Sponsored

AFE cat-back no headers, anyone try?

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I was convinced I was going with the MBRP street, but i am considering the new AFE cat-back system. AFE show a video with he headers, but has anyone installed with no headers?
Sponsored

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
When we installed the headers and then the exhaust, and maintained our exhaust with the stock manifolds, we came to the conclusion that the sound almost had no difference. Which is why we decided to make the video with both products on the car.

With our exhaust on the stock manifolds it will sound just a tad quieter, but that's about it as far as sound differences are concerned. Still sounds aggressive, and has a nice tone at idle and upon reving it. :headbang:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]IMjDOTzbqQ0[/MEDIA]"]

OP
OP

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
When we installed the headers and then the exhaust, and maintained our exhaust with the stock manifolds, we came to the conclusion that the sound almost had no difference. Which is why we decided to make the video with both products on the car.

With our exhaust on the stock manifolds it will sound just a tad quieter, but that's about it as far as sound differences are concerned. Still sounds aggressive, and has a nice tone at idle and upon reving it. :headbang:

Thanks, think I will order them.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Are these in stock yet? Couple web sites are saying won't ship until end of Nov?:shrug:

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
OP
OP

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Did you every order these? Very curious what you think.
Nope, to be honest i am a little nervous about spending the monies since the system seems to be avoided :shrug:. I am still tossing it around though.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Afe isnt commonly picked in the domestic world. From what i know its more popular with euro cars. They do make nice products. If you like how it sounds i dont think youll be disappointed

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Right now I am close to trying it out simply for the price. I'm really surprised that they went through the trouble of making this exhaust but not really pushing the product. I am waiting to see more reviews on the new Solo exhaust systems before I order anything.

OP
OP

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I ask for some more info from Lethal Performance. I was looking at the Lethal H-Pipe with the Magnaflow, but curiosity about the AFE is stopping me. I have used AFE on my trucks and they have been great so we will see.

OP
OP

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Right now I am close to trying it out simply for the price. I'm really surprised that they went through the trouble of making this exhaust but not really pushing the product. I am waiting to see more reviews on the new Solo exhaust systems before I order anything.
Are you not happy with the MBRP?

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Are you not happy with the MBRP?
The Race had really bad drone and the Street is too Raspy for me. It's really a shame that they didn't put more time into those exhaust.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys. I just installed the aFe cat back exhaust on Friday. I've only driven it a short distance so far, but am 100% satisfied with it so far. It's not too loud, but very noticeable that it's not stock. On throttle it has a great tone and best of all doesn't drown the sound of the Whipple

I'll get some sound clips and video up tomorrow if time permits.
Sponsored