Sponsored

AM RADIO Reception ?

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm aging myself here but yes, I listen to AM radio.
Ive searched the forums and didn't find anything on the topic.

I cannot pick up a solitary station on the AM radio (not even the non-english speaking ones, lol) . I noticed the lack of windshield antenna or any for that matter. The Little bubble on the roof is not for radio as best I know and certainly not for AM reception.

I know I could stream it via my phone but would rather not.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
To be honest the only time I listened to the AM function was by accident. It worked, I live in a city with many AM stations. Have you tried to manually tune the dial? The auto tune may not pick up a station if the reception isn't really good. FYI, the antenna module sits on the rear deck under the carpet between the rear speakers. You can always have the dealer check it.

OP
OP
TXAG96

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in Houston TX and there are plenty of AM stations here. Strong, weak, etc.
my radio picks up zip, zero, nada

just curious how’d you know about the antenna module??
/edit: found it, never mind. I think sum ting Wong with mine......

thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
GLAD to hear others are having A/M radio reception problems on their STANGS. Didn't want to sound like a WUS" but I am a 'Ol guy and listen to Goldie/oldies IE: 50's -70's music and TALK RADIO . I WONT USE THE "P" word !!!!! But got 16K on a 2018 Gt and AM suks . had same problem on my new 1999 Ford Super Duty Diesel F-250. Anyone got ideas on the culprit causing this ? Junqdawg/TEXAS

OP
OP
TXAG96

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
GLAD to hear others are having A/M radio reception problems on their STANGS. Didn't want to sound like a WUS" but I am a 'Ol guy and listen to Goldie/oldies IE: 50's -70's music and TALK RADIO . I WONT USE THE "P" word !!!!! But got 16K on a 2018 Gt and AM suks . had same problem on my new 1999 Ford Super Duty Diesel F-250. Anyone got ideas on the culprit causing this ? Junqdawg/TEXAS
Mine was simply disconnected under the headliner. The antenna modules are under rear bumper cover on left and right side behind the wheels.

Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Is your rear window tinted?

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Mine was simply disconnected under the headliner. The antenna modules are under rear bumper cover on left and right side behind the wheels.

HIN.. I HAD REAR BUMPER COVER REPLACED LAST MAY.A IDIOT BACKED INTO ME @ CARWASH. I WILL CHECK THAT OUT THANKYOU JUNQDAWG

OP
OP
TXAG96

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
NO AFTER MARKET TINT. WHATEVER FACTORY TINT THEY DO IS ALL I GOT . THINK THE NICE FELLOW THAT TOLD ME THE RECEPTION MODULES ARE BEHIND REAR BUMPER COVER NAILED IT FOR ME..THANKYOU. JUNQDAWG
Well the parts are called antenna modules but I'm not sure if they are radio antenna or not??? I found mine loose. The wires go up through the rear into the trunk (under the plastic rear panel near the latch) and join another module. JR3T-19K351 are the part numbers. Again, not sure if these are related to the radio antenna or the blind spot detection stuff....
Sponsored