Jupiter Sean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS Blk
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up a 2017 z51 and love it. My 2017 whippled cali special will leave it embarrassed. It may win the beauty contest though...
1000004968.jpg
1000004894.jpg
1000004890.jpg

1000004968.jpg

1000004894.jpg

1000004890.jpg
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Are the R888R's much better than the ps4's?
In the dry, yes youā€™ll get better grip. In the rain? Say your prayers and hold on tight

OP
OP

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
here is my only run against a vette , gave him a solid 2-3 second jump
That 10speed is a beast. Have a dyno tune set up for June 14th. I'll have the griptec pulley on and I'll see if anything is up with the car. Andy did you have your nannies turned off for that run?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
That 10speed is a beast. Have a dyno tune set up for June 14th. I'll have the griptec pulley on and I'll see if anything is up with the car. Andy did you have your nannies turned off for that run?
In track mode with TCS off, my motor blew up twice since that run though and my transmission had to be rebuilt all like a year after that though

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
That is definitely belt slip. A griptec pulley will slow down the slip at the expense of belt life.

I DD my car at least 2x per week and run on MT Street SS on the rear. Im making around 800whp on my 10 psi setting and these tires hook at the power level leaving in 2nd gear on 10r80.

If you insist on no DR's at least look at some R888R's or something along those lines.
What turbos are you running?

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I can't with these 373s. Would prob already be around 6krpms plus it will blow the tires off. I have 305 nitto g2 on the rear. But It would just kick the car out if I punched it in 3rd.
G2s in the rear? Well I have to commend you for not wrapping it around a tree. Get that shit off there and get the R2s. You can even run R2s in the rear and G2s in the front to save a few bucks but they need to come off the ass end.

Also, how the hell are you heat soaking that quickly with a whipple? Especially the latest version. Something doesn't sound right there as they are typically good at avoiding that. Quickly heat soaking is a Roush problem lol.

EDIT: And I dont get the hate for the new C8s. Sure they made it look like an exotic supercar, but at this point, at least for the ZO6, it kinda is. Say what you want on the aesthetics, but it would be crazy to say what theyve done with the mechanical aspect is stupid. Making the Corvette a mid engine truly made it a proper sports car. It should have been done 50 years ago. It already had prowess on the track but now with a mid engine it is far more balanced and refined and can go toe to toe with cars considered supercars in their own right.

Only reason i don't have one is the ridiculous markups. But if i found one for a decent price id trade my GT in a heartbeat (no pun intended). I wouldn't even mind loosing a couple hundred HP

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
G2s in the rear? Well I have to commend you for not wrapping it around a tree. Get that shit off there and get the R2s. You can even run R2s in the rear and G2s in the front to save a few bucks but they need to come off the ass end.

Also, how the hell are you heat soaking that quickly with a whipple? Especially the latest version. Something doesn't sound right there as they are typically good at avoiding that. Quickly heat soaking is a Roush problem.

Maybe it wasn't heat soaking. Just assuming it was. It was still pulling the same so maybe not. I agree. I love the c8 myself. If I could afford one I'd have one. Definitely gonna get better tires on the rear.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Same here. C7 is my favorite Vette. Iā€™ve been looking on and off for one as a funmobile šŸ˜Ž
I think they look great and perform very well. I really like the idea of the 'vette, but to me every generation has just enough issues that I probably won't buy. For the C7 I don't like the removable top on a track car. The cabin is too tight C5-C7 all of them are short on headroom so I don't fit with a helmet. The car is heavier than I would prefer. The C7 spec I want is GS, but the GM wheels are defective on that model.

I know none of that is a total deal breaker for most people. It just sucks when you like a car, but there are slightly too many flaws.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Love the C7. The C7 Z06 is the sweet spot IMO. Almost traded my beloved ā€˜21 ZL1 for a ā€˜19 Z06 7 speed last summer but decided I still needed back seats. The C7 ZR-1 is too pricey right now, but itā€™s the king of all time American sports cars.

edited to add: I agree your whippled GT should smoke a stock base C7 despite the approx 600 lbs weight difference. Are you rolling into the throttle or smashing into it? A quick roll into the throttle will help transfer the weight and settle the rear better than a quick stab of the go pedal. Or you can go 1/2 throttle immediately, then a few tenths of a sec later go to full throttle. Just something to transfer the weight to the rear.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
edited to add: I agree your whippled GT should smoke a stock base C7 despite the approx 600 lbs weight difference. Are you rolling into the throttle or smashing into it? A quick roll into the throttle will help transfer the weight and settle the rear better than a quick stab of the go pedal. Or you can go 1/2 throttle immediately, then a few tenths of a sec later go to full throttle. Just something to transfer the weight to the rear.
[/QUOTE]

I roll into it. If I stab it it will break the back end loose. I can still feel it wanting to hold the car back. I'm gonna have to try it without the nannies on.

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Not performing how I would expect with 710 whp​
Either from the manual, or something else hindering you​
For the record, I raced a c7 vs my gt500 when I was completely stock, doing pulls around 40-60 ā€¦ by the time I would get to 110 I would have a solid school bus or two in between us. That was average from 5 runs. There was never a need to get to 130 for the gap to be ridiculous.​

It was so bad in fact, the guy was yelling ā€œyouā€™re not stock!!ā€ with the windows down after about the third run when he realized it wasnā€™t a fluke. I donā€™t think he knew what a GT500 was.​
another story​
I had a 2019 PP1 with the a10. With just a catback exhaust I beat a stock c7 on the street with it as well.​

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think they look great and perform very well. I really like the idea of the 'vette, but to me every generation has just enough issues that I probably won't buy. For the C7 I don't like the removable top on a track car. The cabin is too tight C5-C7 all of them are short on headroom so I don't fit with a helmet. The car is heavier than I would prefer. The C7 spec I want is GS, but the GM wheels are defective on that model.

I know none of that is a total deal breaker for most people. It just sucks when you like a car, but there are slightly too many flaws.
Oddly enough, I feel like I fit better in a C7 than a C8. Iā€™ve been in my brother-in-lawā€™s C8 quite a few times and I feel cramped. And thatā€™s with the top down (he has a vert).

I agree with you, the GS is the C7 I would go for (and I shop for on and off). I would ditch the stock wheels in a heartbeat for a nice set of forged wheels (most likely Signature Wheels).

I get it with the removable hard top being on track. I guess I take comfort in knowing thereā€™s plenty of C7ā€™s that hold up fine on track. I wouldnā€™t be taking it to the track much anyway, maybe a couple HPDE or Track Night in America type events. Just to keep working on getting better, Iā€™m probably Novice+ at best at this point.
Sponsored