Active Exhaust Valves?

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
Hey this might sound dumb but also a smart idea? I have a 19 GT 401a package but no active exhaust :( I was wondering how effective or if its even possible to move the valves manually if i purchase a active exhaust that was i avoid the hassle of everything i wouldnt mind opening the valves and closing them
Sponsored

spectreman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
I'd ask, 'why?'

I have the active exhaust on my Bullitt & find it gimmicky at best. At first I thought, 'how cool!' but frankly, I'd rather have a singular exhaust note all the time (as all my prior cars have had) & stop fiddling w/the damn set-up every time I start the car.

Your car, your $$$. Good luck!
Lee

Dark Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Spectreman: I change my active exhaust all the time. It’s three button presses that can be made in 2-3 seconds. I also have my mode set with the track exhaust option. That way two flicks of a switch and I just went from quiet mode (for the neighbours) to track mode (once I leave my street). I find it extremely useful especially quiet start.

TC: I think it’s more involved than that. Your have to have the AE wired to your vehicle to control it. On your gauge cluster does it let you view exhaust modes? It probably isn’t programmed into it. It’s definitely possible for you to get some form of active exhaust but I’m not sure if it would be like an OEM setup.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Hey this might sound dumb but also a smart idea? I have a 19 GT 401a package but no active exhaust :( I was wondering how effective or if its even possible to move the valves manually if i purchase a active exhaust that was i avoid the hassle of everything i wouldnt mind opening the valves and closing them
I have the active exhaust mufflers, and the motors are wired and ready to install, but I just haven't had the time to wire them up, so the valves basically stay open via the simple use of friction. In certain instances, I've had one of the valves snap shut, in which case, I just use a long screwdriver to re-open the valve. It takes about four seconds to do.

Eventually, I'll get around to installing the motors...

JR

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
was i avoid the hassle of everything i wouldnt mind opening the valves and closing them
So you're going to get on your hands and knees and reach into your muffler everytime you want to open or close the exhaust valves? Seems like a hassle to me.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ust-install-guide.101913/page-40#post-3105557

You will need to confirm you have the relay, fuse and connector referenced in the above thread to start. Then, you will need to source pigtails, valves and mufflers. FORScan will allow you to unhide active exhaust settings on your instrument panel then, because you have a '19, you will have to get a custom tune to activate it in your ECM or buy a HP Tuner device with proper credits to activate it yourself.

Good luck!

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I have an active exhaust on my 2017 from XForce.

It's awesome.

I control it from both an app on my phone or simply with the click of a remote (open, or close).

With the phone, the exhaust is much more controllable.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Same here, I find it very useful. Quiet mode at start up with the internal timer clock. After I leave, I switch it over to my mode which is drag mode.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Yeah I don’t get the gimmicky part at all. The active exhaust is the only reason I tolerate the Corsa and long tubes. Otherwise I’d have gone to a different setup long ago. Car sounds like complete shit when it cold starts, at least the active in quiet mode muffles it. And any trip I do it’s nice to put it in quiet mode so you don’t have to put up with the exhaust. I’ll never own another performance car with out it. If it doesn’t come with it I’ll get a setup aftermarket since they are out. Besides magride it’s the best option I’ve purchased on a car. If you can set it up I’d do it

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Just a suggestion:

A custom electric cut-out might be an option.

Often these are set up ahead of the mufflers/cats so it's almost wide open exhaust when in use but there may be a way to place them elsewhere, like downstream from the resonators but ahead of the mufflers so the exhaust is not cartoonishly loud.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Why not just get some cut-outs installed by a custom muffler shop? Seems it would be cheaper and easier to do, unless you want all the different settings...then maybe trade up to a Mustang that has them as OEM?

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I'd ask, 'why?'

I have the active exhaust on my Bullitt & find it gimmicky at best. At first I thought, 'how cool!' but frankly, I'd rather have a singular exhaust note all the time (as all my prior cars have had) & stop fiddling w/the damn set-up every time I start the car.

Lee
I regularly cycle through my AE modes. Track mode is just way too loud to be rolling through my neighborhood with the hours that I work. I start it in Quiet and leave it there until I reach the highway, then I crank it up to Track.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'd ask, 'why?'

Lee

Totally agree, got tired of the dance at every start up. Always using exhaust. I ended up opening the valves, pulled the plug, no more dance.

In the end changed the axel back muffles and valves. To the Roush axel backs, Even better for my liking.

@ the OP, for your situation TeamDenno has the best option for your car.

Most likely the easiest installation, is a proven working system, and in the end cost effective.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i also have the Xforce switchable fitted to MY17 - simple to use and works pretty well. Only comment would be it's not as loud in the car when the valves are open as I thought (hoped) it would be but windows down it sounds pretty good. Quiet mode is great for home starts and keeps the neighbours happy

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
i also have the Xforce switchable fitted to MY17 - simple to use and works pretty well. Only comment would be it's not as loud in the car when the valves are open as I thought (hoped) it would be but windows down it sounds pretty good. Quiet mode is great for home starts and keeps the neighbours happy

Simply adding valves to stock mufflers will not be all that loud. Deleting the suit case adding X or H pipe should also be done.

Always laugh at the comment "keeps the neighbours happy". They don't give a dam if they bother you. With their noise or parking cars on the street.

I say live free or die ..
Sponsored