2019 PP1 GT Kona

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I just schedule a Saturday at Firestone for PP 5W-20, drop it off, go drink coffee, and then come back and get it.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Did you get a discount because you poured the oil in yourself? Did you ask yourself if you wanted the other fluids topped off? :)

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
“If you want to make a living, don’t work minimum wage jobs! Those are for teenagers!”

fast forward…

“Get back here and change my oil and flip my burgers for pennies!”

What we‘re seeing is a market adjustment to the fact that you cannot live in the US and make minimum wage. The wages for the lowest paid workers will go up (as they needed to) and the jobs will be filled.
Incorrect....at least around my area.

What I'm seeing is teenagers don't work anymore. Go to your local McDonald's and see who's working there........it's not high schoolers in this area.

High schoolers in this are now prima donna pampered pussies who've never worked a day in their lives. I've worked since the age of 13.

A buddie's kid graduated HS, and a year later just finally took a part-time job. Doesn't drive, probably will never leave the house. Sits at home playing video games, and little else.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Did you get a discount because you poured the oil in yourself? Did you ask yourself if you wanted the other fluids topped off? :)
They were so cool about me waltzing around, doing whatever I wanted.

They DGAF, they're so short-staffed.

Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Incorrect.

What we're seeing is teenagers don't work anymore. Go to your local McDonald's and see who's working there........it's not high schoolers.

High schoolers are now prima donna pampered pussies who've never worked a day in their lives. I've worked since the age of 13.

A buddie's kid graduated, and a year later just finally took a part-time job. Doesn't drive, probably will never leave the house. Sits at home playing video games, and little else.
You just proved my point: that minimum wage jobs are not worked by teenagers and therefore should be paid a livable wage. If you cannot exist (rent, groceries, gas, etc.) and work the job... then there will not be workers signing up for it.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You just proved my point: that minimum wage jobs are not worked by teenagers and therefore should be paid a livable wage. If you cannot exist (rent, groceries, gas, etc.) and work the job... then there will not be workers signing up for it.
I'm not making your point at all.

It's a free-market economy. If the businesses can afford to pay more, they are. And companies HAVE been offering big $$ recently, and they're still not getting any workers. Starting people at $17-$20 an hour for menial work

There was a city in Michigan that had a job fair with hundreds of good-paying jobs, companies desperate for employees.

4 people showed up for the job fair.

The latest generation is a bunch of useless fucks. They're weak, lazy, pampered, entitled pussies. They're being offered 2-3 times the pay (including factoring in inflation) my generation was paid for the same work, and still sitting on their lazy asses.

Last edited:

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
My lawn guy can’t find people to work. He had one guy quit because he would make more unemployed. He told the guy he’ll pay him $18 an hour under the table so he’d have two incomes, the guy said no thanks.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Incorrect....at least around my area.

What I'm seeing is teenagers don't work anymore. Go to your local McDonald's and see who's working there........it's not high schoolers in this area.

High schoolers in this are now prima donna pampered pussies who've never worked a day in their lives. I've worked since the age of 13.

A buddie's kid graduated HS, and a year later just finally took a part-time job. Doesn't drive, probably will never leave the house. Sits at home playing video games, and little else.
I have to agree. Sounds like too many parents my age are enabling their kids. Those jobs should be going to high schoolers learning what work ethic is but thats not the case anymore.

My oldest started working once he got his license in hs. We let him stop when he started college (with a full tuition scholarship) to focus on grades. Well he lost his scholarship after his sophomore year due to low grades. Now he's working again to save up because I'm not paying for school!

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I just schedule a Saturday at Firestone for PP 5W-20, drop it off, go drink coffee, and then come back and get it.
Plus one for firestone. I do all my own work except tires and alignment, and the local firestone is the only place I trust. I can drop it off Saturday or Sunday morning, tell them what I want, and leave. Come back later to pick it up and everything was done right and cheap. And my car has no more than . 1 miles put on it so I know they weren't hooning!

Sponsored
OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I have to agree. Sounds like too many parents my age are enabling their kids. Those jobs should be going to high schoolers learning what work ethic is but thats not the case anymore.

My oldest started working once he got his license in hs. We let him stop when he started college (with a full tuition scholarship) to focus on grades. Well he lost his scholarship after his sophomore year due to low grades. Now he's working again to save up because I'm not paying for school!
Things were different way back when.

My ass was out of the house at 17. Sink or swim. Rotsa' ruck buddy-boy!!!!

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I've had great luck out of the Fstone shops here, and I get the lifetime align. I let them do that every oil change and just roll on, and I keep all receipts. Over 15 years of this practice on all vehicles has not let me down. I do not buy tires from them though :)

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
There's a huge disparity between cost of living and minimum wage. I have no idea how people in DMV area survive on minimum wage. It just shows you how messed up the system is when an unemployment check is higher than the living wage these people earn. There's a bigger issue at hand from a micro and macro-economic standpoint.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have tons of jacks/stands/tools.

It's a lot more trouble. This is NoVa, simple things are made difficult just due to the location.
and yet you know 'a guy' who has a commercial location, some tools of his own, and you see him almost weekly... :)

I let Jack or BP man do my oil changes because I can't be arsed. I think I even have some ramps. I hand them the oil and the filters and $25 for their trouble.

Last edited:

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
You just proved my point: that minimum wage jobs are not worked by teenagers and therefore should be paid a livable wage.
No, If you are an adult, a fully grown adult, and you only get minimum wage jobs, you deserve that pay... Why would i pay you $15/hr to make a simple task? don't wanna make minimum wage? educate yourself, learn something valuable and start moving forward.

People that say that "if they raise the minimum wage to XX amount, those employees can have a better life" don't know shit about how the economy work, have no idea what inflation is, etc...

who do you think is gonna pay for that extra money? the company? lol... that extra cost will be passed to the consumer... If A start paying more to their employees, A will start charging more... If B buy materials from A to produce something, then B has to raise their prices to afford the extra money that B has to pay to A now... If C is buying from B, now C has to pay more... etc... At the end, we ALL end paying more... and if the minimum wage goes to $15/hr, that doesn't mean the people making $17/hr will get a raise. etc etc etc... so, before you were able to buy 1 gal of milk for $2 making $8/hr, now you make $15/hr and the milk cost you $6...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.