Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
FYI according to people I know with lots of track experience and as others have posted in other threads many high performance tires including PS4S will still destroy the outside edges even with lots of camber and pressure.

This includes some of the tires in the category Tire Rack calls extreme performance. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/perfCat.jsp?perf=EP

Others here can, or probably have already in other threads, suggest proven track durable tires in various price ranges.
No one serious about the track uses PS4S tires. They're an amazing street tire that can handle the track for beginners but that's it. As much camber as you can get and smaller sidewall tires will get you where you want to be.

I used the factory 40 profile PS4S tires for my first track; stock suspension and 37 psi hot and there was still loads of sidewall flex. I went to 285/35 tires all around and the rolling onto the sidewall was significantly reduced.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
FYI according to people I know with lots of track experience and as others have posted in other threads many high performance tires including PS4S will still destroy the outside edges even with lots of camber and pressure.

This includes some of the tires in the category Tire Rack calls extreme performance. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/perfCat.jsp?perf=EP

Others here can, or probably have already in other threads, suggest proven track durable tires in various price ranges.
To be fair the stock PZero is very capable truck tire and after 5 events last season it doesn't show significant side wall damage. However the PZero's have just terrible heat operating range which mean that you can get at best 2-3 laps at optimal tire temp before they overheat.

Also 2.5" and more Camber should be enough for the tire to lay on it's iner part when cornering hard and ether way the negative camber increase your tire contact surface when cornering so using CC plates for track is mandatory I think.