Sponsored

AC blower motor surge??

Musclecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I've noticed the erratic fan speed only happens during the summer. The gurgling noise is always there when the AC is on. (I'm in Houston; I use the AC year round.) Maybe sitting outside in the heat affects the controller?

I have a replacement fan speed controller; I'll get around to installing it sometime in the next few weeks.
Let me know how it works out. Also are you still on your original evaporator coil and compressor? I am but reading all the posts makes it sound like they all fail. (Knock on wood).
Sponsored

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
Yes, everything is all original. 2016 with 90k miles on it.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Mines been doing that since the maybe 14 months after core replacement. But seems to go between A/C mode and then fresh outside air, just keeps repeating 15ish seconds. I have a filter to replace it wondering if it is clogged up.... Almost at 27k on the 2016 GT....

Musclecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Mines been doing that since the maybe 14 months after core replacement. But seems to go between A/C mode and then fresh outside air, just keeps repeating 15ish seconds. I have a filter to replace it wondering if it is clogged up.... Almost at 27k on the 2016 GT....
Still on original core. Please post after the filter change and if it clears this up.

Sponsored

Musclecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
When it does this is the recirculate button on or off?

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
When it does this is the recirculate button on or off?
Does it when it is on. Even in the morning when I do the windshield washer fluid I can smell it through the vents. Pretty annoying, so I get maybe 10 seconds of cabin air then maybe 20 seconds of outside air.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I am late to the party on this thread but I definitely have this issue. Is there a fix?

Deleted member 35786

I've noticed the erratic fan speed only happens during the summer. The gurgling noise is always there when the AC is on. (I'm in Houston; I use the AC year round.) Maybe sitting outside in the heat affects the controller?

I have a replacement fan speed controller; I'll get around to installing it sometime in the next few weeks.
You have more details on this? What part numbers, and location of this item in the dash? Please let us know.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

My '17 V6 did it, my '18 EB coupe does it, haven't heard my '18 EB Vert do it. Haven't found it worth the hassle to take it in. It probably wouldn't do it if I did take it in, and it'd be "Can't Duplicate Issue".

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
You have more details on this? What part numbers, and location of this item in the dash? Please let us know.
Replaced it today. It didn't help a bit. Part number is FR3B 19E624 AA. Same number as the one I pulled out, which I think means it has not been updated. Only takes a few minutes and no tools to swap out, btw.

This guy says replacing the fan motor will fix it, but I don't find any other threads to back that up:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-resistor-fix-inconsistent-fan-issues.122497/

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Replaced it today. It didn't help a bit. Part number is FR3B 19E624 AA. Same number as the one I pulled out, which I think means it has not been updated. Only takes a few minutes and no tools to swap out, btw.

This guy says replacing the fan motor will fix it, but I don't find any other threads to back that up:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-resistor-fix-inconsistent-fan-issues.122497/

i think he’s just trying to sell his parts. nothing i’ve read confirms what he’s saying.

Deleted member 35786

I do notice mine does it a little at low fan speeds. Might have it checked out this summer since the b2b warranty expires in August.

Deleted member 35786

Think the part number has changed. Look at No.7 in this parts breakdown.
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...gas-engine/hvac-cat/blower-motor-and-fan-scat
Sponsored