Accessory mode on bullitt?

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2019 Bullitt, Mazda CX9
Is it possible to get into accessory mode without starting the car?

I like to listen to music when I am cleaning the car..

so wondering if it’s possible to keep the radio or XM on for sometime, when it Armor All the interior.
Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Just hit the start button with foot off the brake...

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
as LxMike said, but also, dont put the clutch in

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Keep an eye on the state of charge for the battery, otherwise hook it to a charger that will maintain a constant 12 volts.

number 6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Also, you can hit the radio power button (by itself) and the radio will come on.
At least mine works like that. Not sure how long it will stay on using that method.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would imagine doing it this way without putting it into accessory mode, it will shut down after a few minutes (or immediately) of opening the door.

Also, you can hit the radio power button (by itself) and the radio will come on.
At least mine works like that. Not sure how long it will stay on using that method.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I would imagine doing it this way without putting it into accessory mode, it will shut down after a few minutes (or immediately) of opening the door.
It won't shut down when opening the door (I used to play music in the car this way when I parked every morning I got to work early, killing some time before getting out and walking toward the office).

The radio will shut off after a certain amount of time.

OP - Pressing the power button on the radio also uses less battery than pressing the start button once, as the modules are not powered on, and the dash is not lit up, etc., as it would be when you put the ignition in "on" position.

OP
OP
Rambosupreme

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2019 Bullitt, Mazda CX9
Thanks for the speedy responses. Will try this in the AM :)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
You are right that it will continue to play after opening the door, I walked out to the car and gave it a try.

It won't shut down when opening the door (I used to play music in the car this way when I parked every morning I got to work early, killing some time before getting out and walking toward the office).

The radio will shut off after a certain amount of time.

OP - Pressing the power button on the radio also uses less battery than pressing the start button once, as the modules are not powered on, and the dash is not lit up, etc., as it would be when you put the ignition in "on" position.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey guys, the Bullitt (and all Mustangs with push-button start, I assume) DO NOT have accessory mode, unfortunately. What you get when pressing the button without clutch or brake is IGNITION mode, which depletes the battery quickly, so I would not do that for any length of time. As far as the stereo being operational after shutting the engine off it should only happen while the doors are closed. But if the car allows it with doors open (and ignition off), that would lead to the least battery juice used.
Sponsored