Sponsored

Might be too soon, but any 2019 GT350's encounter any issues?

MHdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, Kona Blue w/ White Stripes
Just curious, anyone with a 2019 GT350 encounter any issues yet? I only have 500 miles on mine, but it's been solid so far.
Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
You might be right. With all the production and delivery delays it looks like a lot of the 2019 MY cars are just starting to hit the dealers right about now. My car is solid.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Just curious, anyone with a 2019 GT350 encounter any issues yet? I only have 500 miles on mine, but it's been solid so far.
This is a great thread! Lots of our cars sat for weeks/months in open lots at Flat Rock or in Railroad Auto Distribution Centers before we ever took delivery. Let's be proactive 2019 GT350 owners and call out any mechanical issues (not driver induced) so that we all can benefit! :like:

Sponsored

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
Ive seen two issues on mine, and both are/were really minor.

The 1st one was a problem that has been documented on several sites having to do with Sync always prompting you that it needs a network connection. Every time you started the vehicle this happened, and it is/was really annoying. I downloaded the latest Sync firmware onto a USB flash drive, which went from version 18201, to version 19052, and I haven't seen the issue since.

Don’t flame me on the 2nd one because I realize it’s pretty minor. My outside temp sensor has been way off a few times when it should be stabilized. Example, maybe I’ve been driving for awhile and the car is showing somewhere in the mid-70’s when it’s 90+ outside. It’s not something I watch a lot, so I haven’t determined how often its been happening, but have seen it a few times.

Other than that it’s been an awesome car, and I’ve got a little over a thousand miles on it. I’ve also been checking my oil regularly and haven’t seen any consumption yet.

PS. I can't believe how dusty the picture looks. It was taken right after I got it from the dealer, and the car has had a thorough detailing since then.

XBwJAT7uRmu9jeEDwkXkfQ.jpg

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The seats don’t seem to get as cold as my Raptor. By that I mean I put the seats on cold and barley notice it. In my Raptor after a few minutes I have to turn them down or off because it gets very very cold.

Last edited:

Hamster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
26 whole miles......only issues are a paint defect I found on rear bumper on edge that hits fender (will fix myself), chip in top edge gurney flap (fixed), and sync issue mentioned above. Reason for 26 miles is had to wait to get in shop for PPF, etc. Get back tomorrow.

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
FYI I have the same issue with the network connection. Where do you get the download?
If you haven't already, go to https://owner.ford.com to register your vehicle. From there go to support, and you will see the sync software updates menu. Feel free to PM me if you need any other help or info.
Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 6.46.59 PM.png

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
There seems to be a problem with the easy entry/exit feature not being reliable to have the seat return to the driving position on startup on a lot of MY 2018-2019 Mustangs. If you read the below post I started adding comments on post #33. Mine works only 10% of the time. Not earth shattering but still not as advertised.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/annoyance-easy-entry-exit.112245/

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Concerning the network connection message, you can disable the automatic updates in SETTINGS. That will disable the prompt until the Sync 3 software update is made.
I also have inconsistent connection to my Galaxy Note 8. The phone connects, but ENABLE APPS sometimes toggle off. I have to shut down the car, reboot the phone.....
Last, I have a 'tick' that sounds like it comes from the driver's door. It may just be the panels seating, but I hear a similar 'tick' when I apply pressure to the side rockers. It may be the connections. I only have 450 miles so far so it will be awhile before a dealer visit and it may cure itself.

That said, minor issues for any car (particularly software / technology related). The car feels like a tank, sounds like a beast, runs like a rocket and makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
There seems to be a problem with the easy entry/exit feature not being reliable to have the seat return to the driving position on startup on a lot of MY 2018-2019 Mustangs. If you read the below post I started adding comments on post #33. Mine works only 10% of the time. Not earth shattering but still not as advertised.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/annoyance-easy-entry-exit.112245/
Good point, and I totally forgot about this one. I am pretty tall, so I usually have my seat pretty far back the way it is. I noticed this too, and disabled it, not thinking it was a huge deal.

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
Concerning the network connection message, you can disable the automatic updates in SETTINGS. That will disable the prompt until the Sync 3 software update is made.
I also have inconsistent connection to my Galaxy Note 8. The phone connects, but ENABLE APPS sometimes toggle off. I have to shut down the car, reboot the phone.....
Last, I have a 'tick' that sounds like it comes from the driver's door. It may just be the panels seating, but I hear a similar 'tick' when I apply pressure to the side rockers. It may be the connections. I only have 450 miles so far so it will be awhile before a dealer visit and it may cure itself.

That said, minor issues for any car (particularly software / technology related). The car feels like a tank, sounds like a beast, runs like a rocket and makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.
I knew you could disable it, but that would prevent it from auto-updating itself, which to me seemed like a nice feature to have. With just a little research I found the fix, so hopefully it will stay current without my intervention from this point. As far as connecting to a phone, I have a iPhone XR, and I have never, ever had a single connection problem. It has been completely trouble free.

Regarding your overall impressions with the car: Well stated, and I could not agree with you more.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Good point, and I totally forgot about this one. I am pretty tall, so I usually have my seat pretty far back the way it is. I noticed this as well, and disabled it, not thinking it was a huge deal.
I am 6'5" but like driving a little closer to the pedals and wheel. I do like that the seat moving back to exit. It kind of drives me crazy that the seat does not move forward when starting as advertised.

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
I am 6'5" but like driving a little closer to the pedals and wheel. I do like that the seat moving back to exit. It kind of drives me crazy that the seat does not move forward when starting as advertised.
I'm 6'2", but I like being a little further away from the pedals. That said, I completely understand why it drives you crazy, and what is weird is that it behaves correctly some of the time. As I was noticing it not work correctly, I kind of felt that it was tied to the fact this car is manual with a clutch, so it didn't always know how to act.
Sponsored

Last edited: