Sponsored

Another Exhaust Suggestion Thread: Low Tone and No Drone

MustangCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I have solo performance axle back on mine w/ a steeda x pipe and have no drone.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for Magnaflow here. The competition axle back on an otherwise stock system was probably the nicest sound I’ve had on my car. I’ve had quite a few combos under it since then but none of them sounded as nice to my ears.

OP
OP
Phoenix

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
so i was looking around and i found the RTR Street (not competition). its pretty much exactly what im looking for.

i was also looking at the SLP LM2 but i was worried by the name.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
There's a reason the axlebacks that cost $800-1000 cost that much. That's all I'll say after trying to get there on the cheap and seeing many go through the same process.

If you want no drone and deep, S type, AWE touring, ARH are all good options. The ATAK also doesn't drone at all, and wouldn't be too loud with the resonator or a resonated mid pipe (X or H) in place.
I wish Borla offered ATAK axle backs on the 18+. Unless I'm just missing something

is the FP by Borla Extreme the equivalent of ATAK axle back

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
You might look at Magnaflow. They have one of the deeper exhaust notes.
Another vote for Magnaflow here. The competition axle back on an otherwise stock system was probably the nicest sound I’ve had on my car. I’ve had quite a few combos under it since then but none of them sounded as nice to my ears.
Thanks for the mentions, guys! For anyone that was interested, you can find all of our axleback systems for the 15-17 GTs and pricing here on our website:

Competition (polished) - https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...-back-performance-exhaust-system?aces=9009420

Competition (black) - https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...-back-performance-exhaust-system?aces=9009422

Race (polished) - https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...-back-performance-exhaust-system?aces=9009424

Feel free to shoot us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905 anytime if you have questions!

Sponsored

2017ArizonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
OP,
I have the RTR street spec and love it. I will soon be installing the Magnaflow resonated x-pipe too, but the RTR street with the stock resonator is smooth, droanless, and a nice deep civilized tone.
Kevin

OP
OP
Phoenix

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
OP,
I have the RTR street spec and love it. I will soon be installing the Magnaflow resonated x-pipe too, but the RTR street with the stock resonator is smooth, droanless, and a nice deep civilized tone.
Kevin
thank you! im holding off on exhaust for now. in the spring we will see what the world holds for this car.

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
You might look at Magnaflow. They have one of the deeper exhaust notes.

+1

I have a magnaflow comp axle back and added an H-Pipe last year.

I haven't heard an S550 on the road yet that sounds as deep.

Many, many compliments on tone.
Sponsored