AC blower motor surge??

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Yes.... count me as another with the same issue on the V6. The blower does kind of sound like a breeze or windy....a little louder, then quieter at times. Its been this way since day 1 but I never requested service on it.

Also I don't understand why one person says they replaced their blower motor and it solved the problem while another person said they replaced theirs and it did not.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
I have a base ecoboost to so no automatic climate control.

Not sure why the new blower motor didn't fix it either when it fixed someone elses. Unless the one I got was built during a certain period when they were defective and maybe the newer ones being produced are not defective? I dunno.

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
Ok. Got a call from my service advisor. Dropped the car off last Thursday and was told that they were replacing the FCIM. Car was done later in the day. So far not issues anymore. Constant blower speed. I attached a copy of the repair order.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Interesting. The part number listed on your work order is called "
Audio Unit Display Human Machine Interface 2 ICE Noise Reduction Module" on this diagram.
FCIM.PNG

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
Interesting. The part number listed on your work order is called "
Audio Unit Display Human Machine Interface 2 ICE Noise Reduction Module" on this diagram.
Lol..I looked over the RO for another part number but nothing..it's weird the tech labels it as the FCIM but the part number describes something different..Unless the tech used basic terminology in describing the part? FCIM might be a more common description then Audio unit display blah blah blah......maybe someone with more knowledge might chime in..or any ford techs on the forum?:shrug:

Edit. Never mind I see that part #19980 is labeled as the FCIM..Thats weird

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I'm not sure where I've read this..... It's supposed to simulate a natural breeze. This air flow was actually designed that way. Nissan, for example, had the same feature..... It was referred by them as 'Breezy Air'. They described it as: a gentle, fluctuating "natural breezes" by randomly changing the volume of air flowing through the upper and front vent outlets for greater occupant comfort.
BTW, My GT does the same.....
Actually heard that damn sound the other day while waiting for the wife at the store. Funny thing was I couldn't feel any air movement from any of the vents.:tsk:

dfrost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp Guard.
I have a base GT and its done this on occasions at low fan speeds.
I converted to MFT, and while I've had the front panel off several times I noticed that the blower motor would stop surging. After removing everything and putting back together for testing.. In other words, everything not back 100% , it would surge again. I finished the install, made sure everything is tight and have not noticed any surging. Makes me wonder if it could just be poor connection to the FCIM or in the module. :shrug:
Not sure what in stock form controls the climate. Now the APIM allows it to Sync and can also control via voice commands. I never tried this stock, so unsure if it worked.
The oddest thing is before I would have to have the blower speed on 3 or above to feel like I was getting any air flow. Now, I can keep on 1-2, and after car cools off, 1 freezes you out of the car. Feels like the same airflow i used to have for speed 3. Know others have mentioned same issue as well. Odd... Definitely odd.
Sounds like the tech did his job and found the issue with Jesse R car. Time will tell. This just makes me believe it's somewhere in the FP. Can't be CB, as I'm using the stock one. Would like to see someone else go to Ford and have the FP checked.

Last edited:

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
Sounds like the tech did his job and found the issue with Jesse R car. Time will tell.
Time has told...it's back again..:lol:..though not as bad this time. The past week was great no surging but today I noticed it during the day.. I might take it back in next week..not sure yet:frusty:

Sponsored

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
Mine started doing it too.

dfrost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp Guard.
Time has told...it's back again..:lol:..though not as bad this time. The past week was great no surging but today I noticed it during the day.. I might take it back in next week..not sure yet:frusty:
Sorry to hear that. Hoped the fix was found.
It's been about a month and haven't had it return.

~X~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I've had my car since late June and although I'm not sure when mine started doing this I do know that this issue wasn't present for at least the first few weeks I had the car.
It's annoying when it happens but at least it's not all the time which leads me to believe it is an issue that Ford hasn't figured out how to fix (much like the cooled seat problem) and not some "unlisted feature".

There's not much too complain about this car but the issues I do have seem to bother me quite a bit. Hopefully someone who takes their car in will get it fixed permanently. I won't have the chance until next summer, unless my dealer gives me a rental.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
My car started doing this a couple weeks ago. Glad I'm not the only person, but I'm bummed to see that there has been run-around by dealers, and that the issue has returned for certain folks.

I'm calling my dealer today to schedule a check-up. I have a couple other issues I want them to look at, as well.

JR
Sponsored