Sponsored

Aces IV additive/octane enhancer

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
probably ran it for 5k miles since i pullied down to the 3.625 pulley :doh: never going to run octanium. Waiting for more results from Shawn or Dave
Was the plug actually burned/ruined? I know that Torco is said to turn plugs orange, but I don't think it's a harmful thing from what I've read on Turbo Buick/Turbo Mustang forums.
I run 16oz of Torco with every tank of gas and haven't had any issues. I recently changed my plugs with about 15k miles on them. I can post some pictures of them if anyone's curious what 15k Torco plugs look like... it sure does give them a nice orange tint.
orange tint is a function of MMT, the additive used to help reduce knock and add timing to the car. thats one of the drawbacks of using these fuel additives, more fequent plug changes and orange tint to them.
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
orange tint is a function of MMT, the additive used to help reduce knock and add timing to the car. thats one of the drawbacks of using these fuel additives, more fequent plug changes and orange tint to them.
You can change your plugs out, but if MMT's are turning plug orange and deteriorating them makes, me wonder what it's doing to your piston and rings.:eyebulge:

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can change your plugs out, but if MMT's are turning plug orange and deteriorating them makes, me wonder what it's doing to your piston and rings.:eyebulge:
protecting it from knock?:shrug:

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Of course I just received some of this Aces stuff as well... I wonder if doubling the dosage would do anything? I currently have the equivalent of 99 octane in the tank with 3.5" pulley with no knock detected so I have to run this tank through to test the Aces..

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
protecting it from knock?:shrug:
:lol:
Of course I just received some of this Aces stuff as well... I wonder if doubling the dosage would do anything? I currently have the equivalent of 99 octane in the tank with 3.5" pulley with no knock detected so I have to run this tank through to test the Aces..
Have you tried the 3.5" with 93 only. If so do you recal the knock value.

As far as ACES doubling the strength, Brain of BND says it adds lubricity and cooling affect to the combustion chamber and cylinder walls that can help. I've testing doubling and so has db252 without getting any reduced knock. I'm looking forward to Brian's working with us to increase the knock resistance of his ACES for us. I will be testing it along with db252, 4orceFed and Jmeo.

Sponsored

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when you either

a. have your second motor explode (albeit for a different reason this time)

or

b. realize he also is putting MMT or tolulene in this product.

dont say i didnt tell you.

if you are saying its burning plugs based off of one photo in this thread, i believe you would be mistaken.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
when you either

a. have your second motor explode (albeit for a different reason this time)

or

b. realize he also is putting MMT or tolulene in this product.

dont say i didnt tell you.

if you are saying its burning plugs based off of one photo in this thread, i believe you would be mistaken.
Easy man! I was really laughing because your comment was to the point. Detonation kills motors I get it.

As for running Octanium, I know Dustin Whipple has run it in his car for a long time and says he's seen no detrimental effects. I just don't like the effects it has on cats plugs and possibly other things.

I monitor knock and won't be pushing boost past the octane limits I can get my hands on. Not wanting to replace another motor for sure.

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Easy man! I was really laughing because your comment was to the point. Detonation kills motors I get it.

As for running Octanium, I know Dustin Whipple has run it in his car for a long time and says he's seen no detrimental effects. I just don't like the effects it has on cats plugs and possibly other things.

I monitor knock and won't be pushing boost past the octane limits I can get my hands on. Not wanting to replace another motor for sure.
i thought you were laughing at me.

torco claims it doesnt harm cats and im willing to test that with my stock cats. they also claim it wont harm 02 sensors as well.

plugs? ehhhhh. it IS a pain in the ass to change plugs on a PD blower though :frusty:

its all good man :cheers:

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
i thought you were laughing at me.

torco claims it doesnt harm cats and im willing to test that with my stock cats. they also claim it wont harm 02 sensors as well.

plugs? ehhhhh. it IS a pain in the ass to change plugs on a PD blower though :frusty:

its all good man :cheers:
Yeah I'm generally a straight shooter and don't fuck with people like that. I like to keep my attitude in check, helps to keep it real:thumbsup:

What blower unit do you have? Whipple's are very easy to get to.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So,....just trowing this out there.
I have heard it's not really safe to run a meth kit with a supercharger back in the day, but what if someone ran a Snow performance kit? I heard that back in the day, so what about currently? Are there any pros and cons that you guys/gals can think of?
One pro is that it's cheap for the mix. Turns 93 octane into 116 race quality fuel.

Check it out here:
http://www.snowperformance.net/Gas-water-methanol-injection-kits-s/100.htm

Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have heard it's not really safe to run a meth kit with a supercharger back in the day, but what if someone ran a Snow performance kit? I heard that back in the day, so what about currently? Are there any pros and cons that you guys/gals can think of?
One pro is that it's cheap for the mix. Turns 93 octane into 116 race quality fuel.

Check it out here:
The main issue I've seen with the Meth kits on PD blowers is placement. I've seen people sucking the nozzles dry on shifts and going pretty lean.

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I'm generally a straight shooter and don't fuck with people like that. I like to keep my attitude in check, helps to keep it real:thumbsup:

What blower unit do you have? Whipple's are very easy to get to.
#rearinletproblems

kenne bell.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
:lol:

Have you tried the 3.5" with 93 only. If so do you recal the knock value.

As far as ACES doubling the strength, Brain of BND says it adds lubricity and cooling affect to the combustion chamber and cylinder walls that can help. I've testing doubling and so has db252 without getting any reduced knock. I'm looking forward to Brian's working with us to increase the knock resistance of his ACES for us. I will be testing it along with db252, 4orceFed and Jmeo.
No, i just put the pulley on saturday. Just turned 1k on the new motor. Will do a test run later in the week and let you know. 92miles a day round trip, gas doesnt last too long. Lol

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The main issue I've seen with the Meth kits on PD blowers is placement. I've seen people sucking the nozzles dry on shifts and going pretty lean.
The reason I ask is, the LSx guys have been using it on the Z06 and CTS-V's with good results. (Look at any of the killer, high HP/TQ builds that Vengeance Racing has done on Youtube. They use A LOT of meth kits on the builds they do.)
(I know I'm talking apples to oranges here in engines, but the Snow Performance basically would do the same for either engine I would assume?)

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Check it out here:

True for some dam reason the one way check valve even if placed close to the nozzle can leak at times and suck the line dry. Therefor the best placement is in the inlet elbow before the throttle body. At that point there is no vacuum. My thinking is if I can run a smaller pulley like a 3.5" where on 93 I get 3-4 postive knock at times, but with meth get it to run clean then I'm golden. The knock logic will save your motor if the meth fails for some reason, 3-4 degrees knock is no problem for the system to control safely. Not to say that running a pulley that would consistently make 3-4 degrees knock is good or smart as it won't make great power that way, but it won't kill your motor if it happeneds. I'm going to try and setup my NGauge to set an alarm or light if knock hits 4 positive knock that way I'll know if something's up.
Sponsored