Jinglez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Good Morning Everyone..

Unsure how it is in the US at the moment but here in the UK it appears very easy to steal a car with keyless entry (taking about 20 seconds in some cases). So I when I got my Bullitt I purchased some Faraday bags for the keys and also got a Ghost Immobiliser installed after seeing some good reviews online. I must say it is a simple (and clever) bit of kit - in a nutshell - in order to start the car you must start the ignition and then enter a code using the buttons on the steering wheel, door and/or centre console and then the immobiliser is disarmed and then you can start the thunder!

I have no complaints about how being secure it is - however it seems to occasionally set off my engine management light! Which considering this is my first new cars for many years gives me a niggle that something is wrong with the engine. It then takes a while for the light to switch off - normally after I mess around with the arming/disarming of the kit.

Just wondering if anyone else has experience around these and any advice?

Oh and I have seen another Bullitt around Pangbourne, Reading, Berks and wondered if it was anyone on here?

Many thanks
Sponsored

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Good Morning Everyone..

Unsure how it is in the US at the moment but here in the UK it appears very easy to steal a car with keyless entry (taking about 20 seconds in some cases). So I when I got my Bullitt I purchased some Faraday bags for the keys and also got a Ghost Immobiliser installed after seeing some good reviews online. I must say it is a simple (and clever) bit of kit - in a nutshell - in order to start the car you must start the ignition and then enter a code using the buttons on the steering wheel, door and/or centre console and then the immobiliser is disarmed and then you can start the thunder!

I have no complaints about how being secure it is - however it seems to occasionally set off my engine management light! Which considering this is my first new cars for many years gives me a niggle that something is wrong with the engine. It then takes a while for the light to switch off - normally after I mess around with the arming/disarming of the kit.

Just wondering if anyone else has experience around these and any advice?

Oh and I have seen another Bullitt around Pangbourne, Reading, Berks and wondered if it was anyone on here?

Many thanks
Hi, I was thinking of fitting a Ghost alarm on my car until l did some digging & found some installers will not fit these due to problems you are having interfering with the engine management electrics & BMW won't warranty the car if you fit a Ghost alarm.
Its most likely your alarm & not an engine problem.

OP
OP

Jinglez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I think I have now solved the problem - I think I was too eager! Basically I think that I was too fast disarming the alarm before the ignition system had done its thing - and because of this the alarm gave me a the warning light! Apart from my little issue I can completely recommend this product - it just makes your vehicle that bit more secure!

If anyone is interested (and i am not affiliated to this company in any way!) I used these guys and they were spot on.. https://autowatch.co.uk/veh-sec/ghost-2-menu
Sponsored