NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
While I agree that truck prices have gone up substantially, the difference between the 20 grand and 28 could be summarized in all the extra fuel efficiency, safety, less maintenance. The list goes on and on. Simply factoring in inflation just says today’s dollars for the same thing like a gallon of milk. The milk is the same as it was 30 years ago. The car has changed a million times over.
First, that $8K price increase is around 31%, that's a massive price increase.

And a lot of people don't want a lot of the extras that have pushed prices up. They don't want 6 airbags, 2 will do. They don't want SYNC2/4, just an AM/FM radio. They don't want 18 way power seats with heating and cooling, a simple manual seat, or hell.....even a BENCH seat will do. They don't want power windows, locks, etc. And some are fine with a manual trans.

There's tons that could be taken out of an F150.

The longevity and reliability shouldn't cost anything.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I want:

TRUE mid-size/compact body
Standard cab (no backseat damn it!)
Ladder frame chassis
4X4
5.5-6 ft. bed (just big enough to fit standard construction plywood)
4-cyl diesel
Basic bitch interior (bonus if I can safely hose it out)

It's a truck. I want a truck. Not a luxury car or an "SUV". I'm getting in it with muddy boots, not dress shoes. I'm taking it to Home Depot and hiking, not to the mall and soccer practice. Give me a god damn truck!
You forgot one thing;

1601644233739.png

Or a ceiling rack;

1601644323499.png

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Dearborn sure is far removed from the reality of what customers actually want. Or to put it another way, they simply offer too many packages and not enough singular options.

On a GT, 301A should be the base. Be the same price as the 300A. But it should also have manual HVAC controls, as I for one prefer that to automated climate controls. That's where the Mustang price/value line should be starting. The price for the PP1 is a joke now, and their $1,100.00 shipping is also a joke.

This will probably be my last Mustang, they're just getting too expensive for what you get, when you factor in inflation. Ford is simply getting too greedy.

That is because nobody wants to become GM again... with so many different parts and different divisions, etc. BMW was neat & clean and their portfolio was simple... they Americanized and now have brands I can't remember, or even care about... and everything is homoginozed.

Then... you have American companies downsizing and simplifying the product line and hitting back. Ford is over-simplified now.... and if you strickly buy Ford, then you'll want to differentiate yourself, or more custom to your needs... than base trim.

Ford (at many plants) where (automation) was not built with "placing orders" in mind... 20 Years ago, Ford just stocked the lots... and you went and bought!

But MEN & "sportscars" are more decerning and the s550 brought in more "Refined" buyer. Typically use to placing orders..... like other brands ( aka BMW M, etc). As such, Ford has been overhwhelmed with Customer orders since the s550 launched... and could never actually meet them. Thay is why you see more including /encompassing packages. with even higher-priced stand alon options.... some deserving.

My take is.... it's a philly and how you saddle her up and for where is up to you. But expect to pay more when everyone else is riding a donkey.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The cheapest 2020 F150 starts at $28,745.00 today.
My neck of the woods start at around 36K, then skyrockets into the 6 figure territory when optioned out.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
What is this, amateur hour? You need one of these:

glock-33-tlr-6-mounted-holster-3-39400.1492704417.jpg
Pfffttt......pistol......

Gotta strap my AR15 to the ceiling in my Mustang somehow.

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
First, that $8K price increase is around 31%, that's a massive price increase.

And a lot of people don't want a lot of the extras that have pushed prices up. They don't want 6 airbags, 2 will do. They don't want SYNC2/4, just an AM/FM radio. They don't want 18 way power seats with heating and cooling, a simple manual seat, or hell.....even a BENCH seat will do. They don't want power windows, locks, etc. And some are fine with a manual trans.

There's tons that could be taken out of an F150.

The longevity and reliability shouldn't cost anything.

the airbags/ more efficient engine are all govt mandated. you cant simply say i want 2 airbags and they build it that way. go get a 100a xl, still crank windows manual door locks ,vinyl floors and seats, still basic am/fm manual seats. but thats what 28 grand buys you.
that 31% more expensive i am willing to bet is at minimum 31% more reliable, better mpg, safer in a crash, more stable at speed, etc...
now if the base model was lets say 40 grand i would agree thats a bit excessive but a 31% increase for over 30 years of innovation seems like a good deal to me.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I think a base Ranger SC is a decent value. They can be had in the 23-24 range and still have all of the modern electronics most people want for phone connectivity, etc. Plus a 6 ft bed, will fit in a normal garage, 300HP, decent towing capacity, etc. Then get a cold weather package that will have heated seats, bigger battery, rear defroster for a few hundred dollars. I think PW/DL are standard.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Dearborn sure is far removed from the reality of what customers actually want. Or to put it another way, they simply offer too many packages and not enough singular options.

On a GT, 301A should be the base. Be the same price as the 300A. But it should also have manual HVAC controls, as I for one prefer that to automated climate controls. That's where the Mustang price/value line should be starting. The price for the PP1 is a joke now, and their $1,100.00 shipping is also a joke.

This will probably be my last Mustang, they're just getting too expensive for what you get, when you factor in inflation. Ford is simply getting too greedy.
I really like the 300A radio/climate unit. It looks outdated but its not distracting and everything is tactile. I do think its silly drive modes aren't standard though.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This is why I own a 1999 F250. Rubber floor mat (no carpet), manual wind up windows, cassette player - it doesn't even have cruise. It's old and more than a little junky, but it does what I need it to. And it's been dirt cheap to own. 240,000 miles. Works fine. Doesn't burn or leak oil. New pickups look good, but I'm not that interested. Especially for how much I drive it. I probably put less than 1,000 miles a year on it.

But an awful lot of people buy those new pickups. I see more pickups at the local dealer than anything else. They might have 1 Mustang and 50 F-150s. I guess my taste is just unusual.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I own a 1999 F250. Rubber floor mat (no carpet), manual wind up windows, cassette player - it doesn't even have cruise. It's old and more than a little junky, but it does what I need it to. And it's been dirt cheap to own. 240,000 miles. Works fine. Doesn't burn or leak oil. New pickups look good, but I'm not that interested. Especially for how much I drive it. I probably put less than 1,000 miles a year on it.

But an awful lot of people buy those new pickups. I see more pickups at the local dealer than anything else. They might have 1 Mustang and 50 F-150s. I guess my taste is just unusual.
When fuel drops, everyone buys trucks, price goes up everyone wants to sell.

don’t understand people wanting trucks as a dd not using it to haul Or anything just grocery getter
Sponsored