Advice for upgrading 9 speaker system

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Pretty much all of the 3.5" replacement speakers for the doors and dash are 4ohm. Thought I read that the factory were 2 ohm. Any issues you've had with volume coming out of them? Looking at the Infinity or Hertz.
If you keep the stock head unit (low wattage) you'll want the highest dB possible. My understanding is that the high dB speakers are the loudest with lower wattage (non after market amplifiers). So if you use the stock head unit the Hertz is 92dB and Infinity, I think 91.
Sponsored

Turning Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2021 Mustang GT/CS
I just had a local audio shop install the MTX TNP212DV Bass Package and new MTX door speakers on Friday. They also disconnected the stock center speaker. I think it sounds much better, and thought it was fairly reasonable.

The center speaker was drowning the others out, and I can hear more sound separation (left-right) than before, and I can actually hear the rear deck speakers now too, with the default fade setting set to Driver position.

The audio experts on the forum might not find this setup to their standards, but I think it was a significant improvement over stock for about $900 installed.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Looks stock doesn't it? It is but didn't come with it. My car came with the 9 speaker system as well. I replaced all four door speakers with the factory speakers from a car that came factory with a subwoofer. This is key for it to sound correct as the factory amp you'll replace under the dash will drive those differently. Also got a good deal on a stock subwoofer with mount and paid $50 for the correct amplifier in the front. Yes it cost me a little more than some but if you can find a good deal on stock parts then it is very possible. There is a thread buried somewhere that shows a small harness you'll need to buy for the back if you have the blue plug behind where the stock subwoofer goes. If you don't have the blue plug you'll need to run the power wires as well as the 3 signal and amp turn on wires from the amp in front. My car is a 2019 so it would have had the B&O had it been ordered with it but the older stuff (back to 2015) works just fine. The amplifier you'll want to look for has a part number that ends with a C(x) Mine Has a CP in it but most will work. So, stock C(X) amp, stock subwoofer with mounting bracket, small harness that connects to the stock sub amp and several different colored rolls of wire. If interested in going this route know that you will need to insert 3 pins in the stock amplifier harness under the dash. As long as you can crimp correctly I can mail you some of the pins for free as the ones Ford sells are insanely priced. I'll get more pictures and try to find a few links to how to do it
20220524_200257.jpg
if anyone asks.

OP
OP

ConSpooky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Grabber Blue Metallic
Looks stock doesn't it? It is but didn't come with it. My car came with the 9 speaker system as well. I replaced all four door speakers with the factory speakers from a car that came factory with a subwoofer. This is key for it to sound correct as the factory amp you'll replace under the dash will drive those differently. Also got a good deal on a stock subwoofer with mount and paid $50 for the correct amplifier in the front. Yes it cost me a little more than some but if you can find a good deal on stock parts then it is very possible. There is a thread buried somewhere that shows a small harness you'll need to buy for the back if you have the blue plug behind where the stock subwoofer goes. If you don't have the blue plug you'll need to run the power wires as well as the 3 signal and amp turn on wires from the amp in front. My car is a 2019 so it would have had the B&O had it been ordered with it but the older stuff (back to 2015) works just fine. The amplifier you'll want to look for has a part number that ends with a C(x) Mine Has a CP in it but most will work. So, stock C(X) amp, stock subwoofer with mounting bracket, small harness that connects to the stock sub amp and several different colored rolls of wire. If interested in going this route know that you will need to insert 3 pins in the stock amplifier harness under the dash. As long as you can crimp correctly I can mail you some of the pins for free as the ones Ford sells are insanely priced. I'll get more pictures and try to find a few links to how to do it
20220524_200257.jpg
if anyone asks.
This is exactly the type of thing I’m looking for. Any links/guides would be great. I think I’m capable of doing this. I have general soldering experience and have installed radios before in the car. I know it’s a bit more taking the interior apart and adding amp/new speakers. At the very least I could always take this info to a shop to show what I’m looking for. Thanks

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Hey everyone. I have a 2022 GT premium that should be arriving within the next month or so. I was supposed to be getting the B&O, but Ford somehow messed up and left me with the 9 speaker.

I originally went with B&O for a couple of reasons: keeping everything looking stock + the subwoofer.

Obviously I have not received the car yet, but I’m not an audiophile, so I’ll probably be fine with the stock speakers. Maybe I’ll get 2 new door speakers. At the very least I would like a sub + AMP with some room if I’d like to upgrade more.

As I mentioned before, I’m interested in a factory look. Is there anyway to get that truck liner piece that houses the B&O sub and put an aftermarket one in? I’m not interested in having a sub sitting in the trunk taking up space, especially since I will be frequently pulling down the seats and putting things through. I’m not as concerned with the amp since it’s much smaller and could also go by the spare tire.

Any product recommendations, similar builds, answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Hi. What Sub and AMP are you looking at. I have a 9 speaker system and want to put a rear trunk Sub and AMP like a JL 12". What are you thinking?