Sponsored

Another false knock thread, could it be this?

OP
OP
Ruiner46

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
I can say I had a tune that did this. Stabs of the throttle and instant positive kr reading. Rolling on the throttle a tad before stabbing it reduced the occurrence. Could even get it in neutral blipping the throttle. Some say too aggressive "throttle tip in". Idk, but I went to a different tuner and it cleared that up.
Do you mind stating who your tuner was who cleared it up? I was initially suspecting the tune as well since I just started using a tuner. Previously, I was running a self modified Whipple tune. The first drives with the new fuel system and headers were on my own tune and I don't remember having a knock issue, but then again I was only really driving it around to check for leaks and things like that. My current tuner has only offered to turn off the knock sensors and wasn't willing to do much work other than that. He thinks that it is a mechanical problem on my end. I'm not comfortable with having the knock sensors turned off, but I have been considering it for the E85 tune. I would not turn them off with my 91 octane tune.
Sponsored

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Do you mind stating who your tuner was who cleared it up? I was initially suspecting the tune as well since I just started using a tuner. Previously, I was running a self modified Whipple tune. The first drives with the new fuel system and headers were on my own tune and I don't remember having a knock issue, but then again I was only really driving it around to check for leaks and things like that. My current tuner has only offered to turn off the knock sensors and wasn't willing to do much work other than that. He thinks that it is a mechanical problem on my end. I'm not comfortable with having the knock sensors turned off, but I have been considering it for the E85 tune. I would not turn them off with my 91 octane tune.
currently running pbd. they didnt do anything to the knock sensors, but i can tell theres a different logic. previous tune would show max -4 KR, current tune will show max -10 KR. im just fbo btw

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
currently running pbd. they didnt do anything to the knock sensors, but i can tell theres a different logic. previous tune would show max -4 KR, current tune will show max -10 KR. im just fbo btw
-6 difference eh ? Lol. PBD lowered the KR sensitivity.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I'll just post my experience. I developed false knock out of nowhere. 2 summers with the same setup and then I took it out after another long winter and all of a sudden was getting crazy false knock. The tuner and I confirmed it was false and I trouble shooted as much as I could. Checked everything I could think of, even removed the blower. I eventually returned the car back to stock and traded on a 21 10R car and upon removing the longtubes I discovered that the passenger motor mount had become extremely loose. Bolts backed right off and that was most likely the false knock issue.

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'll just post my experience. I developed false knock out of nowhere. 2 summers with the same setup and then I took it out after another long winter and all of a sudden was getting crazy false knock. The tuner and I confirmed it was false and I trouble shooted as much as I could. Checked everything I could think of, even removed the blower. I eventually returned the car back to stock and traded on a 21 10R car and upon removing the longtubes I discovered that the passenger motor mount had become extremely loose. Bolts backed right off and that was most likely the false knock issue.
i need to check that. not sure how im going to get to that nut at the top bc part of the header covers it. someone said a crow foot

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
i need to check that. not sure how im going to get to that nut at the top bc part of the header covers it. someone said a crow foot
I usually have to access them from the bottom since I've done headers but its easy.

OP
OP
Ruiner46

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
Update on my situation... I tried the band clamps on the headers with no success. Then I swapped the tune back to my own modified whipple tune with some changes I made for the fuel system, E85, and headers. Knock is gone. It was definitely in the tune. My tuner wasn't very helpful and I'm regretting even giving him money and buying an RTD+.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Update on my situation... I tried the band clamps on the headers with no success. Then I swapped the tune back to my own modified whipple tune with some changes I made for the fuel system, E85, and headers. Knock is gone. It was definitely in the tune. My tuner wasn't very helpful and I'm regretting even giving him money and buying an RTD+.
I wonder how the tune could effect that? Maybe the sensitivity settings are incorrect compared to the whipple tune?

OP
OP
Ruiner46

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
I did notice some differences between my stock tune and the whipple tune with regards to knock sensor settings. I have no idea what my tuner was using...
Sponsored