Sponsored

Aftermarket Driver Track Seat

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
What's everyone running? Why did you go with that one over something else? Can you adjust it? Anyone know if there's a way to integrate cooling with the oem sensor from the convenience seat setup?
Sponsored

Tony_the_Brit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sparco Pilot QRT with a modified Sparco Mustang mounting plate.
  • I'm 6'3" 225lbs so needed to sit on the floor to get a helmet on.
  • The seat is a very tight fit in the car as to height and gets close to the side airbag at the top. I unplug that airbag when I install the seat.
  • The Evo XL QRT will be an easier fit but I wanted the "wings".
  • I just leave all of the connectors disconnected when I install the seat - I get an airbag warning light but I have a harness & roll bar so figure I'm good.
  • For any longer road trips I reinstall the original seat.
If you fit with a helmet in the regular seat I would just stick with the Recaros unless you are a serious racer and the car is being trailered.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Sparco Pilot QRT with a modified Sparco Mustang mounting plate.
  • I'm 6'3" 225lbs so needed to sit on the floor to get a helmet on.
  • The seat is a very tight fit in the car as to height and gets close to the side airbag at the top. I unplug that airbag....
I have the convenience seats and will likely do4 maybe 6 days in a year. although i can see the convenience seats working for me. there were many times were i had to readjust myself on the straight away after a turn. LOL.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I’ve spent lots of time in both seats. I found both to be lacking. One benefit of the recaros is that they accept 4pt harnesses - though those aren’t that comfortable to me.

I now run a Sparco Circuit halo seat. It’s worth a couple seconds a lap. A lot less stress on the body.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I've been lusting after the Tilletts. Palm Beach Dyno just posted a video on Youtube where they put a pair in a new GT500.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I’ve spent lots of time in both seats. I found both to be lacking. One benefit of the recaros is that they accept 4pt harnesses - though those aren’t that comfortable to me.

I now run a Sparco Circuit halo seat. It’s worth a couple seconds a lap. A lot less stress on the body.
I do drive the 350 in the streets as well so I have a feeling the wings would impair my vision. What model would you recommend that can last long hours and still be great at the track?

this one is catching my eye
https://www.sparcousa.com/product/qrt-c

or
https://www.sparcousa.com/product/qrt-performance

or
http://www.inspire-usa.com/Recaro-Pole-Position--Leather-Black-Suede-Grey_p_4136.html#

any reason i should not get leather and go cloth?

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
If you're buying the seat for comfort and performance, absolutely get cloth. More breathable, better grip, lighter weight. Leather wins for durability and ease of cleaning, neither of which matter in a track seat.

For a street driven car, do not get a halo seat.

My race car has a Cobra, and I've also found RaceTechs to be very comfortable. Before the Cobra I had a Sparco Evo and a Recaro SPG. I've been comfortable in all of them, but I'm a pretty average guy (5'9", 175, 32" waist). I'm broad-shouldered so that's the primary pinch point for me on some narrower seats; the Recaro SPG did constrict my shoulders enough that I didn't like multiple hours in the car, but track sessions were fine. I recommend trying a few on if you can.

whatisgrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Sparco EVO QRT for me. Took out the heated/cooled seats after the first track day as I was sliding around too much.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Sparco EVO QRT for me. Took out the heated/cooled seats after the first track day as I was sliding around too much.
Too funny, I kept having to readjust myself. It wasn't so bad but I felt like I was doing extra unnecessary work.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Too funny, I kept having to readjust myself. It wasn't so bad but I felt like I was doing extra unnecessary work.
Your street seats suck on track when you get out and you have bruises on your left knee from bracing against the door. Honeybadger is right; a real seat and harnesses are worth real time because you're driving the car, not holding yourself in place, and you can relax on the controls more and, therefore, feel a lot more through the wheel and seat. Pedal control improves when you're not bracing, too.

Sponsored

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Went with the sparco qrt-c

It works well for a street/track combo

Very pleased with it, helps out allot on the track to keep the stress off my shoulders and back while driving.

Doesn’t do anything for the neck or head though. You would need a halo seat for that.

But for a hybrid seat I would recommend these quite well.

I have a slider for the driver seat and no slider for passenger.

0D6F0ED7-B96B-48DB-AFD0-2491C2B17B4D.jpeg
9D4F9D5A-243A-4F8A-9CB5-B1699A2758BD.jpeg
2BAF9219-5AA3-49D5-AEB6-A4B9E9029C03.jpeg
506AE380-1B18-4134-9112-FA8BBE7F7669.jpeg
A40D3499-DEF7-4138-914C-62C9D0B472F6.jpeg
08A06022-2023-4BBA-8A76-150D7B34BB4B.jpeg

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So I got to ask, this is where I struggle... I'm a 32 waist. Should I be looking at seats with a maximum 32 waist restriction or the Large that state that go UP TO 36"?

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
So I got to ask, this is where I struggle... I'm a 32 waist. Should I be looking at seats with a maximum 32 waist restriction or the Large that state that go UP TO 36"?
I wouldn’t try to use those measurements as your main guide. You really have to sit in the seat to try.

Last edited:

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I wouldn’t try to use those measurements as your main guide. You really have to sit in the sit to try.
Agree. My main point of feedback is that in today's world, 32" waist is not large and I fit in every seat I've ever tried, even those marketed for smaller people. The only place where I've had issues in a skinny seat is my shoulders (40" chest and relatively broad-shouldered).

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'll add some questions to this thread :

- What seat bracket are you all using with Sparcos ? And what sliders ? Assume most are side mounted even if using sliders...
- Those with 5+ point harnesses - where did you attach the bottom belt to ?
- If you disconnect seat harnesses, do you get seatbelt reminder ? (I know it can be easily turned off but I took the seat out without doing it and would have to put it back in to do the procedure - since it requires buckling and unbuckling the belt 3 times - but I do not get the reminder, even though buckle is clearly disconnected (since it plugs into the seat and the seat into the car)
Sponsored