Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
So a lot of us Picked up the Active exhaust to keep it, however I'm sure I'm not the only one that wishes they had larger Tips/Different looking.

Has anyone seen an aftermarket company that has produced a set for those of us with active?

I know you cannot just cut and weld as per regular mufflers due to the valving etc, however I assume there would be a way to create a slip over, or something of the sort that could give you a slightly better cosmetic appeal?

I've done what searching I can find and see nothing available, and I'm not too keen on dropping 2400$ on a Corsa Active setup, nor do I need the added volume level as Texas Speed Off-Road Headers and Active on Track is plenty loud.
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I'm right there with you. While in stock form it's nice, I want more but I can't justify 2k to get better tips haha. I keep looking, but nothing yet.

OP
OP
Ls_Eater

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm right there with you. While in stock form it's nice, I want more but I can't justify 2k to get better tips haha. I keep looking, but nothing yet.
Exactly, I love the noise level that it has now (Don't get me wrong, more isn't bad), but the upgrade would be purely for the tips, and yeah 2k+ for Tips just isn't what I'm looking to do haha.

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
If you like the OEM mufflers it's all going to be custom. Any competent muffler shop should be able to put some tips on the outboard side of the OEM Active equipment, if you want to be super safe pull the valves out first so they can't jack em up and have em go to town

Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
If you like the OEM mufflers it's all going to be custom. Any competent muffler shop should be able to put some tips on the outboard side of the OEM Active equipment, if you want to be super safe pull the valves out first so they can't jack em up and have em go to town
We would agree; it is possible to have the tips changed out with some custom work, you just need to ensure the length of the tips will look correct since the valves limit how far back you can cut.

We would love to see some pics if anyone ends up doing this mod!

OP
OP
Ls_Eater

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We would agree; it is possible to have the tips changed out with some custom work, you just need to ensure the length of the tips will look correct since the valves limit how far back you can cut.

We would love to see some pics if anyone ends up doing this mod!
I'll be sure to post up some images.

Although it might come down to finding a new Cat-back entirely, All depends on the sound that I'm able to get.

I enjoy the car as is, but an H-pipe and some new tips are for sure necessary.