Sponsored

Aces IV additive/octane enhancer

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone have any experience using the Aces IV additive? I spoke to Brian (owner,chemist, physicist) on the phone yesterday in great detail about his product. It would seem to be one of the BEST additives you can buy. It basically makes internal combustion engines more efficient. I dont believe it actually raises the octane, but it essentially does the same thing by reducing knock and increasing power. There is a lot of chatter on the internet about it. NONE of it is negative . I couldnt find anything out there that is bad about it. That in itself is pretty substancial I think. Ive read a lot about Audi performance guys and some Mopar guys using it with awsome results. Not only does it provide anti-knock benefits, it also lowers the unwanted byproduct of heat caused by inefficiency. Check it out if you guys get a chance. Its pretty expensive, but you only use about 2.5oz per 15 gallons of fuel. They also sell high end oils, coolants and other products. Seems like this may be a great product line available.
Sponsored

1quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt tvs
What's the chemical make up of it? whithout raising octane its hard to believe it would prevent knock unless it's sold as a cleaner that's supposed to clean carbon on a dirty motor but running premium gas sort of does the same thing with all the deturgents added to them now

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE, Kona Blue #146, Manual
Aces

Torco or Octanium. /thread.
Was just reading up on this. It is not even comparable to Octanuim or Torco. Only similarity is that they both increase octane which is the only thing torco or octanuim do. This does that plus a lot more.

You should read up on it instead of making a canned response that contributes nothing.

From their website:

"ACES IV Gasoline Formula is designed for all regular street engines old or new where higher octane fuel power, fuel system cleaning and maintenance, and a plentiful upper cylinder lubricant are desired. With the reduction in sulfur to less than 30 ppm….which is your high pressure lubricant, and the introduction of ethyl alcohol, the need for lubricity has never been greater. Dry fuels without lubricity are the number one reason for bore and ring failure!"

"ACES IV Gasoline Formula chemically changes 87 octane fuel up to a 96 octane effect, 89 to up to 98 and 93 is improved up to a 102 Motor (112 Research) octane effect. It contains a high quality fuel injector/carburetor cleaner for proper spray patterns.
ACES IV also has 5 times the synthetic lead byproduct that produces a copious upper cylinder lubricant that reduces cylinder/bore wear by 600% and valve recession by 360%"

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I know right. :eyebulge::cheers:

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I've recently done some testing with ACES to find no octane increase or knock reduction using this. Here are my findings. All test runs were done from 3500 rpm to my shift light activation at 7300 rpm from 3rd to 4th gears. Whipple calibration and used Ngauge to log the runs. I video the gauge is what I did and had boost, lambda, knocker, spark advance and true dedicated IAT 2 sensor which I installed. I cant say I'm completely happy with the knock I was seeing especially with the 11 psi pulley as 93 octane should make the knocker happy.

93 octane last summer 3.75" whipple pulley makes 9.5-10 psi 21 degrees advance no knock

The test below were all done within a 3 day period last week.
93 octane and ACES 3.5" pulley 13 psi 15 spark advance and 3-4 degrees positive knock

91 octane with ACES non ethanol shell 3.5" 13 psi 13 spark advance and s hit load of knock 4-5 positive:eyebulge:

93 octane top tear station with ACES 3.625" 11 psi 16 spark advance 2 degrees positive knock.

VP100 canned race fuel 3.3" 14 psi pulley 18-20 degrees timing and -2 knock :headbang:

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had a feeling that would be the outcome. If it was a true miracle worker, it'd be all over the internet.

I just did some trial runs with the 3.5, 93, and Octanium. I was getting -1.5 on the knock readings. I haven't had decent enough weather lately to try full runs and log it, though. Just short single 3rd gear pulls.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Thank you for Ginny piggin it for the rest of us. Glad I stuck with Octanium. Getting tired of buying it though so I'll be going back to 93 and the 3.625 pulley once I get a 9 sec run.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
So glad it didn't blow your motor...again! BTW, what happened to your ngauge knocker?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I had a feeling that would be the outcome. If it was a true miracle worker, it'd be all over the internet.
Yup agreed! and it never added up either in my head, but I did buy it and try it so like most I'm susceptible to :frusty:
I just did some trial runs with the 3.5 and Octanium. I was getting -1.5 on the knock readings. I haven't had decent enough weather lately to try full runs and log it, though. Just short single 3rd gear pulls.
I was disappointed that I was unable to run the 3.5" on 93, but even more concerned when I was getting 2 degrees knock with the 3.625" I should not be getting knock with the 3.625"

Thanks for testing it out, Roh.
it was costly and disappointing, and time consuming. I had to drain my tank 2 times using a special rig I connect between the fuel rail connection with a T to a 5 gallon tank. The upside is I have 3 five gallons containers ready to go for my lawn tractor:headbonk:

Thank you for Ginny piggin it for the rest of us. Glad I stuck with Octanium. Getting tired of buying it though so I'll be going back to 93 and the 3.625 pulley once I get a 9 sec run.
I'm not happy with seeing almost 5 degrees knock when I first tested ACES with 93 and ACES with the 3.3". Ones I saw that I new something was wrong and put the 3.5" on.
So glad it didn't blow your motor...again! BTW, what happened to your ngauge knocker?
Thank goodness for excellent knock logic. That's all I needed was to loose another motor.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Thanks for testing it for us Shawn. Hoping for another alternative besides octanium.

Since it burned my plug :(
IMG_6806.jpg

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thanks for testing it for us Shawn. Hoping for another alternative besides octanium.

Since it burned my plug :(
Looks like it got your fingers to:lol:

I'll be send your sound tube out to Dave db252 next week. Your getting something special my friend. I hope you like WHINE!
Sponsored