Sponsored

Added FP PP2

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
I installed a custom tune/ngauge on my son’s car cause i was putting headers on and I was not satisfied with the tune. The shift points were messed up and couldn’t get it corrected. So I put the power pack 2 on and it was so much better. I could actually feel the difference.
Sponsored

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Is this tune worth it to get out of warranty compared to others? I want it for the low end torque. Don't really plan to do any more mods.
Also is there any noted longevity concerns people are having with it? Is it any more or less reliable than a Lund or other tune?

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
The FP tune is conservative, aftermarket tunes likely bring more power. The FP tune really is how the car should have been released stock, maybe not with the NLS stuff. But the bump in torque down low, the added power is felt when WOT from torque peak to hp peak. Neverminding rev limit being moved from 7000rpms stock to 7150rpms. And if installed by an ASE certified mechanic, or a Ford dealership it does not void the warranty. However, it's retarded easy to do it yourself.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I installed a custom tune/ngauge on my son’s car cause i was putting headers on and I was not satisfied with the tune. The shift points were messed up and couldn’t get it corrected. So I put the power pack 2 on and it was so much better. I could actually feel the difference.
You used the PP2 with headers? Catted headers I assume.

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
You used the PP2 with headers? Catted headers I assume.
No, catless Stainless Works and no check engine light with O2 non foulers.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Is this tune worth it to get out of warranty compared to others? I want it for the low end torque. Don't really plan to do any more mods.
Also is there any noted longevity concerns people are having with it? Is it any more or less reliable than a Lund or other tune?
If warranty and carb are out of the picture tuning for e85 is a much better way to go(assuming availability in your area). May as well add long tubes with the same tune revision.

rileythemustangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Riley
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I had my Power Pack 2 installed at the Ford Nationals in 2018 and LOVED it immediately. I thought I'd lost the link from MotoIQ that evaluated the Ford Performance Power Packs, but just refound it and wanted to share it so we don't lose it. PP2 gives nearly 30 hp and 30 ft-lb over the stock GT, and to me, the best part was the big kick in the low range torque!
The linked article here was huge in helping me choose Power Pack 2 for my car over Power Pack 3, thanks for bringing that back up. Car feels so much better than stock and when paired with a catback exhaust, really livens up the crackles on decel. Also, just to back up what MotoIQ found, with PP2 installed (before the catback install) I ran 405WHP/390WTQ on the dyno. Another side note, only 92 is available near me and I haven't had any issues with it. However if you only have 91 around, the ProCal software has a check box for that, a slightly revised tune to account for the decreased octane.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I ran 405WHP/390WTQ on the dyno
I had very similar results, my car put down 403 / 395. Car was otherwise completely stock including the exhaust. A 2015-2017 car went on the dyno after mine with the loudest exhaust ever and put down upper 360s. He was confused why my quiet car made such great power. 😁

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I had very similar results, my car put down 403 / 395. Car was otherwise completely stock including the exhaust. A 2015-2017 car went on the dyno after mine with the loudest exhaust ever and put down upper 360s. He was confused why my quiet car made such great power. 😁
I had mine (PP2 on stock exhaust) at Summit Point for an HPDE weekend. A friend recorded video as I went down the straightaway at full throttle. When I got off the track, he was so excited, saying the car goes "whoosh" instead of roaring. When he showed me the video, it was true. I realized it's a great stealth car with the rumble inside much bigger than outside. Great way to NOT attract unwanted attention!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shadowdriver

Shadowdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 1994 Corvette 1984 Corvette 2015 Kawasaki ZX14R 2000Suzuki TLR1000
The linked article here was huge in helping me choose Power Pack 2 for my car over Power Pack 3, thanks for bringing that back up. Car feels so much better than stock and when paired with a catback exhaust, really livens up the crackles on decel. Also, just to back up what MotoIQ found, with PP2 installed (before the catback install) I ran 405WHP/390WTQ on the dyno. Another side note, only 92 is available near me and I haven't had any issues with it. However if you only have 91 around, the ProCal software has a check box for that, a slightly revised tune to account for the decreased octane.
That article helped me make the same decision. I DD my car in Houston and stop n go traffic is common. Low end torque was a definite want and the upper end gains were icing on the cake as it were. Def happy with my choice, no regrets.

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
How often do you need to service or replace the air filter? And does it leak water in when it rains?

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
How often do you need to service or replace the air filter? And does it leak water in when it rains?
My filter would get a little moist under the vent when it rained. I put a weighted pad over the vent whenever I parked in my driveway. Prob was unnecessary

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I've never had an issue with a wet filter even when it was parked out in the weather and only sometimes covered. I replaced the Ford paper filter with a K&N permanent filter and clean it once a year faithfully, and before the two times I took it to the track.
Sponsored