Sponsored

How are dealers (Granger, Chapman) offering deals under invoice?

reednatron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Superduty
it would be helpful if you also stated the MSRP and removed tax/fees from your datapoint.

The local (chevy) dealer near me is despite the extremely tight supply advertising SS/1LE for a flat 10% off MSRP. Other local chevy dealers not even 15 miles away are asking $3500-5000 ADM for the same car. The disparity is just amazing.
MSRP was
it would be helpful if you also stated the MSRP and removed tax/fees from your datapoint.

The local (chevy) dealer near me is despite the extremely tight supply advertising SS/1LE for a flat 10% off MSRP. Other local chevy dealers not even 15 miles away are asking $3500-5000 ADM for the same car. The disparity is just amazing.
Basically, my local dealer matched Granger’s price. They were 7ish% under sticker. Local dealer was $400 more in fees though.
Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack

What Chevy dealer is that ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Koons Tysons Dodge is doing 5% below Invoice for factory orders of all SCT vehicles.
Point being dealer margin is trivially 5% and likely a whole lot closer to 10 and possibly more. Dealer cost of run-of-the-mill products is no less than 30% below MSRP and often closer to 45.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Apart from the price, here's what I'll say.

I'd rather pay Granger $1k more to have strong communication through out my buying experience, setting the right expectations, build a strong relationship so that if something bad happens we are there for each other.

I remember I went to buy a Mazda for a friend and the amount of nonsensical bullshit we had to go through to get the right price and then still overpaid (obviously).

I'll overpay Granger to never see a dealers face in real life. Thank you very much.

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
Apart from the price, here's what I'll say.

I'd rather pay Granger $1k more to have strong communication through out my buying experience, setting the right expectations, build a strong relationship so that if something bad happens we are there for each other.

I remember I went to buy a Mazda for a friend and the amount of nonsensical bullshit we had to go through to get the right price and then still overpaid (obviously).

I'll overpay Granger to never see a dealers face in real life. Thank you very much.
I did the stay home and made a trip to the local Ford dealer. I sat down with a salesman and did the I am interested in buying a 2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1. The 1st words out of his mouth was wow I have never sold a Mach 1 and you could see both glee because of the price tag and the clueless expression on his face. So he goes thru the base price and options and the MSRP was $68,500. With taxes, dealer fees and various other fees, I was looking at $76,000. I recall working with a guy who was a Mustang fanatic and he said goto Mustang6g and look up Granger Motors and the rest is history.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So he goes thru the base price and options and the MSRP was $68,500. With taxes, dealer fees and various other fees, I was looking at $76,000.
and I'm hoping Granger buys out the Caddy dealership in his town and for that same $68k (well, less at 2-4% below invoice) I can have a CT4V-blackwing.
Sponsored