Sponsored

Anyone try to do longtube headers on a 2019 Mustang yet??

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
Good Luck!!! The A/C line runs right on top of the top header bolts on the passenger side. Not only that, but the line has smaller connector lines going into the larger line making it impossible to move or bend those lines out of the way. To make things even worse, the 2019 Mustang (unlike the 2018) uses the newer 1234YR Freon. Totally different A/C system!!! The A/C machines that support the R134A do not support or even hook up to the A/C lines in the 2019 Mustang. We are currently one of the only shops in our area that has a machine to properly hook up, evaporate, and charge the 1234YR A/C systems. The Freon for these systems are $570 to $700+ for 10 LBS!! Here are some pictures of the A/C lines.
AC-1.JPG
AC-2.JPG
AC-4.JPG
AC-5.JPG
AC-6.JPG
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
It's the same on the 18's. All of the header options we offer for the 18-19 cars clear that AC line without any issues. We personally run the Kooks 1-7/8" headers on our 2018 and sell a ton of ARH, SW, Texas Speed and Pypes as well. We've got some really good deals on most of the ones mentioned so let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/christmas-sale
calendar_blog2_zpssyglokmd.png

Thanks, Jared

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Welcome to why I paid someone to do headers. I normally do all of my work on my car, but I gladly paid to have these done. It's a pain and takes patience.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Yep, the same as the '18 and easy to install headers IMO. I did the MBRP full system on my car as well. Sounds pretty good too.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Yep, the same as the '18 and easy to install headers IMO. I did the MBRP full system on my car as well. Sounds pretty good too.

I paid $450 to have a set of used MBRP headers installed last week and mated to my 3" Outlaw catback, those things SCREAM !!!! The shop had them in in roughly 5hrs.

Bad thing about my headers is both O2 bungs are angled down, Guess that's why the PO swapped them out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustanggt5.02011

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
Not sure how many people here have installed headers on a new 2019 GT. If your not an installing shop then you don't know. Parts companies will tell you all day, they fit, and they do. But what they don't know because they don't install the long tubes is it is necessary to remove the A/C line or cut on your brand new car. There is a difference on the 2019 vs the 2018 GT. We were able to remove the nuts on the header on the 2019 GT, but the studs in the 2019 headers will not clear the A/C lines when removing the header with out removing the A/C line. If cutting your brand new 2019 is acceptable to you, then have at it, it can be done. Again, if your not an installing shop, you just don't know. Ask around to shops that have done a longtube install on a 2019 in specific. The 2018 GT has no issues removing the passenger side header. One shop had to Cut the studs off the header on a brand new 2019 Just to get the passenger side header out!!! This is not acceptable in my book for a brand new car unless the owner doesn't care!!!!!! Just providing REAL information to the mustang community so It will help someone, not just trying to sell parts.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Not sure how many people here have installed headers on a new 2019 GT. If your not an installing shop then you don't know. Parts companies will tell you all day, they fit, and they do. But what they don't know because they don't install the long tubes is it is necessary to remove the A/C line or cut on your brand new car. There is a difference on the 2019 vs the 2018 GT. We were able to remove the nuts on the header on the 2019 GT, but the studs in the 2019 headers will not clear the A/C lines when removing the header with out removing the A/C line. If cutting your brand new 2019 is acceptable to you, then have at it, it can be done. Again, if your not an installing shop, you just don't know. Ask around to shops that have done a longtube install on a 2019 in specific. The 2018 GT has no issues removing the passenger side header. One shop had to Cut the studs off the header on a brand new 2019 Just to get the passenger side header out!!! This is not acceptable in my book for a brand new car unless the owner doesn't care!!!!!! Just providing REAL information to the mustang community so It will help someone, not just trying to sell parts.
Well I beg the differ and I'm not a shop but I've personally installed the MBRP LT's on my '18 AND a friend of mines '19. They BOTH had to have the factory studs taken completely out because the factory header will NOT come of without doing so because of the AC line on BOTH year cars.......not a single difference at all. I will also add that on the manual GT's you do not have to go and buy a drivers side 02 sensor either. On the A10 yes you need to buy the drivers side 02 because there's not enough factory harness down low to pull and make it connect. Why Ford did it like that between autos and manuals is beyond me but my own personal experience installing LT's in my very own '18 and a friends '19 was exactly the same. I will also add that what I really loved about the MBRP headers is where they have the top bolt holes slotted at the top, you install all your header bolts first and then slide the header up into place and then put a few bottom bolts in and then start tightening them all down. That makes doing the top bolts sooooo much easier than companies that just drill the holes and you bust knuckles and curse all day installing them.

OP
OP
Mustanggt5.02011

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
You just proved my point!! Thank you. Like I mentioned above, if you only sell parts you don't know. Unless you have a later production 2018 GT that uses 1234YF, that would explain why you had an issue removing the factory exhaust manifold on the passenger side. My car was an early production 2018 I bought in November 2017 and used the R134A freon, and we did NOT have to remove the A/C line or cut on my 2018 to get the stock header out. It cleared the line with no issues. We were able to move the A/C line just enough to get the stock manifold out. Ford DID make a change to the A/C lines and system on the later production 2018 & 2019 Mustang 100%. The Freon on my 2018 was R134A. The Freon on my 2019 is 1234YF. We bought a new machine just for 1234YF as the old machine is not compatible. It was much easier to remove the stock header on the passenger side with the A/C line removed and did not require any cutting at all. Thank you Brent for proving my point.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yes but the studs dont have to be cut out,their is a female torx socket that fits the factory studs and u just unscrew them,put the header up and put the studs back in.Also just from doing a few sets of headers,if your on a lift with the engine supported,u can remove both motor mounts which will let u shift the motor over to one side or the other and not have to remove the studs at all. À Just small tricks u pick up after doing these headers.

OP
OP
Mustanggt5.02011

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
Yes but the studs dont have to be cut out,their is a female torx socket that fits the factory studs and u just unscrew them,put the header up and put the studs back in.Also just from doing a few sets of headers,if your on a lift with the engine supported,u can remove both motor mounts which will let u shift the motor over to one side or the other and not have to remove the studs at all. À Just small tricks u pick up after doing these headers.
Your exactly right Tommy. Thats what we do is remove both motor mounts and use a screw jack to lift the motor enough to get to the header bolts. If you don't mind cutting, you can remove the header by cutting the studs. Not the preferred way to do it on a new vehicle.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Your exactly right Tommy. Thats what we do is remove both motor mounts and use a screw jack to lift the motor enough to get to the header bolts.
Yes,another thing u can.do is why the motor is lifted have someone pry over to the drivers side just enough to get the header out without having to take the studs out.The header is close to coming out with the motor straight so u only need a inch at most,then u.dont have to remove the studs.

sKyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP, 1994 GT 'Vert
Your exactly right Tommy. Thats what we do is remove both motor mounts and use a screw jack to lift the motor enough to get to the header bolts. If you don't mind cutting, you can remove the header by cutting the studs. Not the preferred way to do it on a new vehicle.
I'm a little confused as to what you're ranting about.
I have a 2019 GT PP A10 that I purchased on December 31st, 2018.

I am currently installing a set of eBay headers and had no issue removing the factory headers on the driver or passenger side. I currently have the driver side installed and back together, the passenger side long tube header is mounted and I just need to put in the top front stud, top rear stud, and 2nd to rear top stud, then the nuts for all three on the passenger side. All bottom studs and nuts are installed. I did not have to touch the AC lines.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I have an 18 A10. Built 6/18 Kooks LTH installed no problem. Took us 7 hours, but done. Didn’t cut anything and didn’t buy any O2s. Zander 13 just installed Corsa LTH on his 19 with no issues that he addressed on his YouTube video????

Last edited:

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Since were talking about A/C lines/headers and clearances, I'm getting ready to hang some Kooks on mine and I am considering wrapping the A/C lines just for some addes protection against heat. Any thoughts?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Since were talking about A/C lines/headers and clearances, I'm getting ready to hang some Kooks on mine and I am considering wrapping the A/C lines just for some addes protection against heat. Any thoughts?
We're running the Kooks 1-7/8" headers on our 18 and we didn't wrap any of the lines or headers. No issues with the setup whatsoever.
Sponsored