Air Conditioner Issues

LWP_IV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 TP & '17 Ecoboost PP
Well I made it about 6000 miles and over a year before the car shredded the AC belt for the third time. I was on a road trip and luckily this time it didn't knock the main accessory belt off again. She's back at the dealer so I'll follow up with what they find. In that 6k miles I did two HPDE events and several runs up and down Tail of the Dragon without issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeff73Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP
2015 Mustang GT PP

I've been in twice for AC repairs. First it was a "Valve that was not properly seated." and 2nd was more extensive and included the replacement of the evaporator coil IIRC

I'm at 36K miles now and waiting for the hot weather. Currently the AC seems to work fine . . .

BUT . . . when it is cool out and the vent is on and the temperature setting is to cold, warm air comes through the vents! Something is still wrong with the system. I don't know if the electronics aren't closing a blend door or something that is a modern equivalent, or if the heater core is supposed to be shutting off and is still circulating hot coolant and heating up the air box

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
How I lament the old R12 days. Back then car manufacturers knew how to make reliable systems. The engineers these days are too distracted with riding their bicycles to work and then Coffee and checking their social media.

Heretoford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/tech
count me as another. went out ~12,000 miles. Intermittent at first then permanent failure. Off to dealer...

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Very troublesome to see the "W" units starting to fail. Mine was done last September, and I live in sw Florida where it's pretty much air every day... I have an extended warranty I just need to make sure it's covered.. 2016 gt with 16k

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Mine's been broken for about 6 months, but haven't been street driving it, so haven't taken it to the dealer. ugh

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Has anyone experienced the A/C putting out cold air when it is not on (and not on Auto?). Cannot determine for sure, but it definitely seems colder than the outside temp.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Has anyone experienced the A/C putting out cold air when it is not on (and not on Auto?). Cannot determine for sure, but it definitely seems colder than the outside temp.
Were you running max defrost at the time ? AC compressor stays on ( or comes on ) when max defrost is chosen

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Were you running max defrost at the time ? AC compressor stays on ( or comes on ) when max defrost is chosen
Nope. Played with it a bit driving home from work today. It's definitely blowing cold air as if it was on auto. When I set the climate temp to match the outside temp, it no longer blew cold. Triple checked to make sure nothing else was on; i.e., defrost, A/C auto, etc. So, it "thinks" it's on auto. Concern is that it is wearing out the compressor, placing a load on the engine, and using up coolant constantly. Taking it in for service in a few weeks. Hopefully, a quick fix.

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
I’ve officially been bitten by the evaporator core issue. Driver side blowing out hot air. Passenger side blowing cool but not cold air. Ford says they need to rip the entire dash apart to fix it. Anyone have this work done yet and if so any rattles? I’m pissed.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
I’ve officially been bitten by the evaporator core issue. Driver side blowing out hot air. Passenger side blowing cool but not cold air. Ford says they need to rip the entire dash apart to fix it. Anyone have this work done yet and if so any rattles? I’m pissed.
literally every s550 owner..depends on dealer my car was down for a week came back the same way it went in

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Finally gave in and took the car to the dealer (only 8 months after it stopped working :headbonk:). Just heard back - sounds like there is a crack in the return line between the compressor and condenser. Sounded like it should be an easy fix. Hopefully all is good afterwards. Really don't want to remove the dash.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Picked my car back up yesterday. When they went to charge the system, the evaporator started leaking as well. So they had to pull the dash and replace it (ugh). But blows cold air and I think they might have even fixed a rattle. :lol:

So far so good.
Sponsored