AC AUTO button won't disable

OP
OP

Stang_inang_yan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
None worked. Like I mentioned above, I was able to disable it either from the touch screen or button from the day that I got it. Remember, the button and the screen are redundant to each other.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Today the AirCon AUTO button won't disable. Even the touch screen won't disable it.

Anyone having this issue so far?
I think I had this happen in my GT the other day. I had to turn off the climate control all together, then turn it right back on and the Auto A/C was then off.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Mine wouldn't work the other day either. I'm almost positive I could turn it off by toggling it before.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I just want to note here, my girlfriends new Hyundai Sonata works just like the ones here. Auto button turns auto on but not off. Did it from the day she bought it.

With due respect, "I'm almost positive" isn't sure enough. Need someone absolutely sure theirs has been that way. One person says his always turned auto off also. Everyone else, auto doesn't turn it off. I wonder which is not working as intended?

I'm going to go by and play with a new one one day but may be week after next before I can.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stang_inang_yan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Something is definitely wrong. My neighbor's '15 GT AC Auto works by toggling either hardware button or on screen. This could be fix by a software update I'm sure.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I suppose it's possible there could be variations in the control modules, but that would only serve to foster confusion. Bottom line, I don't think Auto is actually supposed to be a toggle. It wasn't in my '13 and my '15 follows suit. The owner's manual has nothing to say about it either.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I just want to note here, my girlfriends new Hyundai Sonata works just like the ones here. Auto button turns auto on but not off. Did it from the day she bought it.

With due respect, "I'm almost positive" isn't sure enough. Need someone absolutely sure theirs has been that way. One person says his always turned auto off also. Everyone else, auto doesn't turn it off. I wonder which is not working as intended?

I'm going to go by and play with a new one one day but may be week after next before I can.
I agree, but it's all I've got. Maybe I was confused and it never actually toggled. I tested it yesterday and it didn't toggle.
Sponsored