Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Couldnt find a thread or anything after 2017,
but has anyone tried and compared Android auto to the factory system,

I havent worked out how to use it but the manual says I have to plug it into the USB port, surely it can be done via bluetooth

im still just learning how to use the factory GPS, but im having troubles getting addresses to come up, either they dont recognise my voice well or it seems if I mention the next suburb of the street, it brings up totally random suggestions
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Android auto over Bluetooth is reserved for luxury cars only, apparently. The Mustang implementation doesn't support it. For that reason alone I rarely used it. I prefer just having audio announcements over Bluetooth as to where to turn and such.

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
I really like using google maps so I use android auto every time I drive. I did notice that my phone doesn't really charge when using it though. Not sure why.

It works flawlessly in my Toyota daily.

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Android auto over Bluetooth is reserved for luxury cars only, apparently. The Mustang implementation doesn't support it. For that reason alone I rarely used it. I prefer just having audio announcements over Bluetooth as to where to turn and such.
oh so that means you physically need to plug it in each time? into usb port in your centre console?

I really like using google maps so I use android auto every time I drive. I did notice that my phone doesn't really charge when using it though. Not sure why.

It works flawlessly in my Toyota daily.
am looking to get an elderly relative onto android auto, hopefully it works in their car , and i hope they dont need to plug it in eachtime

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
oh so that means you physically need to plug it in each time? into usb port in your centre console?

am looking to get an elderly relative onto android auto, hopefully it works in their car , and i hope they dont need to plug it in eachtime
You have to use the usb lead in the Mustang for that. The port near the cigi lighter will work.
If you can wait until 2023 the Mustang head unit will be an Android based operating system and you won't need the lead.

Sponsored

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
You have to use the usb lead in the Mustang for that. The port near the cigi lighter will work.
If you can wait until 2023 the Mustang head unit will be an Android based operating system and you won't need the lead.
I have my dishwasher in there but with a spare usb port

I'll need to try android auto and see if its worth the cable
Thank you

Gerry_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Fastback - Antimatter Blue, 10sp
My Mustang is the first car I've had with Android Auto and I think it's great. Yes, I wish it worked over Bluetooth but I plug the phone in and go, and it doesn't bother me.
The voice recognition in the Google assistant is near perfect when asking for an address or requesting a song.
I also have a VF Calais with MyLink and to say that system is disappointing is an understatement. The Sync/Android in the mustang is a huge improvement over that system.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Don’t use mine often but seems to work well when I do. It’s also handy for heading to new subdivisions that aren’t in the factory nav, whereas Google Maps is updated regularly.
Sponsored