Sponsored

Adding hood hinge shocks?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Just an FYI. Steeda are the strongest struts that I have used. Also, I love Steeda great customer service. Unfortunately, now I'm using Redline. 2018+ owners beware with Steeda Hood Stuts. I'm not convinced my car is unique, but I had an issue with my 2019 and Steeda hook struts. Both struts have worn off the paint on my hood from touching. Steeda was working with me on replacement but I decided to go with Redline. Check your hoods!!! I will post a pic if I can remember how to do it.
I've had my Steeda struts on my '18 for two years. Zero issues here.
Sponsored

ClayAce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Bought my struts from CJ Pony..put em on in less than 25 min. Notched out the area by the battery cover so i can quickly take the battery cover off to trickle charge, clean or change out battery without disturbing the strut. IMO lots better than the rod holding up my hood in my way...

Paul's Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, Magnetic, Showstopper Red
california pony cars eng-157-635 have worked great for my '19. no cutting necessary. no pinched hoses. no complaints.
I like their design because it gives a lot more support to the hood than most others. They claimed their hood lift kits only fit '15-'17 so I emailed them and asked if it would fit the '18-'22 cars. They said no but they were working on a new kit for those cars and to check back in a couple of months. I thought the only difference in the '18-'22 cars was smaller hood bolts. A properly sized sleeve around the smaller bolt should make for a snug fit, I would think. Or it may not be necessary at all. Just torque the nuts down good and maybe it doesn't slide around. Did you encounter any problems with fitment on your '19? Were the bracket holes very much larger than the hood bolts?

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
fitment is great. the struts work great. i have had no issues with this mod for 3 years so far.