Sponsored

A few comments on a Lund tune I just flashed in..

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
For those with the ngauge, what are you using/going to use for a crank relearn?
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Correct. Doing a crank relearn after every flash isn't necessary.
But when it is you need the ability to do it. I am sure the Ngauge must have the option in a sub menu somewhere otherwise he won't be able to clear the CELL as a simple clear DTC won't do, it will just come back.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
The only time you need to do a crank relearn for the most part is after a clutch has been done.

SCT X4, a Procal, and HP tuners all have the capability of doing this along with an IDS tool.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
The only time you need to do a crank relearn for the most part is after a clutch has been done.

SCT X4, a Procal, and HP tuners all have the capability of doing this along with an IDS tool.
This. Or maybe opg/cams/anything involving the engine timing.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
After a few miles drive I've got a few more coments

The engine doesn't return to idle promptly like it used to do, even if even before the tune the engine wasn't that quick to slow down anyway.

This sounds like the infamous "rev hanging" issue that many of us have experienced. I can notice it with the stock intake and tune but only because I'm looking for it, but for some reason the CAI and tune along with the exhaust really makes it noticeable, and super annoying. I've yet to find a full fix, and I've gotten both Lund and Steeda tunes to try and fix it and neither company can seem to fix it for me. I read from some users that Steeda tunes were able to fix it, but not so much for me :frusty:

It is damn near embarrassing to drive this car sometimes, since coming to a stop driving around in a parking lot or whatever it will just hang and hang and must sound stupid from the outside because it annoys the crap out of me from the inside!

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
This sounds like the infamous "rev hanging" issue that many of us have experienced. I can notice it with the stock intake and tune but only because I'm looking for it, but for some reason the CAI and tune along with the exhaust really makes it noticeable, and super annoying. I've yet to find a full fix, and I've gotten both Lund and Steeda tunes to try and fix it and neither company can seem to fix it for me. I read from some users that Steeda tunes were able to fix it, but not so much for me :frusty:

It is damn near embarrassing to drive this car sometimes, since coming to a stop driving around in a parking lot or whatever it will just hang and hang and must sound stupid from the outside because it annoys the crap out of me from the inside!
Does it still happen after you flash back to stock?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Panic

How are you liking the Lund tune?

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Does it still happen after you flash back to stock?
Yeah but it seems more noticeable with the tune. I don't have a lot of time with stock tune since I have the JLT and the car won't run without the tune. Everything I read and what the dealer told me is the rev hanging is "normal" and the theory is it is for emissions or something dumb like that. I hate it with a passion....

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I must be the only one who loves it. Makes DD'ing the car so easy.

OP
OP
panic

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Panic

How are you liking the Lund tune?
I found out they sent me the wrong tune (it was for the CAI with the insert while I have the one without it), it's a pain in that place but Lund sent me the right one already and I'm going to flash it next week...

Sponsored

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Crank relearn not an option yet for Ngauge users.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Today mine had a lil hiccup. Got gas and re-started the car. It idled real low for a sec then stalled. Re-started and everything was fine. It has only done this once since the Lund tune. Prob not even related.

OP
OP
panic

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well, sorry to bring back an ''old'' thread but I have to clarify and rewind the whole thing...

The tune I had flashed at first wasn't the one for my application, it was for a no-tune Steeda CAI for this very reason the engine didn't pull over 4/5000 rpms, I've just flashed in the right tune this morning (which Lund mailed me at once) and the car goes like...

A BEAST!!!!

It might had lost something below 3500/4000 rpms but over 4k it goes like a storm.

Thanks to Lund (the ngauge is easy to work with...) and to Steeda for its superb CAI.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Flashed my lund ff tune this weekend and car feels great.Have not tried e85 yet because i want to send some logs in first.I just hope the nose over in first from clutch protection is gone.Never noticed it until i put my drag radials on.Will see when i hit the track.Big thanks to Beef for helping out over the weekend,answered his phone at 10 at night on a saturday.AWESOME customer service.

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Flashed my lund ff tune this weekend and car feels great.Have not tried e85 yet because i want to send some logs in first.I just hope the nose over in first from clutch protection is gone.Never noticed it until i put my drag radials on.Will see when i hit the track.Big thanks to Beef for helping out over the weekend,answered his phone at 10 at night on a saturday.AWESOME customer service.
What is this "Clutch protection"?
Sponsored