Sponsored

Another Granger Ford Testimonial

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
TL;DR: Buy from Granger and buy a spare tire.

This is a long post, but if you're considering Granger, just do it. I just recently took delivery of my Mach 1 from @Jay at Granger and I wanted to share my experience. I reached out to @Zach@Granger after seeing his post about Build and Pricing Mustangs. His transparent, no-haggle pricing appealed to me, so i requested a quote from him. The build sheet with itemized pricing was $6000 above my local dealers, so i placed an order, along with my $1000 deposit on 4/29.

If you've been under a rock this year, you may not know that Ford has been struggling with chip shortages, but they've prioritized customer orders over stock orders. Zach was very responsive when i had the usual "is Ford still going to build it", "why did it go to Kansas City from Flat Rock to get to Iowa" and "do i get my deposit back if Ford can't build" questions. Truly a down-to-earth guy!

As my build date approached, @Jay at Granger reached out to me to discuss some aftermarket goodies (PPF, CC, double H pipe) that I'd been interested in. He was very patient and responsive during my "swap to HP spoiler, don't swap to HP spoiler" "single H pipe, double H pipe, or just put Triple H in the trunk to growl at people" indecisiveness i was going through.

Jay got all of my aftermarket installed, including pushing the detail shop to redo my hood film due to some tool marks left in the film, and to not be late with getting it ready (i had a very tight travel window). I also had an aftermarket spare tire kit shipped to the dealership (more on this after the review).

I called Jay 2 days before my flight to confirm all was well, and he said that it was great and that the double H pipe sounded nuts (his words :crackup:). I arrived at the airport in Des Moines and Jay met us within 15 minutes of our arrival. After lunch, it was time to see THE CAR! Of course, the car was in perfect condition, the detail shop did a great job on the PPF and CC. During the test drive of the car, i agreed the Corsa HH pipe was the best sounding exhaust I'd ever had (sorry, Triple HHH not happening).

After the test drive, it was time for the finance part of the paperwork, and this is where i want to be perfectly clear. The amount quoted to me (2% below invoice) in my deal sheet in April, plus the agreed amount for installing the aftermarket goodies, was the exact dollar amount i paid. No surprise markups at the 9th inning as some might suggest would happen.

During the finance part, i was offered the road hazard warranty (more on this after the review), which i purchased, and started my 700 mile journey back to home.

Thank you, @Jay at Granger and @Zach@Granger , for a perfect, transparent car purchase with a personal touch, even more so when supply is limited, demand is high, and relationships are highly superficial these days.

Now, about the spare kit from Automotive Authority. The Mustangs don't come with a spare tire, and Ford doesn't even offer a spare as an option for PP/Mach 1 cars. The repair slime and compressors have a very small likelihood of actually providing a roadside repair. I've always had a spare, and this time was no different. i ordered a kit from Automotive Authority, and had it shipped to the dealership. Roughly around mile 670 of my 700 mile trip, i ran over something, and the pressure in my tire dropped from 40 PSI to 24 in 15 seconds, and down to 15 PSI in under a minute. i got pulled over and found what i can only describe as an air tool chuck or something hollow. Fix a flat wasn't going to work on this. In 15 minutes, i had the new spare on and was rolling again, albeit at 50 MPH and with interesting torque steer.

Almost positive the tire was going to need to be replaced, i called the road hazard warranty people (remember them?), and told them what happened. He said they didn't have my contract yet, but if it was urgent to take the tire to the shop, and they would determine repair or replace, and they could just reimburse me when the contract arrived. Sorry for the long post (virtual potato).

IMG-2642.JPG

IMG-2653.JPG

IMG-2654.JPG
Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
That sucks!! But have a spare tire ready is Awesome.I’m going to buy it as soon as I get my Mach 1 .