Sponsored

BMC GT350 Track Pack spoiler FOR CONVERTIBLES!!!!!!!

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Spoiler warning and help! Speedform

Hi guys,

Looks great from a far /;

Stay away from speedform. Says it fits convertibles but as you can see below, it does not. And if you believe when they say you might have to drill some extra holes, count on 4 more.

So since it’s already on, and it’s been to long to send it back, I need some help to figure out how to close off that gap and I don’t want to harm the paint. It’s about 1/8 inch of a gap.

Any ideas?
BB246346-3D19-44D2-82FB-B5C21A4718D9.jpeg
44961E4F-228D-441A-8758-FE20FBAD0729.jpeg

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
Spoiler warning and help! Speedform

Hi guys,

Looks great from a far /;

Stay away from speedform. Says it fits convertibles but as you can see below, it does not. And if you believe when they say you might have to drill some extra holes, count on 4 more.

So since it’s already on, and it’s been to long to send it back, I need some help to figure out how to close off that gap and I don’t want to harm the paint. It’s about 1/8 inch of a gap.

Any ideas?
BB246346-3D19-44D2-82FB-B5C21A4718D9.jpeg
44961E4F-228D-441A-8758-FE20FBAD0729.jpeg
Doesn't help, but I just had to do a return for this exact reason. I couldn't find a solution and I was afraid to tighten it any further. It was leaking, so I had to remove it and put my oem back on. I'm waiting to get the eBay version for convertibles painted to try again!

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't help, but I just had to do a return for this exact reason. I couldn't find a solution and I was afraid to tighten it any further. It was leaking, so I had to remove it and put my oem back on. I'm waiting to get the eBay version for convertibles painted to try again!
Good luck with your next choice, hope it works out better then the first We made. Let us know how it goes.

Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I sure can
I’ll take it from further away I try my best to make it clearer
The spoiler is basically not touching the trunk in the middle where we have a curvature.

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Decided to pull the trigger on one of these next pay period, pretty excited to get that rinky-dink spoiler that came with the car off there. :)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I sure can
I’ll take it from further away I try my best to make it clearer
The spoiler is basically not touching the trunk in the middle where we have a curvature.
Actually now I'm my bigger displays at my desktop I can see it a little better. Yeah, that's not unlike how my MMD/Foose sat, since it wasn't convertible specific.

[edit]

Oh, while I was looking I see you posted a new photo, right, like I said above, that looks like a Coupe fitment. Anything that's advertised as "fits Coupe and Convertible", generally means it's a coupe design, that sure, will attach to a convertible, but leave some gaps.

FWIW, my MMD wing ultimately didn't bother me, especially on my black car, the gap wasn't really visible. I had a PP car (with that wing), so my 4 holes were drilled specifically for it, and were the only holes, and I sealed those up with Goop on the fasteners.

Here's your photo rotated (I realize your trunk it open, but it's easier to see in this orientation):

FECA56A4-90B4-433C-A7E7-134ED541FF0F.jpeg

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Here's a shot where you can see the gap towards end:

upload_2020-5-16_11-14-21.png

Also the front-to-rear was a little off, but not visibly noticeable, I had to position it slightly more rearward than I think that the design intent.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thanks @MaskedRacerX ya the gap is not my concern, it’s the holes that I did not close off that is.
Lesson learned I guess with the coupe convertible fit :like:

Hope someone here has a solution for my screw up :facepalm:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
thanks @MaskedRacerX ya the gap is not my concern, it’s the holes that I did not close off that is.
Lesson learned I guess with the coupe convertible fit :like:

Hope someone here has a solution for my screw up :facepalm:

If you decide to keep it, I'd just score some kind of rubber plugs to stick in the unused holes. I searched for 1/4" rubber plugs and saw a few flush fit options available through Amazon or mask up, and hit up a hardware store.

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
It was my understanding that a lot of spoilers will fit convertibles, however they would hit the factory antenna. Replacing it with a $10 eBay shorty antenna solves the problem.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It was my understanding that a lot of spoilers will fit convertibles, however they would hit the factory antenna. Replacing it with a $10 eBay shorty antenna solves the problem.
The antenna isn't really an issue, like you said, a shorty, cut the OEM down, remove it, plug it, and some even clear it.

It's the general contour of the trunk lid on the coupe vs. convertible, they aren't the same, it's close, but a coupe wing - especially designs that are supposed to sit flush all the way across the rear, well, don't. The ends don't sit flush, there's a little front-to-rear issue - I'm talking like if a perfect convertible fitment is a 10, they're like a 7-8, many people might not even notice it.
Sponsored