Sponsored

Another Exhaust Thread

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not to change topic, but is the awe touring really as loud as the Corsa xtreme? I have the touring and I thought it was noticeably quieter. I’ve never had the corsa extreme but I’ve heard cars with them and it’s ridiculous
Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've had both and the axleback section of the AWE touring is indeed louder. That with an X pipe was the loudest exhaust I've had (louder than Xtreme, ATAK). With the bottle resonators that AWE also has in their catback, it brings it down to just a little quieter than the Xtreme, but not much.
Gotcha. I know you’re not using AWE’s mid pipe but I have the entire car back so that’s why mine is quieter. The sound of the awe is like no other. Great exhaust

MxChamp24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Mustang GT, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
I've had both and the axleback section of the AWE touring is indeed louder. That with an X pipe was the loudest exhaust I've had (louder than Xtreme, ATAK). With the bottle resonators that AWE also has in their catback, it brings it down to just a little quieter than the Xtreme, but not much.
Were any of the systems you had too loud at any points? Thinking of grabbing the Corsa Xtreme Catback system, but have been worried that I won't be able to keep it quite as quiet as I want at some point like early in the morning

MxChamp24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
If you're worried, don't get the Xtreme. It is not a system for early morning people who care about others. The Sport catback is an amazing sound that is very livable and DD-able and does not disappoint on volume when opened up.
Car came with either Corsa Sport or Touring axle-backs that were installed up in Michigan. Haven't had time to figure what exactly they are as the car has been in the shop waiting on a part. I'm not "too" worried about other people, I just have a giant hill to go up the second I pull out of my driveway and I kind of like my neighbors. Aside from that, I love love love loud exhausts. It would obviously be a DD though but I have heard plenty of people say you can keep it tame when you need to be. Lots to think about here

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Were any of the systems you had too loud at any points? Thinking of grabbing the Corsa Xtreme Catback system, but have been worried that I won't be able to keep it quite as quiet as I want at some point like early in the morning
If ever considering going long tubes stick with the Sport. The Xtremes change tone and become too trumpety with them. But on stock sound great.

Sponsored

MxChamp24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
If ever considering going long tubes stick with the Sport. The Xtremes change tone and become too trumpety with them. But on stock sound great.
Yeah no plans to go longtubes ever. Just want to slap on a new system and be set.
You can keep the xtreme somewhat tame under very light acceleration and low rpm. The cold start is very loud though, no getting around it. I absolutely love the sound of the Xtreme...its unmatched at high rpm.
No worries on the cold start as my house is fairly* far away from others up here in the woods and i'm right next to an elementary school with plenty of busses making ungodly noises in the morning. Also i'm in a garage which always helps. I have no plans on going longtubes and pretty much want a quality system that I can use for my duration with the car and I think Xtremes are it for me. If tame means under 3000RPM I should have no problem early morning

MxChamp24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
The video is clickbait but the audio representation is on point:

Amazing sound, and I remember checking this video out when I was looking around for exhausts. Love the sound, I think i'll have to give it a shot cause I can't live without at least hearing it for myself on my own vehicle

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
So I tried to purchase mbrp street catback but they are on back order and what are other options are out there?
I want 3 in catback since im boosted and I do not want loud exhaust as well

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I can't recommend AWE enough. It is very loud when you want but it can stay sort of tame when low throttle. It has a very clean muscular sound not raspy like some other "loud" systems and it avoids that muddy glass pack sound. I have headers about to go on so hopefully it stays that way. If not I'll put a couple small resonators in.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Krona.

Perfect fitment, 304 stainless, comes with the factory connector pipes as individual pieces so when you decide to go full 3" you don't have to cut it up buy something different. Sound is awesome. Deep, smooth, and a really unique tone.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I can't recommend AWE enough. It is very loud when you want but it can stay sort of tame when low throttle. It has a very clean muscular sound not raspy like some other "loud" systems and it avoids that muddy glass pack sound. I have headers about to go on so hopefully it stays that way. If not I'll put a couple small resonators in.
Agreed AWE is high quality and sounds great. If you need you can throw a couple Vibrant 1794s on there. 3" in and out. But with H and resonators it comes with may not be necessary depending on preference. The Touring is pretty rowdy on long tubes but still excellent tone.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Agreed AWE is high quality and sounds great. If you need you can throw a couple Vibrant 1794s on there. 3" in and out. But with H and resonators it comes with may not be necessary depending on preference. The Touring is pretty rowdy on long tubes but still excellent tone.
I will not mind more volume but I want to keep the tone nice and rasp free.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I will not mind more volume but I want to keep the tone nice and rasp free.
I used those Vibrants on my ARH to Corsa Xtreme setup. Toned down the trumpety tone and the rasp. Cut them off when I cut off the Xtreme mufflers and added the AWE Touring to the Corsa double x. Found the lower rpms had much more character and the tone was great. Still screamed up top. I bet the H and resonators keep rasp down some, but adding the long tubes will definitely bring it out. Keeping the cats will help some too.

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
There will be a TON of people posting up the Corsa HH setup soon. Can't wait to hear them. It sounds great in person.
Looking forward to hearing these. Corsa extreme with double H pipe and AWE Touring are the only two i would consider.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Pipes H or X Box. Listen to some clips. It’s not a glorious brand but those systems are 3” and have a great tone.. especially the X Box. Price point is lower than the rest.

I have the H Bomb catback and it’s f’ing rowdy.
Sponsored