AFE cat-back no headers, anyone try?

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Hey guys. I just installed the aFe cat back exhaust on Friday. I've only driven it a short distance so far, but am 100% satisfied with it so far. It's not too loud, but very noticeable that it's not stock. On throttle it has a great tone and best of all doesn't drown the sound of the Whipple

I'll get some sound clips and video up tomorrow if time permits.
Would love to see some clips. Looking at possibly ordering one this week. Or the Solo Mach exhaust.
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Could not wait for the clips, ordered from Lethal Performance tonight:headbang:.
Oh yeah!!!!

Thanks for the business. :cheers:

Looking forward to getting your feedback on the system and hearing some sound clips. Keep us posted.

Jared

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Oh yeah!!!!

Thanks for the business. :cheers:

Looking forward to getting your feedback on the system and hearing some sound clips. Keep us posted.

Jared
PMing you for a price

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L

Sponsored

OP
OP

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I was able to get the system installed this weekend, so a little review....

First, the packaging for shipping was good and shipping was fast, thanks Lethal. The product looked great, especially the black tips:clap2:, but AFE did make a major mistake that irked me. On the instructions they have a section for the X-Pipe that states the "AFE power badge should be on the passenger side", great no problem, well it was, someone forgot to weld on the badge apparently and the pipe does have different bends. Now I did check to make sure any hangers or clamps were in the box before I began the install, but I did not think I would need to look for a missing badge. Anyway, since i had already removed the stock system I thought I would test fit to see what made sense. I also went to the AFE site to look at the pictures of the product which helped since it did have the badge. The system is tight and a little difficult to install due to the extra cross pipe behind the differential. The instructions say to attach the two sides before connecting the X-Pipe. This was a pain in the ass. I found it easier to install the sides separated, slide each side onto the X-Pipe and hang the center hanger. Once it is hanging the sides can be swung out and twisted into each other with some muscle.

So after a few choice words while persuading the install Gods to cooperate I finally had it installed and was able to straighten it up, check for any clearance issues and then tighten the clamps down. The fit of the system is quite good considering that it really does not have much adjustment opportunity considering even the tips are welded in place.

The sound :headbang: I really like it! It is not real load, but does have a nice deep tone while in idle and as the revs climb the sound is crisp, don't really hear any rasp. For the record I do have the stock headers and CATS installed, which won't change considering my location. I have not driven on the freeway yet so i can't say anything about drone, but just around town I can tell it has a deeper sound that makes its way into the interior. I will be on the freeway tomorrow so we will see.I attached a sound clip from my phone and the pics below.

Sound clip : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B537G2iudrNBRlhGT1J3ZnFiak0&usp=sharing
20151115_150756.jpg
20151115_150807.jpg
20151115_150845 (1024x576).jpg
20151115_150928 (1024x628).jpg
20151115_150854 (1024x576).jpg

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Sounds good I think. Would love to hear during a 3rd gear WOT pull to redline from outside the car.

Of Wolf and Man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT
The system sounds good, I was wondering when we would hear just the cat back system. I almost got AFE system, but decided to go with the Solo Mach XV system instead. I will probably get their LT headers though.

OP
OP

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Just a little update to my install. As noted above the X-pipe was missing the "AFE power badge" as per the instruction. I assume it is on correctly, but still not sure considering I can't get a call back, looking a little confirmation from the support staff at AFE, tried 3 times now, little frustrating to say the least :doh:.

Anyway, I do really love the sound and the quality does seem to be good, but support is no es bueno...:shrug:

Sponsored

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
Just a little update to my install. As noted above the X-pipe was missing the "AFE power badge" as per the instruction. I assume it is on correctly, but still not sure considering I can't get a call back, looking a little confirmation from the support staff at AFE, tried 3 times now, little frustrating to say the least :doh:.

Anyway, I do really love the sound and the quality does seem to be good, but support is no es bueno...:shrug:
Who have you spoken too? PM me your contact info and I will have someone reach out to you.

OP
OP

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Who have you spoken too? PM me your contact info and I will have someone reach out to you.

Yolanda Gallardo and I sent her pictures they requested, She then forwarded off to a Steve Baker and have not heard back yet. I will PM my contact.

Thanks

OP
OP

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
So I know sometimes communication can get lost, people get busy and maybe forget or whatever, happens to me all the time. What happens after you realization any issues, it gets taken care ASAP. That is exactly what happen with AFE.

I was called early today by Steve and after a little discussion he felt the part was not up to the standards AFE wants to portray and is sending me out a new X-Pipe with the correct tagging so I can be sure I have this all on correct.

AFE will stand behind their products and make it right if needed.:thumbsup:

Still hoping to get a drive by sound up someday.:doh:

Thanks again AFE guy:D

RafaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, PP, Ruby Red
For a second there I thought I was looking at my car! Only difference is, I went with the polished tips. So far I LOVE the sound, nice and deep below 4.5k rpm and the it starts to scream after 5k rpm. Also, ZERO drown, im super happy with they system.

Sponsored