Sponsored

Anyone try to do longtube headers on a 2019 Mustang yet??

5.2ddk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
5.2ddk
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We're running the Kooks 1-7/8" headers on our 18 and we didn't wrap any of the lines or headers. No issues with the setup whatsoever.
Well, as we speak I am getting my longtube headers installed on my 2019 mustang gt. I just want to say that I was a owner of 2018 Mustang gt until it got totaled out, but I must say it is huge difference between the `18 & `19. The person that is installing them discovered some things that made the job difficult. But my ac lines wasn't in the way much, the only problem that has him concerned and me is the Starter being really close to header. Like you can put your finger between the header and tip of the starter/solenoid and your finger will be touching both. But if there is anything I can do to protect my starter from being worn out from heat, I would like to know. But overall, I'm happy that I'm getting them installed. It should be done today. My mechanic has to move a lot of things to tighten up bolts and what not but he is managing it.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
About all you can do is ask him to put a heat shield on both where they're closest, auto parts places usually sell sheets of flexible honeycomb material and you shape to suit the application. The alternative is to use some header wrap in that location and tie wire it in place. A bit of farnarkling but probably worth it in the long run.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I think that they run that AC line close to the header for a reason. A nice even "heater" on the line returning hot gas to the compressor. It may ensure a constant return temperature. No matter what happens in the evaporator core, the warm header will ensure the gas is always nice and warm.

It might be to avoid low compressor lift conditions when using the AC for defrost or something when it's not really hot in the car. Or just running the AC all the damn firkin time like my wife...it's like the button's stuck. lol

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Seems the problem isn't the 'fit' though, it's the proximity of the hot header pipes to other components and what this will do to those components in the medium to long term ie couple thousand hours of high temps.
Sponsored