Almost a record 10.62 et 131 mph

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Are you guys sure it is really adding that much?
I know it does on the dyno, but I haven’t seen it translate to the street.
Guys were seeing big numbers on the stock intake with the lid off also but when it came to the street or drag strip it didn’t help at all.
I just took advantage of the Black Friday special from lethal and ordered one.
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I just took advantage of the Black Friday special from lethal and ordered one.
I just don’t buy it. 35 to 40whp gain?
Again I say, that should translate to quicker 1/4 mile and 60 to 120 or 130 or whatever you wanna do.
I would like to see evidence one way or the other.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I hear ya, Keller but it can't hurt I suppose. :cool:

GG: Once again, I can't find squat...might you have a link for that BF sale at Lethal? When I cue up the part, it shows the usual four bones and no mention of a sale. TIA.

KB

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have been thinking about posting about this for a while.
I am NOT saying the aftermarket intakes are a hoax.
I just haven’t seen the 30whp (which is a lot) transfer into faster times.
I would like to have my suspicions disproved.
Obviously, with a highly modified car a aftermarket market intake is needed/wanted.
Maybe its more HP to weight issue. 30 HP in relation to a 4000 pound car isnt game changing. The way I looked at it, in terms of performance, was a weight offset. I added 40 pounds for a cage, reduced 25 pounds with a lithium battery, and added 30 HP. Sounds like an overall performance gain, but the problem is the weight of the car.

The carbon brakes had such potential, but were highly recommended against by the man who developed the car. Then there was CF body panels...... well, that wound up not working out (and I will never go there again)

Bottom line, this car suffers from being too heavy. 200 or so pounds would make all the difference in the world, but that isn't in the cards.

I won't tune my car. People who do it are taking a big chance if something major should let go. The cost of the trans is about 30K, likewise for the engine.. The CAI is the easiest and non intrusive way to go. Whether it works or not? I can't say for sure. I dont think I will be the guy to do R&D for JLT.

Exactly what are your specific concerns as to how the JLT intake wouldn't contribute to produce a sustained horsepower difference?

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya, Keller but it can't hurt I suppose. :cool:

GG: Once again, I can't find squat...might you have a link for that BF sale at Lethal? When I cue up the part, it shows the usual four bones and no mention of a sale. TIA.

KB
Enter FRIDAY when you check out its 10% since JLT is not offering anything off. Lethal is doing us the favor and I shopped around and no discounts and some places back ordered. .

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Maybe its more HP to weight issue. 30 HP in relation to a 4000 pound car isnt game changing. The way I looked at it, in terms of performance, was a weight offset. I added 40 pounds for a cage, reduced 25 pounds with a lithium battery, and added 30 HP. Sounds like an overall performance gain, but the problem is the weight of the car.

The carbon brakes had such potential, but were highly recommended against by the man who developed the car. Then there was CF body panels...... well, that wound up not working out (and I will never go there again)

Bottom line, this car suffers from being too heavy. 200 or so pounds would make all the difference in the world, but that isn't in the cards.

I won't tune my car. People who do it are taking a big chance if something major should let go. The cost of the trans is about 30K, likewise for the engine.. The CAI is the easiest and non intrusive way to go. Whether it works or not? I can't say for sure. I dont think I will be the guy to do R&D for JLT.

Exactly what are your specific concerns as to how the JLT intake wouldn't contribute to produce a sustained horsepower difference?
The stock air box was seeing significant gains with the lid removed on the dyno (still not as much as the aftermarket kits) but was not any faster in the quarter mile.
Basically, I am not convinced that the JLT or other similar intakes are helping much at all at the stock power level.

I have not seen improved mph in the quarter mile with it.

I would like for someone to do some quarter miles testing with both and compare the mph.
To my knowledge, nothing much has been done like that.

Most people that race and have installed a JLT or similar, also have lots of other mods so it is hard to know how much the air intake itself is contributing.

I am not a hater or anything of the air intakes, I just don’t like to see people spending hard earned money on something that won’t benefit them.

Have you installed it yet Tom?

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
The stock air box was seeing significant gains with the lid removed on the dyno (still not as much as the aftermarket kits) but was not any faster in the quarter mile.
Basically, I am not convinced that the JLT or other similar intakes are helping much at all at the stock power level.

I would like for someone to do some quarter miles testing with both and compare the mph.

Most people that race and have installed a JLT or similar, also have lots of other mods so it is hard to know how much the air intake itself is contributing.

I am not a hater or anything of the air intakes, I just don’t like to see people spending hard earned money on something that won’t benefit them.

Good info and thoughts which yeh how much do you really get out of an open box. But my understanding is you get more SC noise out of her? It’s a $350 purchase so not a big deal imo.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Good info and thoughts which yeh how much do you really get out of an open box. But my understanding is you get more SC noise out of her? It’s a $350 purchase so not a big deal imo.
Yes, you get a little more supercharger noise with it.
Still nothing like a Hellcat Redeye.
However the GT500 exhaust sounds better then the Hellcats.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

I will neither confirm or deny. My dealer says it doesn't affect the warranty, but im not to say whether its installed or not.

Again, I'm not going to be a JLT guiney pig, so maybe you ought to reach out to JLT with your concerns.

What are you running? Maybe you would lime to do some testing?

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Yes, you get a little more supercharger noise with it.
Still nothing like a Hellcat Redeye.
However the GT500 exhaust sounds better then the Hellcats.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Dead end thread. I'm out.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)

I will neither confirm or deny. My dealer says it doesn't affect the warranty, but im not to say whether its installed or not.

Again, I'm not going to be a JLT guiney pig, so maybe you ought to reach out to JLT with your concerns.

What are you running? Maybe you would lime to do some testing?
I understand Tom.
I would love to do a video comparing the two.
However with no GT500, that probably won’t happen.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)