Sponsored

Any 2018+ owners encounter a P0720 error?

whatisgrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hi everyone. New 18' GT350 owner and first post here, wish it was under better circumstances..

With under 4k miles and shortly after picking up the car, I noticed 'see manual' warning pop up on two different occasions when cruising on the hwy then the check engine light comes on. The car is still under warranty so I took it to Ford and they had the car for over a week to diagnose the issue and said they needed to order a new harness for the trans but didn't know how long it would be so I took the car back since they said it was fine to drive. Long story short, a week later... still no word.

Has anyone had this issue before? If so, was it a big fix or something minor and is it actually fine to drive? I've seen a TSB on it for 16/17 years but nothing for 18.
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hi everyone. New 18' GT350 owner and first post here, wish it was under better circumstances..

With under 4k miles and shortly after picking up the car, I noticed 'see manual' warning pop up on two different occasions when cruising on the hwy then the check engine light comes on. The car is still under warranty so I took it to Ford and they had the car for over a week to diagnose the issue and said they needed to order a new harness for the trans but didn't know how long it would be so I took the car back since they said it was fine to drive. Long story short, a week later... still no word.

Has anyone had this issue before? If so, was it a big fix or something minor and is it actually fine to drive? I've seen a TSB on it for 16/17 years but nothing for 18.
Congrats on the first post and welcome to the club. Unfortunately I have zero experience on p0720. Bummer the dealer couldn’t figure it out after a week. Maybe someone with some experience will chime in soon. Best of luck!

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Do you have a different dealership close by? Might be worth getting a second opinion. Also your avatar/profile pic is awesome.

OP
OP
whatisgrip

whatisgrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Do you have a different dealership close by? Might be worth getting a second opinion. Also your avatar/profile pic is awesome.
I'm taking it to another dealership next week. The service advisor I was working with has stopped returning my calls so it might be for the best. And thanks! lol

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Code p0720 means Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction

What repairs can fix the P0720 code?
  1. Replacement of the output speed sensor.
  2. Replacement of the input speed sensor.
  3. Replacement of the wires or connectors.
  4. Drain and refill of the transmission fluid.
  5. Replacement of the PCM.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Could check a couple of the sensors. Unplug/Replug. Remove the battery, wait 30 minutes and then plug the battery back in.

Did you notice anything additional to the see manual and check engine light coming on? Cruise some of the back roads after doing a reset to see if it comes back. If nothing, get on the hwy and see if you can reproduce the code again. If you having issues with the dealership, try a different one. Just remember with holidays and COVID, everything is slightly slower than normal...
Sponsored