiler, was due to the antenna. I was (wrongly) assuming it was the satellite antenna, being it moved from the roof on the coupes, to the truck lid on the convertibles, and being on the truck lid, the interference was between the satellite antenna and the PP spoiler's center pedestal. Glad that is not true. :fingerscrossed:
The Stubby gives me plenty of clearance. Haven't noticed much difference in quality, though TBH it's been Sirus or MP3 thumb drive.

https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-original-stubby-antenna-for-2015-2019-ford-mustang-convertible/

Sponsored
OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stubby.jpg

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FH01xh8.jpg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is the mounting area on a convertible trunk a much different angle than a coupe? Those pics look like the spoiler is lower at the back than the front.

OP
OP
Buzz

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
7f0eb59b-5641-4c87-8d8a-80abd8b89ae3-jpeg.jpg
AaYabHP.jpg

They all look about the same to me. May be the angle of the camera?

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AaYabHP.jpg

They all look about the same to me. May be the angle of the camera?
What I comes to my attention, is the apparent difference in the gap/space between the leading edge of the downward side flap of the spoiler, and the fender directly below it, as shown in these two pics. It appears to be much larger in the convertible than on the coupe.
Sponsored