Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
2014 GT Premium MSRP - $35,510
2015 GT Premium MSRP - $36,925

idk...seems pretty reasonable to me for all that was improved...

edit: responded to the wrong person!
Fake news, now go line item by line item options and the price bumps on every option.
Ford knows very few units will be optionless base msrp cars. it isn't a 1300 dollar bump in price when optioned as most would buy/order a sports car/Mustang and the dealers will put on the lots. it is more like a 3-4 grand or more difference. with the D/H being 12 grand more than the Mach1 base msrp.
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Was surprised to see Gas Guzzler Tax on the S650 GT looking at the window sticker, I felt the engine updates looked backwards to me, 20HP more and worse MPG. I have the Ford Calibration Kit which may add a little more HP from 460 and I still get 30+ MPG on the freeway with the A10.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Was surprised to see Gas Guzzler Tax on the S650 GT looking at the window sticker, I felt the engine updates looked backwards to me, 20HP more and worse MPG. I have the Ford Calibration Kit which may add a little more HP from 460 and I still get 30+ MPG on the freeway with the A10.
I'm surprised all performance cars are not hit with it. You, know, I know, and they know, no one is driving these type cars like the mpg testing cycle.
Imagine if the tested them like the average buyer drives them, ouch.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I would say half of the S650 haters within a year are going to break down and get an S650, its just inevitable. All joking aside, I too have some issues with the S650. My main detriment is its just not that different, other than the dash, from the S550. I have a somewhat low mileage 2020 S550 and to go a further $30-40k in debt for what is basically the same car is somewhat a damper on the urge to sell and move on with an S650.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I would say half of the S650 haters within a year are going to break down and get an S650, its just inevitable. All joking aside, I too have some issues with the S650. My main detriment is its just not that different, other than the dash, from the S550. I have a somewhat low mileage 2020 S550 and to go a further $30-40k in debt for what is basically the same car is somewhat a damper on the urge to sell and move on with an S650.
HALF? dude, its a fifty thousand dollar car, nobody has to buy anything. most of the hate is coming from s550 owners that love their cars.

i'd rather have a GR86 than a S650 mustang.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised all performance cars are not hit with it. You, know, I know, and they know, no one is driving these type cars like the mpg testing cycle.
Imagine if the tested them like the average buyer drives them, ouch.
I know but I was referring more to to an optic of a more efficient engine (advanced and refined) more for the tech and capability. But now getting a gas guzzler added to the next gen base. Wish the electric hybrid AWD concept was offered. I would go for a hybrid AWD V8 Mustang.

If I had no Mustang now and was shopping for one, yes I would accept the S650 for a new car. Its just the next generation etc.

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've been on this forum for a couple years now and what I've learnt is just how shitty the S550 is. The stock suspension sucks, the wheel hop is terrible, the brakes fade way too fast, the panel fitment is awful, the cheap plastic in the interior, the crap sound system, the tail panel scratches too easily, the cylinder heads run too hot, they burn too much oil, the lug nuts are crap, the shark fin antenna is ugly, the BBQ tick ruins the driving experience. Thank god nobody is forcing us buy that updated model.
Are you implying, or do you know for a fact that any of those items have been addressed with the "updated model"
You will see same threads about suspension, wheels, lugnuts, sound system, etc on the S650 forum, or has Ford improved all of that?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
HALF? dude, its a fifty thousand dollar car, nobody has to buy anything. most of the hate is coming from s550 owners that love their cars.

I understand they are $50K+ cars, however I still owe $20K on my 2020 S550. After buying out the 2020 I would be another $30-40k in debt. My comment is based on that everytime a new model comes out there is these haters that within 6-12mos. end up getting the newer model. Its just the nature of the beast.

IMHO you need to have your head examined to want a GR86 over an S650. Then again I am one of the few on this board that actually like the new G87 M2.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I understand they are $50K+ cars, however I still owe $20K on my 2020 S550. After buying out the 2020 I would be another $30-40k in debt. My comment is based on that everytime a new model comes out there is these haters that within 6-12mos. end up getting the newer model. Its just the nature of the beast.

IMHO you need to have your head examined to want a GR86 over an S650. Then again I am one of the few on this board that actually like the new G87 M2.
head examined, huh? the GR86 is well put together and a great car for its price with an emphasis on a fun driving experience over brute speed. its been said that fun the only performance metric that really matters. furthermore, i've been chasing rattles and squeeks in this car and trying to get it in for service for 10 weeks.

when ford figures out how to get its shit together and actually service their products in a reasonable amount of time I'll stop looking over the fence at other cars that don't need to be fixed as soon as they roll off the factory line.

dont get me wrong, i love this car, but the wheel hop was ATROCIOUS and im convinced it tore diff bushings and i've spent weeks dealing with random squeaks from the rear passenger airbags sand other things in the car that ford didn't properly secure or isolate.

why? because not only can i not get the car in for service but frankly i don't trust them to actually solve the problems.

this car is great and i want a new ranger but ford needs to get its shit together because they lost me on the new mustang completely.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Are you implying, or do you know for a fact that any of those items have been addressed with the "updated model"
You will see same threads about suspension, wheels, lugnuts, sound system, etc on the S650 forum, or has Ford improved all of that?
I have no idea if any of those issues have been addressed. It was a tongue in cheek comment about all the negative threads about the S550 and now that there's a new model to crap on everyone wants to praise how the S550 is so much better than the S650. Personally I find it's just a bunch of whining from people who don't have to buy a new car if they like their current car.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I know but I was referring more to to an optic of a more efficient engine (advanced and refined) more for the tech and capability. But now getting a gas guzzler added to the next gen base. Wish the electric hybrid AWD concept was offered. I would go for a hybrid AWD V8 Mustang.

If I had no Mustang now and was shopping for one, yes I would accept the S650 for a new car. Its just the next generation etc.
More heft takes more fuel to get movin,movin. Somewhat soft lower end torque curve don't help the cause.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
head examined, huh? the GR86 is well put together and a great car for its price with an emphasis on a fun driving experience over brute speed. its been said that fun the only performance metric that really matters. furthermore, i've been chasing rattles and squeeks in this car and trying to get it in for service for 10 weeks.

when ford figures out how to get its shit together and actually service their products in a reasonable amount of time I'll stop looking over the fence at other cars that don't need to be fixed as soon as they roll off the factory line.

dont get me wrong, i love this car, but the wheel hop was ATROCIOUS and im convinced it tore diff bushings and i've spent weeks dealing with random squeaks from the rear passenger airbags sand other things in the car that ford didn't properly secure or isolate.

why? because not only can i not get the car in for service but frankly i don't trust them to actually solve the problems.

this car is great and i want a new ranger but ford needs to get its shit together because they lost me on the new mustang completely.
If you think the Gr86 doesn't have rattles and problems off the showroom floor, I got a nice bridge for a great price for you.
I will admit it is what the foxbody was in the 80's early 90's. fun ,somewhat underpowered, car. with head gasket problems from day one.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
If you think the Gr86 doesn't have rattles and problems off the showroom floor, I got a nice bridge for a great price for you.
I will admit it is what the foxbody was in the 80's early 90's. fun ,somewhat underpowered, car. with head gasket problems from day one.
how's the body panel fitment and wheel hop? oh and does it cost 50K?

these are important factors.

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
guys, last night i had this horrible dream. it felt so real. I just can't even describe it any other way.
i dreamt that i traded my s550 in on an S650.... and it even had the light interior.
WTF is wrong with me and how do i make it stop?

89b80a52-17b5-48ba-92ed-1b240612e5bb-text.gif

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue

Yeah i have also watched a few reviews on the GR86 and BRZ and M2/240i, reviews are all pretty good on them, have you ever driven a GR86? i never have but if one shows up around my area i might test drive one. the engine on them kinda worries me though, not a lot of power and that boxer design and the RTV issues some had. it does weigh about 1000 pounds less than a GT though, & like how analog it is, no ipad screens
Sponsored