Sponsored

Wireless Adapters for Android Auto (Carplay)

OP
OP
DRU842

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Sorry, I posted in the Infotainment chat. Works like a dream. Set-up was easy and connection time is great. No noticeable lag that I can see.
Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Would like an Apple version of this.

h3rdus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2022.25 Fastback GT 10SPD
How did you go, DRU842? Is it all working well?
Love to hear as well. Got my delivery as well, just no car... :( @Nel66 is yours installed inside the middle? Or is it attached to the front USB ports?

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Toyota - Soon to be Mustang GT Convertible
I connected mine to the front USB port. It just sits near the gear shift and doesn't move around at all.

The cable itself is short and affixed permantly to the box.
20221031_185547.jpg

Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
The cable itself is short and affixed permantly to the box.
That is the biggest advantage of AAwireless and CarlinKit, the cable is not permanently attached.
You find a suitable cable on Amazon, take double-sided tape, and the thing is hidden in the center console.
1667207887863.png

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Toyota - Soon to be Mustang GT Convertible
Yep, true. I was thinking of getting a USB extension cord to hide mine.

OP
OP
DRU842

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Mines running from the centre consol. I haven't 'fixed' it yet with the tape and may not bother.

h3rdus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2022.25 Fastback GT 10SPD
Mines running from the centre consol. I haven't 'fixed' it yet with the tape and may not bother.
@DRU842 - finally got around to this. Do you mind asking which phone you use? Do you happen to have any issues with disconnects? Direct cable hasn't had any disconnects, but I'm not 100% sure if it's the hot weather that's causing the disconnects on the Motorola, or if it's the phone - just randomly disconnects and at some stage connects again. Could also be Samsung phone - heard many horror stories with Android Auto (hopefully the next version fixes a lot of the issues)

OP
OP
DRU842

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Running the Pixel 6 Pro with no drop out issues, except for the Waze thread that's in the electronics section. Not related the the Motorola though.

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I just got an Ottocast U2-X off Amazon for ~$130. Works great in Mach 1, though initial setup was a bit finicky (had to do a firmware update on the Ottocast and uninstall and reinstall Android Auto). It works with Carplay too. The convenience of just jumping in the car without having to plug in the phone is great and connects very quickly.
I put an Ottocast in a week ago and it works great. I had no luck with CarLinkit. What prompted me to order the Ottocast was the claim that it works out of the box without any need to update or load anything. I plugged it in paired it and it was up and running. Takes maybe 20 seconds to come up but otherwise works as well as the wired connection.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
I put an Ottocast in a week ago and it works great. I had no luck with CarLinkit. What prompted me to order the Ottocast was the claim that it works out of the box without any need to update or load anything. I plugged it in paired it and it was up and running. Takes maybe 20 seconds to come up but otherwise works as well as the wired connection.
Is there any noticeable lag with the Ottocast? Which model did you get?
I have an iPhone, so looking at my options.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Is there any noticeable lag with the Ottocast? Which model did you get?
I have an iPhone, so looking at my options.
I bought the Ottocast U2 Air 2022 model. I have not noticed any lag at all. It seems to respond to inputs as well as when plugged in. Except for the connect time which I think is fairly typical it works very well so far. It’s only been a few days but I don’t regret it. My first try with CarPlay 2 Air was a total fail and I’ve held off on a second attempt at wireless but this seems to be a pretty good choice.
Sponsored