AM RADIO PROBLEMS

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Have a 2018 GT 5.0 10sp auto . 19K on the clock . Over a year ago an IDIOT backed into rear bumper and left exhaust pipe 4dual outlet type on each side per normal.
Been a yr. since I had INSURANVCE PUT NEW FOMOCO rear cover and replace lt. muffler as exhaust tips are welded to muffler.. MY AM radio has gradually been getting more static . I listen to TALK RADIO A LOT .. Ok {I'M OLD } .. Was told there is a module "BEHIND REAR BUMPER COVER ON LT SIDE . EXACTLY WHERE GUY HIT ME . Called Ford Service and they laughed at idea of Radio antena in rear bumper . HAHA . After research he called and said could not believe it {BUT THERE IS A MODULE OF SORT BEHIND COVER ON LT SIDE . It could have been damaged in the Bumper accident . and gradually gotten worse in the last year since it happened .
ANYONE KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS ?? FM is fine , Don't have all the fancy stuff . Rather have more performance options than Radio Upgrades to spend my $$ on .
Now gotta fight INS Co. to prove it was result of minor incident over a yr. ago . Any comments appreciated and yes I misspelled ANTENA .Ok ?? So save the GRAMMAR COMMENTS PLEASE ...Thankyou . Junqdawg ..Texas
Sponsored

OP
OP

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Sorry if I upset your sensitive personality.. Just looking for helpful info , Not Cute REMARKS .
Excuse the thread ....Junqdawg

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
reading this was one hell of an adventure.
I'm still riding the adventure trying to figure out why this thread popped up in the FI section???

And to the OP... no clue about the AM antenna location. Sorry bruh.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Don't know about the { FI } section you are speaking of ? All I did was click {FORUM} and Post Thread option and wrote my question . If I screwed up ,SORRY . But at least , Thank You for the kind reply . Junqdawg

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My AM radio reception sucks and my car has never been hit in the rear. Some asswipe hit my front fender in a parking lot but reception problems were from before.

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
@Zrussian13 meant that it is somehow in the forced induction section.

I did find this thread about AM radio reception

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/am-radio-reception.154328/

Could be some info in that on what is located where.

HA I just noticed you had already posted in that thread. I should read more next time.

Wonder if you just have a frayed wire near the module that is slowly getting worse.

OP
OP

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Much....I will check it out ..... Appreciate the reply and still don't know how my question got in wrong place . 1st mistake I ever made ,besides getting married ....

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Right there with you on the getting married ! On a different note, get with your ins agent asap. I believe we have a (an ?) 18 mo grace period after an initial claim is settled that will cover an issue such as this. Happy hunting .............

OP
OP

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Right there with you on the getting married ! On a different note, get with your ins agent asap. I believe we have a (an ?) 18 mo grace period after an initial claim is settled that will cover an issue such as this. Happy hunting .............

OP
OP

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
Thankyou very much .. That's what this whole THING is all about . Helpful answers from great folks . You are a fine example .
Junqdawg

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I'm sure each ins carrier in our state is different. That is why it is imperative to get with your agent asap and get this resolved. before the clock runs out.
Sponsored