Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
after the crap OEM one I saw
Actually, I was moderately impressed with the vent, Tom. Very easy to maintain and looks good, IMHO. But CF would look better and I'm pretty sure Jamie is correct about it being an FP part only. IIR, that's what AC said way back when they had the show.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Actually, I was moderately impressed with the vent, Tom. Very easy to maintain and looks good, IMHO. But CF would look better and I'm pretty sure Jamie is correct about it being an FP part only. IIR, that's what AC said way back when they had the show.
It looked weak and fragile. I was originally thinking of keeping the OEM, but after my first hand up close and personal look at it, I would seriously consider the AC replacement

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
It looked weak and fragile. I was originally thinking of keeping the OEM, but after my first hand up close and personal look at it, I would seriously consider the AC replacement
Are you saying the stock hood vent is weak, and fragile? I would have to disagree, its a very well engineered piece, and very stout in my opinion.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Are you saying the stock hood vent is weak, and fragile? I would have to disagree, its a very well engineered piece, and very stout in my opinion.
The one I saw did. Let's wait and see about the one that comes on mine next year (if at all)

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The one I saw did. Let's wait and see about the one that comes on mine next year (if at all)
I can appreciate your wording due to your situation, but it will be there soon. I for one am excited for that day. Don't know about you, haha.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
She'll be there before you know it, dude...just a little more time.
Its paid for. I plopped a lot of Benjamin's down on the table. I have a registration and my plate has been transferred to a car that doesn't exist (yet). It better be coming.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
IMO the vent isn't "flimsy" per say, but it does look a little plasticky.

I'll be one of the first to order the CF piece, need something to match the dash or else it's a little out of place, as nice as it is compared to the stock plastic piece.

Side note: you guys know the CF dash is available on regular GTs too, combined with a carbon shift knob? I had no idea til I checked the builder on the website, never seen one actually optioned with it.

Sponsored

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
IMO the vent isn't "flimsy" per say, but it does look a little plasticky.

I'll be one of the first to order the CF piece, need something to match the dash or else it's a little out of place, as nice as it is compared to the stock plastic piece.

Side note: you guys know the CF dash is available on regular GTs too, combined with a carbon shift knob? I had no idea til I checked the builder on the website, never seen one actually optioned with it.
I didn't worry about the carbon dash. the standard one in my GT350 was perfectly fine by me. IF i remember correctly (ordered over a year ago) the carbon dash was $1000. Definitely not worth it to me. If it saved considerable wright then yes I would do it. I ordered a pretty base car to try and have the lightest one. Would GPS be nice? Yes but I didn't want all the random stuff in that package that added weight.

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
So would FP or Anderson be the venue to follow for news relating to the vent's release date?
Is @Anderson Composites the official account for AC? I feel like they should be responding to their potential customers here. Signature Wheels has established a strong precedence of engagement and AC should follow suit.

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Doc: Who knows, perhaps they already have more orders than they can handle?
That would be a great problem for them to have, especially during these times.

Hopefully we will hear an update when we can get our hands on more of their products, and if the heat extractor is under development.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Oh, it's been developed, Doc and I'm guessing they've organized their fabrication according to margin. Obviously, the hood and other large pieces will bring in more profit. Plus, that vent is pretty complicated from a fab perspective, especially CF fab.

Hopefully, we'll be able to order it before too long.
Sponsored